5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Noise Cancelling question

wsutard1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can see if my ANC has been bypassed somehow by the previous owner? I can hear my exhaust and XT tires hum quite clear in my limited. Have been wondering if it isn’t working because I have a lot of cabin noise. H/K 19 speaker system if that matters
The ANC is the silver box under the drivers seat. Pull the seat all the way forward and up and look at it from the rear seat. You will see a white plug in the rear right corner. If there is a jumper or pig tail between the white plug and the box, it’s been bypassed.

If there are wires pulled out of the white plug, then they bypassed by disconnecting the mics.

The other way people do it is they disconnect the mics from in the headliner. Why, I don’t know.

Hope this helps.

titan3636

Reaction score
Ok I’ll try it out and see
@bigdodge : Tested it out today. 70-75 mph on the highway I’m running 75dB - nothing but a/c on. Radio muted, windows up.

@wsutard1 :
Pics of my anc box attached. Don’t see any pigtail and wires all seem to be intact. There are two wires (green and white) that are pulled up from the rest of the bunch. Is this normal?

00185B96-3AFD-4267-AAD6-5BD6CD2AA259.jpeg B6B9BC89-24D8-43B7-B3A7-A7A2A000D2BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/