5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Uconnect Restarting out of Nothing

RMS

Reaction score
The Uconnect with Android auto works as a charm. However, mine has got a series of issues.

Sometimes the unit restarts out of nothing right after starting the engine. Sometimes it happens 3-4 times in a row over the first two minutes.
Sometimes it seems to trigger the restarts when I connect my cell phone with Android auto.

The other day the screen suddenly got blacked out.

Once, the volume stopped working.

I still need to take it to the dealer, but I'm wondering if anybody experienced anything similar?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I was hooking up my trailer last night, the rear view camera went really weird, flickering lines and I couldn’t even make out if the trailer was behind me. I shut off the truck and tried it again and everything was was back to normal. First time i have ever seen that in five years.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, that was on my 2013 Laramie :rolleyes::rolleyes:

limited_19

Reaction score
Yep mine randomly reboots too, and when it reboots it clears all my presets.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WOW, the way it sounded on this forum was that we 12" owners had all issues. We are seeing more and more 8.4" issues crop up

RMS

Reaction score
Stayed a few days without connecting my cell phone to it, and it didn't restarted. Yesterday, finally connected and it restarted right away.
But it does also restarts without connecting the phone, just less often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/