5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive headlights will now be allowed in the US

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had auto dimming lights for almost 7 years and I ever noticed them staying on too long. If anything the only thing I dont like about them is that they dic when traveling at slow speed like turning into a dark driveway when my eyes need the brights.
Does "dic" mean turn off? My 2021 Laramies' high beams stay on all the way to a stop. My wife's car turns off the high beams as soon as your speed drops below 30 mph which I think is stupid.

wvinson

Reaction score
I had a '14 BMW 550i sport and had it coded to european headlight specs. When cars are coming towards u, the right headlight stayed straight and the left pointed left to light up the entire road, and when it switched to brights, they switched back straight and rotated upwards. Best LEDs I've ever seen -- visibility was incredible.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was skeptical about the auto high beams because I'm pretty sensitive about blasting other cars...it's rude, but the system on this truck is impressive. The first few times I used it, I had my hand behind the lever waiting to intervene. Now I just turn them on and let it do its thing. If the lever wasn't so far away from the steering wheel in the auto mode, I'd just leave them in auto all of the time. The rain sensing wipers are equally impressive. The rain sensing wipers on my wife's last two cars have been anything but automatic.
I do like the rain sensing wipers on these trucks. They work great... if I could only remember to turn them off when entering the touchless car wash, though. :sneaky:

Users who are viewing this thread