5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

turkeybird56

Reaction score
IMHO the Harbor Freight clamps are the best non TSB solution. Easy on off and I move them a bit once during the season so the hose doesn't get damaged. Been running that way for 2 years. I have no interest in a dealer doing such an invasive repair with all the associated risk. When I trade it or take it for service, the clamp comes off.
YUP, I got my $4.99 clamp in truck. Even with the TSB done, I do not think the AC will do well in August when temps hit 110. At that point, clamp go on for a while, if I still have the truck.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I want the TSB while I’m under warranty. My truck should work like it supposed to.
JUST beware of all that is done and watch out for the problem I am having that I described after TSB done ref Remote Start, AC not engaging when used from last setting. MAKE sure U check that is U get TSB done.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
JUST beware of all that is done and watch out for the problem I am having that I described after TSB done ref Remote Start, AC not engaging when used from last setting. MAKE sure U check that is U get TSB done.
I definitely will make sure remote start climate is working after. Guess the only way to tell if the TSB was done is to check the temps on the left side of the radio?

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I definitely will make sure remote start climate is working after. Guess the only way to tell if the TSB was done is to check the temps on the left side of the radio?
You'll know the difference. My center stack right side went from 54-57 to 46-51. The big thing was the remote start climate not working. THAT really makes me upset and awaiting Dealer to take in truck to "fix"/STAR case.

garrett419

Reaction score
I had the TSB done my '20. I wonder if they missed something, they only had the truck about 6 hours (they also worked on seat [couldn't fix it], checked the brakes ["Didn't want to throw parts at it"] - not fixed, fixed door latch, updated transmission, and updated backup sensor). That seems like a lot in less than a day compared to what others have stated about the time required for just the AC TSB. The air coming out of the vents on a 92* day is about 57 on both sides, though there may be a bit more airflow than before. I just dropped it off at the dealer this morning to take another crack at those things. The service manager came out of his office and berated me for giving them a negative response on the survey (effects his pay, makes him look bad etc etc). Sorry to vent (pun intended), just not happy with my first Ram and the service that comes with it.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I had the TSB done my '20. I wonder if they missed something, they only had the truck about 6 hours (they also worked on seat [couldn't fix it], checked the brakes ["Didn't want to throw parts at it"] - not fixed, fixed door latch, updated transmission, and updated backup sensor). That seems like a lot in less than a day compared to what others have stated about the time required for just the AC TSB. The air coming out of the vents on a 92* day is about 57 on both sides, though there may be a bit more airflow than before. I just dropped it off at the dealer this morning to take another crack at those things. The service manager came out of his office and berated me for giving them a negative response on the survey (effects his pay, makes him look bad etc etc). Sorry to vent (pun intended), just not happy with my first Ram and the service that comes with it.
See my post 1065 ref remote start and make sure U get that checked. HECK, check it yerself and see if works as anticipated.

PostPremium

Reaction score
The service manager came out of his office and berated me for giving them a negative response on the survey (effects his pay, makes him look bad etc etc).
Wow! Sounds like he earned that negative review. I'd dock him again for this fact alone. "They fixed the problem, but berated me in the process."

davel

Reaction score
As I posted
Wow! Sounds like he earned that negative review. I'd dock him again for this fact alone. "They fixed the problem, but berated me in the process."
a couple months ago I had the TSB done at my local dealer and it took 8 hours. The results are impressive. I live in the Phoenix area and the temps are well over 100 everyday and the cab is very comfortable. They replaced all the parts that go with the TSB and did a very good job of re-installing the dash. I have a Limited so it has the big screen and leather dash. So far no complaints. If they said the preformed the TSB and you are not getting cold air from the vents something is wrong.

garrett419

Reaction score
Update: They called and said the AC is not working as it should, maybe they received a bad part. They ordered the parts to do the TSB again. Fingers crossed..

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Update: They called and said the AC is not working as it should, maybe they received a bad part. They ordered the parts to do the TSB again. Fingers crossed..
THERE R specific parts for specific trim/set ups., ie., single/dual zone/gas/diesel. I guess it is possible they had incorrect parts.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Hey guys...Vegas Rebel owner here. I supposedly had the TSB done earlier this year. I can definitely tell a difference in temperature of the air coming from the vents (especially on the 100+ degree days) when compared to how it used to be, I just don't get a large volume of air after the truck has been sitting in the heat all day. However, when I get in my truck in the early morning it blows hard and very cold. Anyone else notice this? I don't remember if the truck always had crappy blower performance, but it seems very odd that it blows hard in the morning, but like crap after it's baked all day.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's threads like these that make me glad I leased this time.....otherwise a perfect truck.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So it looks like the TSB makes the blower worse? It already isnt very strong when compared to other vehicles i've owned.

ac1dd

Reaction score
Like I mentioned before SOME of these stores are NOT actually performing the TSB according to the manufacture's instructions! They are LYING to the customer and the manufacturer, I doubt the dealer garrett took his truck to actually got a "bad part" the truth is they probably didn't do the job at all. The fact that the SM came out basically barking at him proves it to me,
that guy should be FIRED.

@Garrett you should speak to the dealer owner or principal and tell them about how the SM handled your situation, it is 1000% UNacceptable and outrageous.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
As I posted

a couple months ago I had the TSB done at my local dealer and it took 8 hours. The results are impressive. I live in the Phoenix area and the temps are well over 100 everyday and the cab is very comfortable. They replaced all the parts that go with the TSB and did a very good job of re-installing the dash. I have a Limited so it has the big screen and leather dash. So far no complaints. If they said the preformed the TSB and you are not getting cold air from the vents something is wrong.
I'm here in phx too. What dealer did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread