5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

lonestar19

Reaction score
Hello everyone Man great info on the radio swaps. I have the 8.4 Non Nav in my 1500 and a while back when people were thinking about the radio swap I decided to purchase a 8.4 with Nav was hesititen back then to buy the 12" wish I did now. So I went with the 8.4 Nav and also purchased the module. So with the Alfaobd can the android version be used or does it have to be the laptop version for the programing changes. thanks

spaniel43

Reaction score
Hello everyone Man great info on the radio swaps. I have the 8.4 Non Nav in my 1500 and a while back when people were thinking about the radio swap I decided to purchase a 8.4 with Nav was hesititen back then to buy the 12" wish I did now. So I went with the 8.4 Nav and also purchased the module. So with the Alfaobd can the android version be used or does it have to be the laptop version for the programing changes. thanks
I used Android, worked perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ochoa1801

Reaction score

Please let me know how go the installation 8.4 nav thanks

blinkSS

Reaction score
Will the swap work going from a 5" w/ Sirius and single zone temp control to a 12"? Tried looking through the post but couldn't find an answer on the 5" with single zone temp control. 2019 Rebel

Ram41313

Reaction score
Will the swap work going from a 5" w/ Sirius and single zone temp control to a 12"? Tried looking through the post but couldn't find an answer on the 5" with single zone temp control. 2019 Rebel
Jimmy?

Heath420

Reaction score
The first thing is when I connect I don’t get the option to select my2016-17 powernet, it automatically goes DT my2019 powernet var.3

Heath420

Reaction score
image.jpg
For some reason I can’t get the second pull down to enable or disable

Ochoa1801

Reaction score

Do you have news

Heath420

Reaction score
So I finally figured it out, there was a patch for it that the guy sent me, took 5 mins once that was fixed

Heath420

Reaction score
The issue was the second pull down that has enable or disable was not visible, emailed alfaobd and he sent me the fix...I had posted that with a pic above but I apologize for not clarifying in success post

lmattus

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to download the nav updates for a 12" nav? , I believe they are asking for VIN to be able to download it
by the way Thanks Jimmy 07 for all your help

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to download the nav updates for a 12" nav? , I believe they are asking for VIN to be able to download it
by the way Thanks Jimmy 07 for all your help
Why do you want to update your radio? Is there any problems with it? If not, Don't update it.

lmattus

Reaction score
Why do you want to update your radio? Is there any problems with it? If not, Don't update it.
no problems at all , thought the navigation maps could be but taking your advice then , thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread