5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit of a balance problem !

Sdrydgh

Reaction score
He's good as long as the bumper isn't touching

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I wonder how many yards is in there. 2-3? 2500 pounds for each yard plus the trailer weight. Maybe 9000-9500 pounds total? I wonder how much of it was on the tongue.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is more like 4-5 cy based on what I see. It was probably just a tad over the rated load. But if I was a betting man, I’d say the “accident” happened when the loader was dumping into the trailer. Possibly shock-loaded the trailer, or maybe even rested his bucket in the pile while turning it over. If that’s the case, then the truck/trailer was taking a massive load for a bit.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is more like 4-5 cy based on what I see. It was probably just a tad over the rated load. But if I was a betting man, I’d say the “accident” happened when the loader was dumping into the trailer. Possibly shock-loaded the trailer, or maybe even rested his bucket in the pile while turning it over. If that’s the case, then the truck/trailer was taking a massive load for a bit.

I'm with you on the 4-5 cy estimate.
The operators I've seen in my area usually dump from pretty high up, but tend to go slow. However, the weight stacks up crazy quick.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know places around where I live won’t rent a dump trailer to you unless you have at least 3/4 ton truck.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is no way this could happen. Weight capacities are a joke. Just there to cover the lawyers. 1500 trucks have way more capacity than the 7100GVWR...that is just some stupid number. Tongue weight of 1200lb limit is just to keep people from hauling it on a hitch carrier.

No way this could happen. A meteorite had to have fallen from the sky.

jkm312

Reaction score
Anyway you slice or dice it, one of those three in the picture is going to be responsible for the idiot tax that will have to be paid on that bone headed move. What a shame, it was a nice truck.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Steering will be light, probably on the bump stops. Hopefully they aired up the tires, safety first and all

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
That is why I put TimberGroves on mine, lol

Last edited:

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tongue weight of 1200lb limit is just to keep people from hauling it on a hitch carrier.

1/2 tons are getting close to maxing out the 2” Class IV receivers rated capacity of 1,400 lbs.

If 1500 tow ratings keep increasing they will need to start installing 2.5” Class V receivers

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/