5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

So I have had passive entry installed for about a year and a half with no issues. But a few weeks ago I noticed when driving through a car wash that my doors were unlocking. I discovered that the driver door will unlock even when the key is not present. Passenger door still works properly.
Anyone encountered this or have any thoughts on what would cause this?

So I have had passive entry installed for about a year and a half with no issues. But a few weeks ago I noticed when driving through a car wash that my doors were unlocking. I discovered that the driver door will unlock even when the key is not present. Passenger door still works properly.
Anyone encountered this or have any thoughts on what would cause this?
Rear window leak?

Anyone in Boston MA looking to get this done, let me know.

I have all my parts (9/11/2024) and will start putting in the parts over the next week. When I do something like this, I do go slowly verifying each step before making the actual changes. "Occupational hazard" from writing and supporting service documentation for the past several decades.

The wiring cables I got from Jimmy07 look OEM. His workmanship is very good.

Hi there, I have a quick question. I have a Ram TRX unfortunately I got with the Level package one and it doesn’t come with the passive entry if I program the computer with tazer it’s gonna word my warranty or no please let me know if anybody know about any information. Thank you.

Hi there, I have a quick question. I have a Ram TRX unfortunately I got with the Level package one and it doesn’t come with the passive entry if I program the computer with tazer it’s gonna word my warranty or no please let me know if anybody know about any information. Thank you.
No, you won't void your warranty. But you won't be able to program this with a Tazer.

Had to trade in my leased white 2020 bighorn so I removed the passive entry. New Laramie has passive already so I have kit for sale. Not sure how much it's worth yet but LMK if anyone is interested. I also have the bypass and alfaobd if anyone is in the Milwaukee Wi area and needs to use it

If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Jimmy 07 , I am new to the forum. I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn . need your info to order the wires for the passive entry

Just did mine last week. Got the wiring form Jimmy07. He does good work, looks factory, he even labels everything so it's real easy to hook up.

I’ve been looking online for the last couple months. My truck is a 2022 and I’m looking for the rear antenna for the passenger. A lot of these apps are from 2020. Can someone please want me to write direction

I’ve been looking online for the last couple months. My truck is a 2022 and I’m looking for the rear antenna for the passenger. A lot of these apps are from 2020. Can someone please want me to write direction
There is only one rear antenna. I'm not sure what passenger rear antenna you are asking about. I'm not sure what apps you are referring to either.

If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Well, the same set up work for 2022 ram 1500

I used this one for the tailgate antenna. I think it's actually for the 2500 trucks but it has the holes on the opposite sides and works just fine and it's cheap. Does not include the wiring of course.
Part # 56046957AA

1727306390075.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back