5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few ReadyLift questions

Twoamen

Reaction score
I installed Readylift with upper control arm option. Went to 60 series tires, which are 1 inch taller then factory 55 series. No change in ride quality or gas milage. I get average 18.5 local driving. I also installed a AEM Dryflow lifetime air filter.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
I just went and looked. I have at least a inch or so room between the spindle and coil spring.

When you installed your kit, did you tighten the UCA and strut base bolt at full extension?

I noticed when I installed my kit, it did rub. But I loosely tightened said bolts, then drove around the block. To get the suspension to settle. Then crawled under it and torqued town strut bolt and UCA bolts through wheel well. With the tires on the ground.

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure how the bolt tightening sequence went as I had a shop install the kit for me. I'll go out and loosen the bolts that you did and see if I can get it to settle down a little more then tighten them back up. I'll let you know what I find out.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently installed the same Readylift kit on my truck.
I am having issues when I make hard left hand or right hand turns the spindle rubs up against the coil spring.
Do you happen to have any similar issues?
Do you happen to have the offroad package on your truck? If so, that is likely the issue. Rebels and trucks with the Offroad Package already have 1" of lift. Because of this, Readylift and Rough Country both advise against installing the full 3.5" kit on those trucks. If you don't have the Offroad Package, something has to be installed wrong because you should have way more clearance than that.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure how the bolt tightening sequence went as I had a shop install the kit for me. I'll go out and loosen the bolts that you did and see if I can get it to settle down a little more then tighten them back up. I'll let you know what I find out.
Well I did exactly what you had done and really didn't improve anything.

I did speak to the guys at Readylift and they think that they might have sent the wrong UCA for each side. We'll see!!

Magnum9999

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the offroad package on your truck? If so, that is likely the issue. Rebels and trucks with the Offroad Package already have 1" of lift. Because of this, Readylift and Rough Country both advise against installing the full 3.5" kit on those trucks. If you don't have the Offroad Package, something has to be installed wrong because you should have way more clearance than that.
I do have the ORP on my truck. Prior to ordering the lift I spoke to the guys at ReadyLift and they stated that if the height was more than 22” then I wouldn’t be able to use the kit. Mine was sitting at exactly 22” so they told me it would be fine. Well here we are now with a mess. Now they think that they sent the wrong UCA in the kit. Apparently there is one for the level kit and different one for the lifted kit.
I’m so done with this issue. About to take it off and sell it to someone that doesn’t have the ORP on their truck.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I do have the ORP on my truck. Prior to ordering the lift I spoke to the guys at ReadyLift and they stated that if the height was more than 22” then I wouldn’t be able to use the kit. Mine was sitting at exactly 22” so they told me it would be fine. Well here we are now with a mess. Now they think that they sent the wrong UCA in the kit. Apparently there is one for the level kit and different one for the lifted kit.
I’m so done with this issue. About to take it off and sell it to someone that doesn’t have the ORP on their truck.

I have the ORP on mine and did the same. Mine works great with the lift.
If they sent the wrong, will they compensate for the springs as well?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can only imagine how frustrating it is. However, I believe there is only one set of control arms and not different ones for the lift and level as the person at Readylift said. Even if there was, the only thing that would be different is the angle of the ball joint, which would not cause your issue. I will be able to tell for sure soon enough. At the moment I have on the 2" leveling kit with their upper control arms. I have the 3.5" kit sitting in my garage and will hopefully be installing it Sunday. I will look at them closely side by side when I do but I do not think there is a difference. They look identical from what I can see now.

I also spoke with Readylift when I ordered it seeing if I could just get the pieces I didn't have yet instead of the full kit. They would sell me individual components, but he did recommend selling the new upper control arms and top hat spacer to recoup some of my money. There was never any mention of having to swap the UCAs out.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
I’m not sure if they will do anything about the springs. If the replacement UCA resolve the problem then I’ll talk to them about those as well.

Bad part it’s been in the shop so many times. I have had to pay for the installation and alignment. Then back in for a alignment recheck due to the rubbing. Then ReadyLift wanted more pictures of the issue. Now next week we’ll go back in and have the other UCA installed. Oh and then do the alignment again.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
I can only imagine how frustrating it is. However, I believe there is only one set of control arms and not different ones for the lift and level as the person at Readylift said. Even if there was, the only thing that would be different is the angle of the ball joint, which would not cause your issue. I will be able to tell for sure soon enough. At the moment I have on the 2" leveling kit with their upper control arms. I have the 3.5" kit sitting in my garage and will hopefully be installing it Sunday. I will look at them closely side by side when I do but I do not think there is a difference. They look identical from what I can see now.

I also spoke with Readylift when I ordered it seeing if I could just get the pieces I didn't have yet instead of the full kit. They would sell me individual components, but he did recommend selling the new upper control arms and top hat spacer to recoup some of my money. There was never any mention of having to swap the UCAs out.
Well I hope you have better luck than I’ve had. The only difference I could think of is that maybe the UCA for the so called lifted kit might be a little longer than what’s on there now. That really would be the only way to solve the issue. Thenyou would adjust the camber back to spec with the LCA.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I’m not sure if they will do anything about the springs. If the replacement UCA resolve the problem then I’ll talk to them about those as well.

Bad part it’s been in the shop so many times. I have had to pay for the installation and alignment. Then back in for a alignment recheck due to the rubbing. Then ReadyLift wanted more pictures of the issue. Now next week we’ll go back in and have the other UCA installed. Oh and then do the alignment again.
I would talk with them and explain everything. Their customer service is excellent. Hopefully they will work with you on some of the added expenses to help compensate. Def keep us in the loop on the outcome.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
I would talk with them and explain everything. Their customer service is excellent. Hopefully they will work with you on some of the added expenses to help compensate. Def keep us in the loop on the outcome.
Will do. Hopefully the new UCA’s fix the issue.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I hope you have better luck than I’ve had. The only difference I could think of is that maybe the UCA for the so called lifted kit might be a little longer than what’s on there now. That really would be the only way to solve the issue. Thenyou would adjust the camber back to spec with the LCA.
It could be, it is hard to compare with the wheels on. I will take a hard look at it since I am doing the install myself. Is it possible the shop installed the left control arm on the right and right on the left? Maybe put the driver side strut on the passenger side and passenger on the driver side? Something just doesn't add up. Either way, I hope you find out what the issue is and are able to get it resolved.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
It could be, it is hard to compare with the wheels on. I will take a hard look at it since I am doing the install myself. Is it possible the shop installed the left control arm on the right and right on the left? Maybe put the driver side strut on the passenger side and passenger on the driver side? Something just doesn't add up. Either way, I hope you find out what the issue is and are able to get it resolved.
I thought the same thing that maybe the shop mixed up left and right but it’s correct. There really isn’t any rubbing until you crank the wheels all the way to the left or right.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I thought the same thing that maybe the shop mixed up left and right but it’s correct. There really isn’t any rubbing until you crank the wheels all the way to the left or right.

It is possible they put on backwards. I believe the arms are supposed to have a plug in the side of 1 of the tubes. The plug is to be to the rear. If the plug is on the front, they are on the wrong side.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
Both plugs are pointed towards the rear of the truck. I’ll just have to wait until the replacement UCA’s come in. Also it’s almost as if the truck has to much lift in the front. The truck sits level and the measurements are the same at all wheel positions. Started at 22” at the front and 24” at the rear. All positions are at 26” now. While looking at the truck it looks as if the front wheels sit a little bit further in to the wheel well.

Magnum9999

Reaction score
Well I don’t have that issue yet. Haven’t even made it that far. Have you figured anything out on this issue yet?
Well I take that back. I just went out and looked at my truck again and I have the same issue. Do you have the ORP on your truck as well? Also are you using the Rough Country kit or the ReadyLift kit? 0A643090-B5F8-4AC2-9572-39E7771A82C0.jpeg EBDD0F68-3226-4FAE-B947-7351D7AF0F67.jpeg 32153674-6C2B-4D60-9D5F-AB6563C9E630.jpeg 976A787D-CC8D-4751-B020-C08B40D3A32D.jpeg

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either way, this has me second guessing putting this kit on. I will pay close attention to everything if I go through with it.

Last edited:

Magnum9999

Reaction score
That is from another member's post in another thread, but yes he has the offroad package as well. Pretty sure the offroad package is the reason for both of your troubles.[/
That is from another member's post in another thread, but yes he has the offroad package as well. Pretty sure the offroad package is the reason for both of your troubles.
I’m thinking you are correct. Which means I really didn’t have to go with a 3.5 inch Readylift kit. Even know Readylift said it would work. Now to figure out how to get my money back or sell it to someone who doesn’t have the ORP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online