5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

Vulpes

Reaction score
The TSB makes a world of difference. There's literally no temp difference now with my hack opened or closed. Just sucks that you have to pay for it. Maybe try to get a good will repair from ramcares since it’s a design flaw and not just a failed part.
I was going to work on this myself, but just noticed in the TSB, the evaporator core gets replaced, and I don't have recovery equipment. I'll check with some local shops first, then if I get desperate, might try Ramcares and a dealership, (which I'm not excited about). But for now with hot weather and no need for a heater, I'll just leave the hack valve closed.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My opinion won't be popular, but with 2024s starting in less than a week, people are talking about 5 model year old trucks. Why didn't you take them in 2 years ago, when they were under warranty? It was acceptable til now? If the truck was in for a complaint about it, while still under warranty, then maybe you could use that, for a good will repair, since the problem was there. But why would anyone expect any corporation to fix anything for free, 2 years after a warranty expires?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My opinion won't be popular, but with 2024s starting in less than a week, people are talking about 5 model year old trucks. Why didn't you take them in 2 years ago, when they were under warranty? It was acceptable til now? If the truck was in for a complaint about it, while still under warranty, then maybe you could use that, for a good will repair, since the problem was there. But why would anyone expect any corporation to fix anything for free, 2 years after a warranty expires?
In my case, I bought the truck used during winter. Didn’t know how bad the AC would suck until about June. By then the TSB was out. So I made sure to get it done before the 3 yr 36k warranty was up. Others may have bought theirs with no factory warranty. Hard to say.

And I think that’s one of the reasons the original owners got rid of it. I’d have never known since I bought from a dealer. If it wasn’t for this forum it would have gotten traded again

BowDown

Reaction score
Using the TSB, the dealer will follow the procedure to change out your HVAC housing to a new design, in which the heater core air doesn’t mix with the evap core air. Here is the TSB for you to reference. Not sure how much they charge, but I think it is over $1000 iirc.

Current TSB is 24-013-21, they've changed more parts, my invoice lists the current parts.
Looks like they've changed the HVAC controller to because mine now operates differently. eTork doesn't engage as frequently or at all with AC on and now the fan speed drops when a text message comes through uconnect

1687535628481.png

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Current TSB is 24-013-21, they've changed more parts, my invoice lists the current parts.
Looks like they've changed the HVAC controller to because mine now operates differently. eTork doesn't engage as frequently or at all with AC on and now the fan speed drops when a text message comes through uconnect

View attachment 164048
Oh nice. Does someone have a copy of this TSB?

6of36

Reaction score

BowDown

Reaction score

There is the number.

That's the old late 2020 early 2021 TSB. The current TSB is 24-013-21

Edit, here it is, wasn't listed a couple weeks ago but is now
This bulletin supersedes Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 24-001-20, date of issue November 25, 2020, which should be removed from your files. All revisions are highlighted with **asterisks** and include part number change.

24-013-21 RAM Technical Service Bulletin

And this one is already has part supercededs in it. This TSB calls for heater case 68396071AC and distribution case service kit 68396073AB, mine got a newer heater case 68396071AD and distribution case service kit 68396073AC

Parts total doesn't seem to be more than about $200, not nearly as bad as I thought. Labor is where they get you if you're out of warranty

Attachments

• 346.pdf
    700.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

And this one is already has part supercededs in it. This TSB calls for heater case 68396071AC and distribution case service kit 68396073AB, mine got a newer heater case 68396071AD and distribution case service kit 68396073AC
Thanks. I’ll save it for later in case someone needs it

6of36

Reaction score

I just entered a/c TSB, in the search bar, and that came up. Didn't realize there was more than 1.

BowDown

Reaction score
I just entered a/c TSB, in the search bar, and that came up. Didn't realize there was more than 1.

I didn't either till I saw my invoice with a different TSB number. I've been curious as to what the updates were
There's 95 pages of TSB :oops:
Looks like there's only two for the AC. Seems like you already have to have an idea of the TSB number, that's sites search isn't very helpful

1690641535562.png

6of36

Reaction score
I didn't either till I saw my invoice with a different TSB number. I've been curious as to what the updates were
There's 95 pages of TSB :oops:
Looks like there's only two for the AC. Seems like you already have to have an idea of the TSB number, that's sites search isn't very helpful

View attachment 164057
I did the search bar here, not the internet. I just stopped at the first posting I saw TSB for air.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
My air conditioning started to lose performance. I received a UConnect update, as we were driving, the AC got very warm, stopped blowing and then started cooling but didn’t seem to be as cool as before nor the volume of air as strong. I also noticed when I set the AC to AUTO, the fan speed highest setting is 5 or 6. I can change it to 7 but then the AUTO is disabled. I took it to the dealer in Reno and they said there is nothing wrong. I have another appointment for SoCal when I get back this week. The recirculating door also doesn’t always actuate. I pulled the cabin filter and blew it out, it was a bit dirty and the truck is 9 months old and 10,000 miles. I ordered a new Bosch filter which is supposed to arrive today and I’ll replace it for our drive back to SoCal. The temperature out of the center vents was around 50 degrees in recirculating mode. The cabin still takes an extremely long time to cool down.
Just picked up the truck from the dealer. They found the blend door actuator was out of calibration. They recalibrated and also vacuumed system, pulling .51 kg, di vacuum test, no leaks and refilled with Freon and added dye. Will check the performance and report back.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just picked up the truck from the dealer. They found the blend door actuator was out of calibration. They recalibrated and also vacuumed system, pulling .51 kg, di vacuum test, no leaks and refilled with Freon and added dye. Will check the performance and report back.
Good luck

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
The temperature of the air coming out of the center front vents is about 43 to 45 degrees. The problem is the volume of air. On auto, the fan indicates it’s on speed 6 of 7. When I put the system on Max AC, the fan indicates speed 7. The airflow is like medium on other cars and there is very little air coming out of the rear center console vent. The back seat area remains extremely hot. I’m currently in Reno and the temperature is 80s to 100 and the car can’t maintain a comfortable cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread