5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active air ram delete from factory?

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I just noticed my window sticker popped up for my ordered ram. The second to last “optional equipment” shows “active air dam delete(-$85)”. Did they not put the air ram on my 1500? Does anyone else’s window sticker say this with a minus $85 next to it?

McHouck

Reaction score
Mine had the same as yours. I was wondering that too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think if you have the air suspension they would delete the active air dam, as technically it is not needed anymore. A lot of us with 2019's & 2020's have both air suspension, AND an active air dam. Maybe they finally changed that. Just my guess.

McHouck

Reaction score
I ordered Big horn, no air suspension.

fast ed

Reaction score
i ordered a Laramie no air suspension. i too have the active shutters removed with a -$85..

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok...hold on! lol..are we talking about the active shutters? or the active air dam...these are 2 separate things.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
ok...hold on! lol..are we talking about the active shutters? or the active air dam...these are 2 separate things.
I have no idea yet as my truck is in the “shipping” phase. It says “active air dam delete -$85”. So I guess I’ll wait to see what specifically they deleted...

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no idea yet as my truck is in the “shipping” phase. It says “active air dam delete -$85”. So I guess I’ll wait to see what specifically they deleted...
well, for what it's worth, the "active air dam" is the spoiler under the front bumper that drops down at a certain speed for " increased gas mileage" (ha ha...good one FCA!)...the "active shutters" are like Venetian blinds in front of your radiator that open when needed, and close when not...sounds to me like they are deleting the active dam underneath. Like someone said, could be part shortage, or a chip shortage related. Good luck.

McHouck

Reaction score
I have the ORP on mine so maybe that is why the air dam is deleted?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ORP on mine so maybe that is why the air dam is deleted?

I believe the ORP trucks still come with the active air dam. I have a Built to Serve that includes the ORP, and I have the active air dam on mine.

As far as I know, the only trucks that don’t come with the active air dam are Rebels and the trucks equipped with the air suspension.

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
Just got a brochure today as part of trying to get a $1000 coupon. For the BH upper grille shutters it has a S (standard) for the lower P (package). There is no mention of this on the build page as to which pkg has it or not. Maybe on a build sheet but don't recall seeing it, especially broken down in upper and lower. I'd say they either have a parts shortage and/or are eliminating it. I haven't seen it on any window stickers either.

So above is based on the printed brochure. Yet online brochure is different only showing it as package for diesel.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The big question is, why are they charging $85 for a part they aren’t putting on 🤔

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the ORP trucks still come with the active air dam. I have a Built to Serve that includes the ORP, and I have the active air dam on mine.

As far as I know, the only trucks that don’t come with the active air dam are the trucks equipped with the air suspension.
That's the crazy part...I have air AND active air dam. Lots of guys report the same thing too...

McHouck

Reaction score
Mine is an e-torque. Maybe that's it?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the crazy part...I have air AND active air dam. Lots of guys report the same thing too...
My father has a 2019 Limited and he has both too. Not sure if the 2020s were the same way or if it is still happening on the 2021s up until this point.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just noticed my window sticker popped up for my ordered ram. The second to last “optional equipment” shows “active air dam delete(-$85)”. Did they not put the air ram on my 1500? Does anyone else’s window sticker say this with a minus $85 next to it?
I do not have an air dam because I have a Rebel, my truck also has the ecodiesel, all the diesels have the inter cooler with active shutters, located in a slot in the bumper, I believe that there would not be room for the servo motors and mechanism for an active air dam.

Users who are viewing this thread