5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few ReadyLift questions

JBeckman

Reaction score
Ok, I’ve noticed that is the case too. The few trucks we’ve measured they all seem to be within .25”.

When the 3.5” kit is installed it should measure 25.5”ish give or take .25”. I know it’s a pain but if you install the complete kit and you measure the center line of your wheel again. I’m confident the you will be within those specs.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Ok. I'll give it another go and try to install with top hat.

25.5" +/- .25 will keep it withing specs for CV axle angle correct? Would that be the max measurement?

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ok. I'll give it another go and try to install with top hat.

25.5" +/- .25 will keep it withing specs for CV axle angle correct? Would that be the max measurement?
yes, that is the the correct ride height... while you have the strut out, measure the OAL from the top of the spacer to the center of the bottom pivot bolt hole.

Last edited:

JBeckman

Reaction score
Yes, that is the

yes, that is the the correct ride height... while you have the strut out, measure the OAL from the top of the spacer to the center of the bottom pivot bolt hole.

Just put it back in, but it measures 24.375" from top of tophat to center of bolt hole.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Now one thing I notice. With strut installed, but not torqued. Even with a jack under LCA, it wont compress at all. So the UCA and steering knuckle almost touch the coil. That will move out once the tire is on and on ground, correct?

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Now one thing I notice. With strut installed, but not torqued. Even with a jack under LCA, it wont compress at all. So the UCA and steering knuckle almost touch the coil. That will move out once the tire is on and on ground, correct?
Yes, that is correct. You need to remember to leave the control arm pivots loose until on the ground.
View attachment 10181
UCA BJ is not tight at all
Yes, that will move away on the ground

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ok completely installed and drove around the neighborhood to get it settled. Fender lip to center wheel is 25.75" ish.
Ok, that is about a .25” taller than mine but there’s a couple factors that may be in play. One being mileage...how many miles do you have on the truck? The other and most likely is alignment. Toe and chamber can cause the front of the truck to “grow” or rise giving you a “false” reading. Another, and often no thought about is pretty obvious... two different people measuring.

Get it aligned and check it again. I’m pretty confident that you’ll have zero issues.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Ok, that is about a .25” taller than mine but there’s a couple factors that may be in play. One being mileage...how many miles do you have on the truck? The other and most likely is alignment. Toe and chamber can cause the front of the truck to “grow” or rise giving you a “false” reading. Another, and often no thought about is pretty obvious... two different people measuring.

Get it aligned and check it again. I’m pretty confident that you’ll have zero issues.

I have just over 5k miles. So it's not even broke in yet. I will remeasure after alignment. I agree that it will settle a little once aligned.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I do now but not much bigger 275 65 20 but that didn't change anything, and i did the tires weeks after, pretty sure it was just the lift, I have the higher gears as well
The lift should affect mpg that much. FCA did put a lot of time into the affects of aerodynamics on mpg. I drove nearly 3000 miles with factory wheels and tires with negligible change in mileage.

Now when you change tire diameter this in turns changes your wheels speed vs actual speed. Since the computer uses fuel consumption, wheel speed, engine rpm and transmission output to calculate mpg your reading isn’t your actual MPG.

A 275/65r20 is a “34” tire and will more than change your wheel speed input.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I do now but not much bigger 275 65 20 but that didn't change anything, and i did the tires weeks after, pretty sure it was just the lift, I have the higher gears as well

I know back when I had my gen 4 ram, i put a 2.5" lift on it. Stock tires were around 32" or so. Afternlift I put on some 295's which are roughly 33". It did change my mpg. Not horrible tho. I think once you deviate from manufacturers stock size, even if you go 1 size bigger, it affects the mpg.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know back when I had my gen 4 ram, i put a 2.5" lift on it. Stock tires were around 32" or so. Afternlift I put on some 295's which are roughly 33". It did change my mpg. Not horrible tho. I think once you deviate from manufacturers stock size, even if you go 1 size bigger, it affects the mpg.
Unfortunately this is the price we pay lol

Users who are viewing this thread