5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fred_11b

Reaction score
So back in 2019 I bought a brand new ram rebel. The dealer told me it came with remote start which was a feature I really wanted. After I took it home I noticed it did not have remote start.

I guess it was my fault for rushing with the sale and not confirming that it had that feature. Or maybe since it was an end of year sale, the salesman was just trying to get rid of the truck. Within the year I paid for an OEM remote start kit and had it installed at the dealership.

Now, I’ve been trying to figure out how to get the remote feature added to my RAM app. Currently on the app I can only GPS track the truck, lock/unlock and sound the horn.

I’ve tried going through Sirius XM, and the dealer but they both keep pointing the finger at each other. I did get extended warranty with my truck, i don’t know if that would help. I’m guessing all it would need is some sort of software flash/update?

Anyone have any suggestions?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So back in 2019 I bought a brand new ram rebel. The dealer told me it came with remote start which was a feature I really wanted. After I took it home I noticed it did not have remote start.

I guess it was my fault for rushing with the sale and not confirming that it had that feature. Or maybe since it was an end of year sale, the salesman was just trying to get rid of the truck. Within the year I paid for an OEM remote start kit and had it installed at the dealership.

Now, I’ve been trying to figure out how to get the remote feature added to my RAM app. Currently on the app I can only GPS track the truck, lock/unlock and sound the horn.

I’ve tried going through Sirius XM, and the dealer but they both keep pointing the finger at each other. I did get extended warranty with my truck, i don’t know if that would help. I’m guessing all it would need is some sort of software flash/update?

Anyone have any suggestions?
The only way to get it to work is for them to add the sales code for remote start. Then it should show up in your system.

Fred_11b

Reaction score
The only way to get it to work is for them to add the sales code for remote start. Then it should show up in your system.
So the dealer did say that the sales code was added onto my truck’s VIN# but that hasn’t changed anything.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So the dealer did say that the sales code was added onto my truck’s VIN# but that hasn’t changed anything.
Then I'm out of ideas. How long ago? Maybe it takes awhile (days, weeks, months) for Sirius to get the change. Sounds like the dealer did their part and now it is up to Sirus.

Fred_11b

Reaction score
Then I'm out of ideas. How long ago? Maybe it takes awhile (days, weeks, months) for Sirius to get the change. Sounds like the dealer did their part and now it is up to Sirus.
I was told the sales code was added about a year ago…..

Fred_11b

Reaction score
then have the dealer run your build sheet and it will show up. if it does not then the dealer lied.
So what you’re saying is, go into the dealer and ask for my trucks build sheet that shows my remote start code on it?

Fred_11b

Reaction score
correct
when I picked up my truck it was missing something, and the manager came up to me with the build sheet and verified it was something I was intitled to.
Cool, I’ll check it out this week. Thanks

Fred_11b

Reaction score
correct
when I picked up my truck it was missing something, and the manager came up to me with the build sheet and verified it was something I was intitled to.
So checked out the equipment through the ram app for my truck and all it has is “standard equipment” then the oem remote start I had installed after was under “dealer installed equipment”

Attachments

• IMG_0538.png
    IMG_0538.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0539.png
    IMG_0539.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0540.png
    IMG_0540.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0541.png
    IMG_0541.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0542.png
    IMG_0542.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0543.png
    IMG_0543.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0544.png
    IMG_0544.png
    194 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0545.png
    IMG_0545.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 9

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealer needs to work with Sirus. I don't expect them to get it working ever. Would involve a programming change on Sirus's end or Ram changing the trucks core configs in their records to show remote start so Sirus picks up the change.

Users who are viewing this thread