5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to order

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the forum and currently driving a Mercedes E550 but got the truck bug again after the flooding in Houston last year. Even with the Benz's air suspension, I wasn't going to brave any semblance of high water!

Almost pulled the trigger on a F150 Limited last year, but Ford did enough things to keep me away: "Premium" sound is nowhere near premium, didn't care for the blue only interior option so that left Platinum which has a vinyl strip through the seat and back (what?), the fact that they remove the blind spot mirrors when you get the blind spot monitoring (you can never have too much mirror), and others. So I waited and what do you know, Ram created the best truck I've ever seen.

I do not think it is the best exterior looking truck but that's passable. It's the combination of features, technology, and interior that made it. Now I'm just waiting on my local dealer to give me the call to place my order because I "need" eTorque Hemi, Ramboxes, and a few other late availables.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I too went from driving a Mercedes to my Ram. Sounds like you'll be ordering a nice truck.
1f44d.png

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Edwards said:
New to the forum and currently driving a Mercedes E550 but got the truck bug again after the flooding in Houston last year. Even with the Benz's air suspension, I wasn't going to brave any semblance of high water!

Almost pulled the trigger on a F150 Limited last year, but Ford did enough things to keep me away: "Premium" sound is nowhere near premium, didn't care for the blue only interior option so that left Platinum which has a vinyl strip through the seat and back (what?), the fact that they remove the blind spot mirrors when you get the blind spot monitoring (you can never have too much mirror), and others. So I waited and what do you know, Ram created the best truck I've ever seen.

I do not think it is the best exterior looking truck but that's passable. It's the combination of features, technology, and interior that made it. Now I'm just waiting on my local dealer to give me the call to place my order because I "need" eTorque Hemi, Ramboxes, and a few other late availables.
what other late availability items? I only know of eTorque and Ramboxes.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bed step (part of the bed utility group) is the last one.

GoFastGoFish

Reaction score
For the record "Premium Sound" is never good haha.. especially for people that think it should sound good with Sirius.. Sirius compression is terrible.. which makes all of these systems sound terrible.. for instance Mark Levinson in Lexus..

I have the HK system in the new 19.. it's not bad.. but after years of audio engineering and former high end installs when I was a kid.. none of this stuff is truly "Premium"

But for most people... it will work
263a.png

Good luck with your new truck selection , I have had many Mopars and no matter what issues I have had .. I have always come back.. The interiors are always better than the competitors !!!

Cheers !!

D

Deleted member103

2019Limited said:
For the record "Premium Sound" is never good haha.. especially for people that think it should sound good with Sirius.. Sirius compression is terrible.. which makes all of these systems sound terrible.. for instance Mark Levinson in Lexus..

I have the HK system in the new 19.. it's not bad.. but after years of audio engineering and former high end installs when I was a kid.. none of this stuff is truly "Premium"

But for most people... it will work
263a.png

Good luck with your new truck selection , I have had many Mopars and no matter what issues I have had .. I have always come back.. The interiors are always better than the competitors !!!

Cheers !!
So true ! Whenever I see the "premium" label I turn and run in the opposite direction
263a.png
1f604.png
. . . well not always ! After 40+ years of "mediocre" stereo speakers, I finally went on a search, Found, Listened and bought a pair of Martin Logan towers ! Living in an apartment I don't often get the chance to "crank UP" the
Volume . . . but when the timing is right . . . WOW; very nice base, mids, and the folded tweets are superb ! Only regret, won't be able to take them with me when I die !
263a.png

1f914.png

1f609.png
? ? ?

D

Deleted member103

2019REBEL said:
Depend how big of coffin you get
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
Well, if that's the case, maybe I should just have them place me in my new drift boat WITH the complete stereo hooked up to a car battery and inverter and ROCK Me Out in a VIKING Flame of Glory with one of my Favorite Tunes . . . you know kinda like a 21st Century Navy burial at sea . . . harkened back 1100 years ! ! !
1f606.png

icon_lol.gif

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edwards said:
The bed step (part of the bed utility group) is the last one.
I dont think the bed step is part of the bed utility group. I ordered the bed utility group and also, just looked on Ram's website does not say the bed step is included with that package.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
alacombe said:
I dont think the bed step is part of the bed utility group. I ordered the bed utility group and also, just looked on Ram's website does not say the bed step is included with that package.
It does say it is in the brochure but you never know....subject to change.

J

jimh4662@

I checked with Parts department. They did not have any new listing on the step for 2019. They do have steps for prior years.

Users who are viewing this thread