5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC is Cold, rear window/brake light doesn't leak, and I get great fuel mileage on my 4x4 3.92 E Torque 5.7L

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally satisfied with more than a year of ownership and 16k miles. No trips to the dealer other than oil changes. Even gets the rated mpg or better. No issues but I did do the AC hack.

94 degrees here today and wife took the truck shopping. Her unprompted comment - ‘Boy that truck has cold AC!’. I just smiled.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 59947 I have been worried about summer as I keep hearing about the poor AC performance but I live in the south and its plenty hot already here and my AC is cold. I haven't measured it but its plenty cold for me and passengers. Also my rear window has a shadow line for the crack at 6000 miles but no water there or at the rear brake light yet either. And perhaps the most thing I am happy about is fuel mileage. I drive about 28 miles each way to work and about 8-10 miles is interstate and the rest is back roads. Tank after tank after tank the display shows 18.7-19.0 mpg. When I hand calculate of course its a little lower.

I have been experimenting with the DTE on the fuel tank because I only have the 26 gallon tank. Most of the time the gauge is near E but it still shows 60-80 miles remaining so the last few tanks I have been going lower and lower and seeing how many gallons it takes. The last tank it showed 63 DTE and when I filled up it took 21.5 gallons. This tank. I took it down to 13 DTE and the tank accepted 26.4 gallons and the last 1-2 I had to put in slowly to get that much in there. So it appears to me that the digital DTE gauge is very accurate. Another 13-18 miles would have used up most of the 1.6 gallons I had remaining.

So far I can't find anything I dont like about it. It rides great looks great has a great engine etc. I love my 2019 Longhorn and most of all I love my DIY truck drawers I made for it.
Blasphemour! Don't you know that all Rams have leaky windows, lukewarm AC and low fuel economy????

Burn him at the stake! :p

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious, its not under the Mopar extended warranty because its a "plastic lens"....Bummer. He had to foot the cost.
I'm on my third CHMSL lamp assembly for leaking and each replacement has been under warranty. If the plastic lens itself is cracked due to damage, then it may not be covered. But for leaking gasket, it should.

I'd have a discussion with the dealer.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 034688 miles.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Very happy customer here too, so far. AC blows VERY cold, love the ride, handling, looks, interior design, ergonomics, and comfort. No leaks, drips, or errors. FE is so-so (15.5-16.5 in mixed driving), but I've only got 4k miles on it and just had the first oil change, so I'm hoping to see improvements. Long road trip coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll know more then.

zlman

Reaction score
Other than a bad battery which has been replaced, no issues, 6000 miles to date.
When I was looking to buy, it was Ram or Ford. Part of me thought I should wait until the new F150 was released, now that I've seen them I'm so glad I went Ram!

rotts4u

Reaction score
So, you really meant 24.4, not 26.4 ;) Glad you're so happy with your truck. I feel the same way about mine.
Thanks and yes you are correct. I fixed the original post now

rotts4u

Reaction score
Leer shell on that bed?

The shell is an ARE CX Revo. Leer is very good too so I cant claim this one is any better than Leers I have had in the past, but I do like the bowed glass so I dont have the big plastic flap on the bottom of the glass to cover the tailgate. Otherwise both are great toppers

FTRO

Reaction score
If i get 15.5 mpg or better when I get my new Ram.... It's a win!!!!!!!! I have only averaged 13.27 for the life of my 06' F150 5.4L. Best ever 15.6 mpg tank.
Soooooo looking forward, well maybe 2+months from now, to new Truck.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 59947 I have been worried about summer as I keep hearing about the poor AC performance but I live in the south and its plenty hot already here and my AC is cold. I haven't measured it but its plenty cold for me and passengers. Also my rear window has a shadow line for the crack at 6000 miles but no water there or at the rear brake light yet either. And perhaps the most thing I am happy about is fuel mileage. I drive about 28 miles each way to work and about 8-10 miles is interstate and the rest is back roads. Tank after tank after tank the display shows 18.7-19.0 mpg. When I hand calculate of course its a little lower.

I have been experimenting with the DTE on the fuel tank because I only have the 26 gallon tank. Most of the time the gauge is near E but it still shows 60-80 miles remaining so the last few tanks I have been going lower and lower and seeing how many gallons it takes. The last tank it showed 63 DTE and when I filled up it took 21.5 gallons. This tank. I took it down to 13 DTE and the tank accepted 24.6 gallons and the last 1-2 I had to put in slowly to get that much in there. So it appears to me that the digital DTE gauge is very accurate. Another 13-18 miles would have used up most of the 1.6 gallons I had remaining.

So far I can't find anything I dont like about it. It rides great looks great has a great engine etc. I love my 2019 Longhorn and most of all I love my DIY truck drawers I made for it.
Same here. Still don't have online search, but the work-around does just fine. Now just have to get the Hellwig installed.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
I still Love my truck after 1 year/10K miles. The only issue I had was slightly warped Rambox covers. I mentioned it to my dealership just to get it on the record during the 1st year..but they wanted to adjust them. Turns out they replaced them and they are now perfect... except I now have to get ceramic coating applied to the new lids...oh well...lol. If I had to do it over again, I would by my exact truck again!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The shell is an ARE CX Revo. Leer is very good too so I cant claim this one is any better than Leers I have had in the past, but I do like the bowed glass so I dont have the big plastic flap on the bottom of the glass to cover the tailgate. Otherwise both are great toppers
Had an ARE on a Dakota and really liked it.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, we finished up our trip. Lots of mountain driving. Did about 300 miles and averaged 17.1. I'm satisfied with my MPG now. I have a heavy truck that was full of people and the 3.92. Not worth complaining about.

You are literally the only person.

Except there's an entire thread of people agreeing?

Jim L

Reaction score
Got to test my AC today for first time after reading about all the issues although I have not had no complaints. i have a 2020 Laramie and temp readings were mid 40’s on auto. Odd how so many have cold air issues and obviously a problem but a few of us have been lucky. No cracked/leaking window yet either

Snakes709

Reaction score
I think they need to add an "unlike" or "Thumbs Down" button on this forum ;)
Why? I had my ram for 3 months and it was in 5 different times (no a/c from the day i bought it, loud metallic clunk, truck not detecting fob so it had to be towed in, rough idle/stalling and a bunch of recalls). 5 months after trading it in i got a call that the part for the a/c was in. Thank god!, Glad i could have a/c on a truck i dont have anymore in -40*c temps.
My AT4 has way more and better features, better gas mileage, more power and has only had one issue that was just a computer glitch. I will say though, the black on blue sport ram was my favourite looking truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread