5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bmyers3327

Reaction score
Recently connected to a camper with 7 pin. Lights and brakes all function as they should but no 12v power from the truck. I've researched fuses and the F01 30amp pink fuse under the dash is installed. Other threads say to check the F30 location under the hood. There is no fuse in f30 and it appears there is no connection to that slot. The identification label states SPARE. Has anyone figured out how to get 12v power to the bumper receptacle? 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7L

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Recently connected to a camper with 7 pin. Lights and brakes all function as they should but no 12v power from the truck. I've researched fuses and the F01 30amp pink fuse under the dash is installed. Other threads say to check the F30 location under the hood. There is no fuse in f30 and it appears there is no connection to that slot. The identification label states SPARE. Has anyone figured out how to get 12v power to the bumper receptacle? 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7L
Try fuse #1 of the inside fuse box. It is listed as trailer tow receptacle, which sound like power to me.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Start by pulling that fuse. Check for power to one side and then swap out the fuse with one of the spares. You should have some spares in the underhood. Check out the image in this thread. Pink 30A spare near the fuse puller tool.

If it's still dead, it's time to unplug the harness from the back of the 7 pin and check power there. It's common that they aren't seated fully. If it's dead, too, then you're going to have to trace wires.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
If you're confident the fuses are good then start checking wires from the 7 pin connector. I've had a problem with a trailer I was towing where the it was a poor connection. I had to pinch the terminals a little for a better contact
1000001694.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread