5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC is Cold, rear window/brake light doesn't leak, and I get great fuel mileage on my 4x4 3.92 E Torque 5.7L

rotts4u

Reaction score
2020-03-25 22.28.55.png I have been worried about summer as I keep hearing about the poor AC performance but I live in the south and its plenty hot already here and my AC is cold. I haven't measured it but its plenty cold for me and passengers. Also my rear window has a shadow line for the crack at 6000 miles but no water there or at the rear brake light yet either. And perhaps the most thing I am happy about is fuel mileage. I drive about 28 miles each way to work and about 8-10 miles is interstate and the rest is back roads. Tank after tank after tank the display shows 18.7-19.0 mpg. When I hand calculate of course its a little lower.

I have been experimenting with the DTE on the fuel tank because I only have the 26 gallon tank. Most of the time the gauge is near E but it still shows 60-80 miles remaining so the last few tanks I have been going lower and lower and seeing how many gallons it takes. The last tank it showed 63 DTE and when I filled up it took 21.5 gallons. This tank. I took it down to 13 DTE and the tank accepted 24.6 gallons and the last 1-2 I had to put in slowly to get that much in there. So it appears to me that the digital DTE gauge is very accurate. Another 13-18 miles would have used up most of the 1.6 gallons I had remaining.

So far I can't find anything I dont like about it. It rides great looks great has a great engine etc. I love my 2019 Longhorn and most of all I love my DIY truck drawers I made for it.

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's great to hear from someone who is overall happy with their RAM. I have 10k miles on my 2020 and only had to deal with the third brake light leaking thus far but other than that I have been happy with my truck in all other areas to include towing.

Rick J

Reaction score
So, you really meant 24.4, not 26.4 ;) Glad you're so happy with your truck. I feel the same way about mine.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Like wise. Its nice not having any issues. All i had to do is sell that piece of **** ram and buy a Sierra 1500 AT4.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear it.

I'm hoping the first oil change helps my MPG some. I can't seem to keep mine above 15 on the trip computer. We've got a road trip coming up though and I'm hopeful I'll see some better fuel economy on mostly highway. Not really a complaint, it's a truck after all, but I'd like to be around 17-19 like the rest of you guys. Otherwise no complaints w/ my truck so far!

Skater

Reaction score
View attachment 59947 I have been worried about summer as I keep hearing about the poor AC performance but I live in the south and its plenty hot already here and my AC is cold. I haven't measured it but its plenty cold for me and passengers. Also my rear window has a shadow line for the crack at 6000 miles but no water there or at the rear brake light yet either. And perhaps the most thing I am happy about is fuel mileage. I drive about 28 miles each way to work and about 8-10 miles is interstate and the rest is back roads. Tank after tank after tank the display shows 18.7-19.0 mpg. When I hand calculate of course its a little lower.

I have been experimenting with the DTE on the fuel tank because I only have the 26 gallon tank. Most of the time the gauge is near E but it still shows 60-80 miles remaining so the last few tanks I have been going lower and lower and seeing how many gallons it takes. The last tank it showed 63 DTE and when I filled up it took 21.5 gallons. This tank. I took it down to 13 DTE and the tank accepted 26.4 gallons and the last 1-2 I had to put in slowly to get that much in there. So it appears to me that the digital DTE gauge is very accurate. Another 13-18 miles would have used up most of the 1.6 gallons I had remaining.

So far I can't find anything I dont like about it. It rides great looks great has a great engine etc. I love my 2019 Longhorn and most of all I love my DIY truck drawers I made for it.
Leer shell on that bed?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like wise. Its nice not having any issues. All i had to do is sell that piece of **** ram and buy a Sierra 1500 AT4.
You're on the wrong forum......here is a link to the crappy GMC forum below.

Last edited:

tnjohn

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread. It is good to know that owners out there have trouble free RAMs in the driveway. Frustrated owners need a place to vent and a forum is a place for that, but it tends to give the impression that a model overall is problematic. I have owned my Laramie Longhorn for nearly one year and it has been trouble free, too. Cold A/C, no leaks anywhere, ICE perform without a glitch. I am super happy with RAM.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highgear2005

Reaction score
No issues with my 19 bighorn. My air conditioner works just fine. Other then the small rock chip in the windshield. I’m happy with this truck. 8600 miles and my average is near 19. 5.7 3.92 non e torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Other than a slight "creak" coming from the rearview mirror cover that I corrected using felt, I have had no issues on my 2019 Longhorn. The AC is ice cold, super comfortable ride, and an overall awesome truck!

KcRay

Reaction score
AC is cold, no water leaks, average 16.5 -17. mpg 50/50 city/highway. More than happy with my Ram! I've had 3 brand new trucks in 6 years, If I were not happy with this one, I would not have it.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been both hot and humid here in western New York state and some of my passengers still complain about the AC being too cold.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 034668 miles.

Paultg

Reaction score
This is great. Reviewing these forums really makes me nervous sometimes. My truck was ordered last week.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wondered....is a leaking brake light covered under warranty?

It's great to hear from someone who is overall happy with their RAM. I have 10k miles on my 2020 and only had to deal with the third brake light leaking thus far but other than that I have been happy with my truck in all other areas to include towing.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondered....is a leaking brake light covered under warranty?
Yes. Three years or 36,000 miles.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 034688 miles.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just curious, its not under the Mopar extended warranty because its a "plastic lens"....Bummer. He had to foot the cost.

Yes. Three years or 36,000 miles.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 034688 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread