5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few ReadyLift questions

JBeckman

Reaction score
Hope this isnt too long winded.
2019 ORP Ram. Had a RC level kit. Bought a RC 3.5" lift and was extremely dissatisfied with the quality. Sent Back and ordered the ReadyLift 3.5".

Went off old measurements of my truck and believe I was right at 22" from center hub to fender lip.

Installed the rear 2" spacers.

Go to the front and pull out the RC preload and install RL preload. Also installed top hat. (Read in a couple other posts, it fit w/ no issues on a ORP). I cannot get it to fit at all. Took back out and left just the preload in.

Now I was reading through more posts and most people go with the 1 1/8" (actual measurement) top hat and leave out the preload. That puts their truck at. 1" or so rake. The preload spacer measures 1.5".

Curious how the thinner top hat would achieve a higher lift than the preload. At least that is the way I read it. Or am I lost. Lol

My goal is to achieve the highest amount of lift in the front with keeping rear spacer.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Right now I measure 42" in the rear and roughly 39.5" front.

Here is a pic, but it's late here. 20181207_182308.jpg

JBeckman

Reaction score
Basically I'm trying to figure out which component gives the most lift. Preload or top hat spacer that come in the RL kit. Since I have to ORP, I cannot use both.

I used to run RC on a lot of trucks i had in past. Originally ordered the 3.5 RC lift. However their quality has taken a nose dive, so I sent it back.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ReadyLift arm gives you lift due to the angle of it which makes up the difference of the 1 1/8” +/- top spacer.
Not true. All the Readylift control arm does is give you a better angle with their ball joint to prevent damage. You could put the Readylift control arm on a completely stock truck and would see no lift what so ever.

OP, your best bet for the front would be a Motofab 2" or 2.5" top hat spacer. If you are set on the Readylift, I do believe the preload spacer will give you more lift over their top hat spacer.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not true. All the Readylift control arm does is give you a better angle with their ball joint to prevent damage. You could put the Readylift control arm on a completely stock truck and would see no lift what so ever.

OP, your best bet for the front would be a Motofab 2" or 2.5" top hat spacer. If you are set on the Readylift, I do believe the preload spacer will give you more lift over their top hat spacer.

Then how is 2” achieved?

JBeckman

Reaction score
I know that the UCA just help angle, and add no lift value at all.
The preload measures 1.5" and the top hat is 1 1/8" +/-. If the preload isnt installed, how does the top hat create 2" of lift by itself being half that size in thickness. There has to be some crazy voodoo going on. Lol

Basically ive had my truck appart and back together a few times. Just havent done it in just a top hat configuration yet, and need some input before I dig back into it.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know that the UCA just help angle, and add no lift value at all.
The preload measures 1.5" and the top hat is 1 1/8" +/-. If the preload isnt installed, how does the top hat create 2" of lift by itself being half that size in thickness. There has to be some crazy voodoo going on. Lol

Basically ive had my truck appart and back together a few times. Just havent done it in just a top hat configuration yet, and need some input before I dig back into it.
It’s voodoo!!! Period

So, when lifting a vehicle you have to take in consideration the “Lift Ratio” or “Motion Ratio”. Which is the ratio of the distance from lower control arm pivot to shock/strut pivot : then shock/strut pivot to hub face. There are other factors like shock/strut angle that will affect this.

So that how a “1.125” spacer gets you to “2”. As far as the preload spacer goes, it’s over all height maybe 1.5” but the spring sits .25” in the part, effectively making it 1.25”. Yet it works using the same principles.

The numbers may not be right on but it all gets you to where you want to be. Hopefully that explains how voodoo works. I don’t want to sound ignorant but are there different Offeoad packages? The reason I ask is we’ve installed the complete kit on an OP equipt truck and came out the same a non OP. If you are concerned with over lifting or possibly damaging other components then just run the preload.

Let me ask, what’s the measurement you get if you measure from the center of the hub to the edge of the center of the fender?

bravo1

Reaction score
Tstevenson,great team of engineering there at Readylift.Talked for quite awhile about the design of the Readylift 39-1935,for the 2019 Ram 1500 DT.The production kit is just so far better than anything on the market.Great QA on kits coming from the factory.Welds look ready good, bend radius on both UCA look all even no heat distortion from welds at all.All machining looks consisted on Top hats with blueprint from CNC.Rubber insert's fit nice and tight, with no play at all.Sleeves fit tight as well.Great job,

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s voodoo!!! Period

So, when lifting a vehicle you have to take in consideration the “Lift Ratio” or “Motion Ratio”. Which is the ratio of the distance from lower control arm pivot to shock/strut pivot : then shock/strut pivot to hub face. There are other factors like shock/strut angle that will affect this.

So that how a “1.125” spacer gets you to “2”. As far as the preload spacer goes, it’s over all height maybe 1.5” but the spring sits .25” in the part, effectively making it 1.25”. Yet it works using the same principles.

The numbers may not be right on but it all gets you to where you want to be. Hopefully that explains how voodoo works. I don’t want to sound ignorant but are there different Offeoad packages? The reason I ask is we’ve installed the complete kit on an OP equipt truck and came out the same a non OP. If you are concerned with over lifting or possibly damaging other components then just run the preload.

Let me ask, what’s the measurement you get if you measure from the center of the hub to the edge of the center of the fender?

Makes sense once you consider the angles and do the math. Thanks for the explanation.

JBeckman

Reaction score
It’s voodoo!!! Period

Soo much witchcraft.. ! Lol I get what your saying and I'm sure there are various calculations that come into play as well. My next question is do you get more lift from just a preload spacer, or just a top hat spacer?

I went out and measured from the bottom of the fender lip to the center of my wheel. It came out to 23.625. That is with only the preload spacer installed.

I am only aware that there is only 1 ORP. But it seems a lot of members get different measurements.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Tstevenson,great team of engineering there at Readylift.Talked for quite awhile about the design of the Readylift 39-1935,for the 2019 Ram 1500 DT.The production kit is just so far better than anything on the market.Great QA on kits coming from the factory.Welds look ready good, bend radius on both UCA look all even no heat distortion from welds at all.All machining looks consisted on Top hats with blueprint from CNC.Rubber insert's fit nice and tight, with no play at all.Sleeves fit tight as well.Great job,

I completely agree. That's one of the reasons why I sent the RC kit back. Poor workmanship etc. Was very impressed with the RL kit. Complete welds, Thicker material etc.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
after I put on the ready lift, gas mileage seem to go down about 4 mph, does that seem right? hard to believe wind drift is that much

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Soo much witchcraft.. ! Lol I get what your saying and I'm sure there are various calculations that come into play as well. My next question is do you get more lift from just a preload spacer, or just a top hat spacer?

I went out and measured from the bottom of the fender lip to the center of my wheel. It came out to 23.625. That is with only the preload spacer installed.

I am only aware that there is only 1 ORP. But it seems a lot of members get different measurements.
Ok, I’ve noticed that is the case too. The few trucks we’ve measured they all seem to be within .25”.

When the 3.5” kit is installed it should measure 25.5”ish give or take .25”. I know it’s a pain but if you install the complete kit and you measure the center line of your wheel again. I’m confident the you will be within those specs.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Attachments

• A1DA318E-81BD-4D54-8DE4-E94774710C75.jpeg
    A1DA318E-81BD-4D54-8DE4-E94774710C75.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread