5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few ReadyLift questions

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thinking you are correct. Which means I really didn’t have to go with a 3.5 inch Readylift kit. Even know Readylift said it would work. Now to figure out how to get my money back or sell it to someone who doesn’t have the ORP.
Other members with the offroad package or Rebel have just been buying the control arms and using a MotoFab 2.5" top hat spacer. Or if you don't mind the rake, just don't install the preload spacer.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
Other members with the offroad package or Rebel have just been buying the control arms and using a MotoFab 2.5" top hat spacer. Or if you don't mind the rake, just don't install the preload spacer.
So are you saying that they are using the ReadyLift UCA’s and using the MotoFab top hat?
I guess like you said, I could always yank out the preload spacer on the lift that I have now but there would be a slight rake on the truck due to the 2”rear spacer.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So are you saying that they are using the ReadyLift UCA’s and using the MotoFab top hat?
I guess like you said, I could always yank out the preload spacer on the lift that I have now but there would be a slight rake on the truck due to the 2”rear spacer.

Correct, many members here with the offroad package or Rebel have ordered the Readylift control arms off of Amazon and a MotoFab 2.5" spacer to level the truck out with no issues. @VaderRebel did a pretty good writeup when he did his Rebel. Other members here that didn't mind the rake just left the preload spacer out.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
I have read the write up that @VaderRebel did and there is a lot of useful information. I think what I’ll end up doing is taking the pre-load spacer out, take the top hat spacer off and install a 2-1/2” MotoFab spacer. Then take a look at the rake and if need be take the 2” spacer out and drop in the 1” spacer. Hopefully that will resolve all these issues and then I can continue with other mods.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read the write up that @VaderRebel did and there is a lot of useful information. I think what I’ll end up doing is taking the pre-load spacer out, take the top hat spacer off and install a 2-1/2” MotoFab spacer. Then take a look at the rake and if need be take the 2” spacer out and drop in the 1” spacer. Hopefully that will resolve all these issues and then I can continue with other mods.
That would give you the exact same look as a non offroad package truck with the 3.5" kit. Should improve the ride a little as well. Hope it takes care of your issues.

Nick54

Reaction score
So I have been digging through many of the posts on lifting our Rams. Many are specifically geared toward off roading or 3+", huge tire lifts. My Longhorn is bone stock with regard to the suspension and will remain on the road. I would like to level the front to the rear and am wondering what the options are for accomplish this. I know of the strut spacers that simply raise the body, are there any consequences to this approach or are there better options?

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have been digging through many of the posts on lifting our Rams. Many are specifically geared toward off roading or 3+", huge tire lifts. My Longhorn is bone stock with regard to the suspension and will remain on the road. I would like to level the front to the rear and am wondering what the options are for accomplish this. I know of the strut spacers that simply raise the body, are there any consequences to this approach or are there better options?
A top hat style strut spacer will be your best option, and I would advise replacing the control as well for peace of mind. Measure from.the center of the wheel to the lip of the fender front and back to see how big of a spacer you need. Likely between 2-2.5"

Nick54

Reaction score
A top hat style strut spacer will be your best option, and I would advise replacing the control as well for peace of mind. Measure from.the center of the wheel to the lip of the fender front and back to see how big of a spacer you need. Likely between 2-2.5"

I've read that its likely a 2" lift on stock suspension won't require the UCA's for alignment purposes. Have you heard this? Certainly safe rather then eating tires.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read that its likely a 2" lift on stock suspension won't require the UCA's for alignment purposes. Have you heard this? Certainly safe rather then eating tires.
It's a hard call. 4th gens were notorious for the ball joints popping out of the UCA even with a 2" leveling kit. 2019s are redesigned so it's hard to tell, but even the Mopar 2" lift kit uses new control arms. I used the Readylift kit just to be on a safe side. Didn't want to chance it with a 50k truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/