5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ran across another crowdfunded wireless dongle. I like the form factor.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone who's received their unit had to pay customs? I had a bad experience with another product where the duty was as much as I paid for the item and shipping.

Mine and I guess a lot of other units is currently in customs.

FrankieG

Reaction score
Has anyone who's received their unit had to pay customs? I had a bad experience with another product where the duty was as much as I paid for the item and shipping.

Mine and I guess a lot of other units is currently in customs.
I received mine a few months back. Didn't pay customs but it sat at Customs in Newark, NJ for almost a week.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received mine today. Connected, updated and seems to work great. Samsung S21 Ultra. Even connected the phone via USB while AAwireless was connected and it did nt break the wireless connection.
Came with v 1.70 and updated to 1.71

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Works great! Several start and stops running errands and it worked fine. The only issue I get is that I get a device not supported on Uconnect (12") when starting it. But, I click okay and it works fine.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Works great! Several start and stops running errands and it worked fine. The only issue I get is that I get a device not supported on Uconnect (12") when starting it. But, I click okay and it works fine.
I get the same error message.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, it's working really well.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, it's working really well.
Now I just need to come up with a solution for wireless charging and I'll be set. My phone is too big to use the ramcharger and I would like to still keep it down in the factory location.

FrankieG

Reaction score
I got that message as well when I first started using it. I think I set the USB mode to MPT or something like that and it resolved it. I'll check the settings when I go out to the truck.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got that message as well when I first started using it. I think I set the USB mode to MPT or something like that and it resolved it. I'll check the settings when I go out to the truck.

Thanks for this tip! I changed to MTP and the error messages have stopped.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I have had mine for three months now and a couple of quirks...
1) Three times in three months when I get in the truck it says no phone paired. It's like AAwireless deleted the pairing. Not a big deal, I just repair and everything is fine except I have to reset up favorite contacts.
2) Occasionally, it doesn't connect. It's happened a couple of times when I was already on the phone when getting in the truck. White light on the AAwireless unit. I discovered that if this happens I can open the AAwireless app, hit settings and save. The unit reboots and connects fine.

Again, these don't happen often. Phone is S10+. Still happy with the device!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had mine for three months now and a couple of quirks...
1) Three times in three months when I get in the truck it says no phone paired. It's like AAwireless deleted the pairing. Not a big deal, I just repair and everything is fine except I have to reset up favorite contacts.
2) Occasionally, it doesn't connect. It's happened a couple of times when I was already on the phone when getting in the truck. White light on the AAwireless unit. I discovered that if this happens I can open the AAwireless app, hit settings and save. The unit reboots and connects fine.

Again, these don't happen often. Phone is S10+. Still happy with the device!

I rarely, but occasionally, get the no phone paired message on start but just ignore it and after ~5 seconds UConnect "remembers" the pairing and all is well. Maybe try waiting on it?

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I rarely, but occasionally, get the no phone paired message on start but just ignore it and after ~5 seconds UConnect "remembers" the pairing and all is well. Maybe try waiting on it?
I get that too and I just wait and it connects. What I am talking about is never connecting. My paired phone list shows no phone paired. Like I said, has only happened 3 times in three months, weird.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I got in my truck this morning and AA does not start up on the head unit. Last I drove the truck was on Saturday where AA had been working perfectly. Never drove the truck yesterday (Sunday) till this morning. My phone (Samsung) shows AA wireless and BT are both connected and the unit flashes a blue light. But AA won't initiate on UConnect.. Haven't had much time to trouble-shoot today but will look into this evening when I get off work.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Still having intermittent issues.. I may just factory reset and start over.. I maybe dealing with the fact that I have the new Samsung Flip 3 phone and could be contributing to the behavior of how this works with either phone open vs closed but not sure yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/