5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Activate front camera automatic park sense

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct procedure to activate the above option with AlfaOBD?
I found one post on another forum where the guy said he had to use AlfaOBD to select the option "don't detect ECU". Im not sure if that is the case or not. I would rather wait for help instead of screwing up my truck. :)
Thanks
Tom

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Maybe a mod can move this to AlfaOBD section if needed

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct procedure to activate the above option with AlfaOBD?
I found one post on another forum where the guy said he had to use AlfaOBD to select the option "don't detect ECU". Im not sure if that is the case or not. I would rather wait for help instead of screwing up my truck. :)
Thanks
Tom
There isn't one.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks
Tom
You’ll check the box for do not detect ECU in the alfaobd settings. Select your truck as a Ram 2500, and select MY2024 powernet (if there is one, can’t remember, otherwise MY2023). In car configuration change, change CustSetMenu 3: Park Sense Based Camera Activation to Yes.
This will only work on 2023+ trucks.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Works great with AlfaOBD also. Don't have to spend $349. :p

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you able to post what settings you changed with AlFa to enable this?
look up

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Yes, I saw Jimmy's post. As usual he is very informative! I got things working thru AlfaOBD no problem. I also turned on side view so when the blinker is turned on it give you a view of the side your signaling. I don't like the way the side view works but its nice you are able to turn both options on/off in the vehicle settings menu.
Tom

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I saw Jimmy's post. As usual he is very informative! I got things working thru AlfaOBD no problem. I also turned on side view so when the blinker is turned on it give you a view of the side your signaling. I don't like the way the side view works but its nice you are able to turn both options on/off in the vehicle settings menu.
Tom
Yeah, the factory turn signal activated side cameras are intended for the heavy duty rams, since their mirror cameras’ individual view is to the rear, and not straight down to the curb like the 1500’s.

Users who are viewing this thread