5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding 360 Surround camera for 2019-21 1500 Rebel

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What Ram 1500 do you have? What have you done in regards to 360 Surround Camera System, Adaptive and Lane Assist?
I have 21Ram 1500 Bighorn. When I was doing 360view same time I did passive entry so I've changed wiring in doors. I didn't change door modules because it was same as for Limited(got Limited mirrors with camera), rest of parts(most of them) I've used from the list above.
Now as for Adaptive Cruise and Lane Assist:
@Piotr_Rebel said that you will not need DASM(Drivers Assistance System Module) for 360view which is correct if you do not plan to add ACC or LA or Forward Collision Warning. But if you do and your truck was not equipped from factory with any of those features then you will need to get DASM+new windsheild+new rear view mirror(not sure about mirror).
As for parts you may have to double or even triple check part# if they gonna work with 22-up. I know for sure that radio(Uconnect 5) is changed.
Then follow @vincentw56 thread and @Piotr_Rebel install plus search forums and ask questions and you should be fine.
@Jimmy07 makes harnesses(excellent quality) if you need.
My truck came with every safety feature I could add so DASM was not required.

Attachments

• ACC Guide Full.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 44

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response.

As stated earlier if my 2021 Ram Rebel had some with the 360 and adaptive cruise, land assist and ventilated it would be perfect in my mind. So I am hoping to add at least 360 surround and I think it would make sense to add adaptive and lane assist at that point.

Unfortunately ventilated seats will not happen and is something I can do without if all else is done.

Too expensive to trade trucks with Inflation costs etc.

Dschmidt175

Reaction score
Hoping for a little help. I have been working on this project and have all components installed and made the suggest software changes. I have a 2020 Rebel, opened up my existing mirrors and drilled a whole for the cameras. I have the power folding non-tow mirrors. I am now getting the blue screen stating Camera System Unavailable. I know the CVPM is powered as it is throwing a fault and I see camera faults too. I'm thinking I could have purchased the wrong CVPM. I purchased the 68318033AI CVPM thinking it was the correct one for a 2020.

Attachments

• Camera.jpg
    Camera.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 24

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hoping for a little help. I have been working on this project and have all components installed and made the suggest software changes. I have a 2020 Rebel, opened up my existing mirrors and drilled a whole for the cameras. I have the power folding non-tow mirrors. I am now getting the blue screen stating Camera System Unavailable. I know the CVPM is powered as it is throwing a fault and I see camera faults too. I'm thinking I could have purchased the wrong CVPM. I purchased the 68318033AI CVPM thinking it was the correct one for a 2020.

I made a guide for this already. Did you follow it?

Dschmidt175

Reaction score
Yes that is where I got most of my information and introudcued to Jimmy who make me the CVPM harness. I have seen issues on people installing the surround view on the Ram HD forum that have gotten this blue screeen. I did not see any int he referenced guide above. Your guide was the reason I purcvhased the I purchased the 68318033AI CVPM as with a 2020 I should have the UC4.

Maintf16

Reaction score
Yes that is where I got most of my information and introudcued to Jimmy who make me the CVPM harness. I have seen issues on people installing the surround view on the Ram HD forum that have gotten this blue screeen. I did not see any int he referenced guide above. Your guide was the reason I purcvhased the I purchased the 68318033AI CVPM as with a 2020 I should have the UC4.
That is the correct module for your truck. I recently did this install on my 2021 built to serve and used that exact same pn and all works great. Only thing I needed to do was change year in body computer to 2020 for the soft buttons to work.

Dschmidt175

Reaction score
Thank you. Saw that change but did not think it was necessary since my model year is already set at 2020. At a loss. Ordered a male to male jumper and going to put my old camera back in the tailgate and bypass the CVPM to verify wiring. As you can see in the picture I was able to get the surround view soft button but nothing happens when I select it. Should I have the Backup Camera soft button also (it's still there)?

Grizzle87

Reaction score
Yes, I've drilled only bottom of the mirror. There is no other cutting needed.
Parts required are:
- camera
- camera bracket + screw
- Fakra jumper cable

View attachment 145482 View attachment 145483

P.S. If you get used mirrors with chrome covers you can replace them with black from your mirrors. (easy to remove and install after mirror glass removal, which is a bit tricky to remove)
Hi, I have a 2021 BTS. I’d like to add these cameras like you did, but one thing is deterring me to go this route. My question is, how did you know where to drill this hole? I looked under my BTS mirrors and there is no “circle” to indicate where to drill the camera hole. Is there a circle inside the assembly to show you where to drill that hole? Also, were the holes to put in the screws for the camera bracket already there? I see the silver screws in the pic provided. Thank you.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2021 BTS. I’d like to add these cameras like you did, but one thing is deterring me to go this route. My question is, how did you know where to drill this hole? I looked under my BTS mirrors and there is no “circle” to indicate where to drill the camera hole. Is there a circle inside the assembly to show you where to drill that hole? Also, were the holes to put in the screws for the camera bracket already there? I see the silver screws in the pic provided. Thank you.
There is a place inside the mirror that you would drill not the outside. I'll be working on this with my factory mirrors in a few weeks. I'll get pics and better instructions on it.

Grizzle87

Reaction score
There is a place inside the mirror that you would drill not the outside. I'll be working on this with my factory mirrors in a few weeks. I'll get pics and better instructions on it.
Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to the pics of the inside of the assembly. Also, thank you for your 360 write up in the other thread. Very helpful and informative as well.

St-na

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to the pics of the inside of the assembly. Also, thank you for your 360 write up in the other thread. Very helpful and informative as well.
There are several threads and many pictures for this installation. Just use search function, easy to find. I posted attached already. That's how I drill from inside.

Attachments

• 20221210_142034.jpg
    20221210_142034.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 42

Grizzle87

Reaction score
There are several threads and many pictures for this installation. Just use search function, easy to find. I posted attached already. That's how I drill from inside.
Were those two nubs for the camera bracket screws and that “circle” already there inside the housing when you took the mirror assembly apart? And then you just had to drill the hole into that “circle”? If so, it sounds easy enough.

St-na

Reaction score
Were those two nubs for the camera bracket screws and that “circle” already there inside the housing when you took the mirror assembly apart? And then you just had to drill the hole into that “circle”? If so, it sounds easy enough.
All there, just drill the hole!

Grizzle87

Reaction score

All there, just drill the hole!
That’s great to know! It will make things easier. I still look forward to the pics of the install.

Users who are viewing this thread