5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The temperature of the air coming out of the center front vents is about 43 to 45 degrees. The problem is the volume of air. On auto, the fan indicates it’s on speed 6 of 7. When I put the system on Max AC, the fan indicates speed 7. The airflow is like medium on other cars and there is very little air coming out of the rear center console vent. The back seat area remains extremely hot. I’m currently in Reno and the temperature is 80s to 100 and the car can’t maintain a comfortable cabin.
Take out the cabin filter and see what that does.

llando88

Reaction score
I'll keep monitoring the system and will let ya'll know if I see anything significant. But at the moment, I am glad to have the new filter. Even if it just results in more air flow through the system, it was money well spent.
Just posting back 2 months later. I'm still glad I put the K&N cabin filter in. The truck is cooling better, perhaps mostly due to the increased air volume, but better. Both my wife and I noticed it independently. I'd say this moved me into the "acceptable" category for A/C performance, that I don't have any current plans to install the hack.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
Dealer said it was the filter. I used a Bosch hepa filter. They put the oem in and it does blow a little stronger

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
While he has the window open, and he has a beard, so it doesn't fit tight to his face.
Doesn’t matter. The appearance of compliance is all they are worried about. The neck gator I wore during the scamdemic just to not be harassed by store employees while shopping was so thin you could see my mouth through it. But I was “following the rules” and “slowing the spread” so everyone was happy. 🙄

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Dealer said it was the filter. I used a Bosch hepa filter. They put the oem in and it does blow a little stronger
i work for a company that manufactures cancer medication in ISO clean rooms. WE use hepa filters. no need to for that in a truck, would need a much bigger fan to get same results as other folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online