5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Park Assist hit another vehicle

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like it works about as well as Trailer Reverse Steering.🙄

Quint

Reaction score
...he only uses the brake when the car says "Stop" and let it just roll by itself, that's why it's going that "fast".
Were you parking on an incline or decline? That would certainly make it roll faster.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Yes, you have to enable before you find a spot. It finds the spot for you. But it seems to only work on the right side to find a spot. And slow is relative. I mean you would drive like normal to find a spot.
So you are saying it will find a spot doing 45mph?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, you have to enable before you find a spot. It finds the spot for you. But it seems to only work on the right side to find a spot. And slow is relative. I mean you would drive like normal to find a spot.
I'm not driving under 20 mpg on a main road trying to find a spot to park, good way to get rear ended.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I'm not driving under 20 mpg on a main road trying to find a spot to park, good way to get rear ended.
That statement makes no sense. 20 mph on a main road that allows parallel parking on the street and you think someone will rear-end you? Give me a break. Never once had thar happen in 30 years of city driving.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Heck I thought that‘s what bumpers are for, sorta like “curb feelers”… You’ve got to be old to remember those… Oops, busted myself.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That statement makes no sense. 20 mph on a main road that allows parallel parking on the street and you think someone will rear-end you? Give me a break. Never once had thar happen in 30 years of city driving.
I don't live in hickville.
Drive in Boston for a day and tell me you can drive slow looking for spots. Ain't happening. You drive normal until you find a spot then slow down at it, park sense will not work as it did not "find" the spot itself.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I don't live in hickville.
Drive in Boston for a day and tell me you can drive slow looking for spots. Ain't happening. You drive normal until you find a spot then slow down at it, park sense will not work as it did not "find" the spot itself.
I've driven in LA, Chicago, NY, Miami, and a few others. They seem pretty far from Hicksville. But keep telling yourself whatever you want.

peek

Reaction score
Were you parking on an incline or decline? That would certainly make it roll faster.
Nope... flat parking area at the mall. The road could have been a bit smooth, but there was nothing noticeable about wheel spin.

6of36

Reaction score
Heck I thought that‘s what bumpers are for, sorta like “curb feelers”… You’ve got to be old to remember those… Oops, busted myself.
I've seen a lot of curb feelers. Usually on pimp rides, to protect the gangster wall tires.

Users who are viewing this thread