5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6th Gen Wish List

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
15 years ago, could you have seen consumer preference trending towards $70k trucks with opulent interiors?

Things(technology AND consumer preferences) change, often rapidly.
Def not could have foreseen that. Just not a fan of the current tidal wave of enthusiasm/legislation to address a problem that I don't accept as a problem requiring upending everything...
No matter, it has nothing to do with a current 1500 RAM so I will drop it.
I wish AOL all the best in whatever achievements she and Bernie want to do to the universe.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
- An e-locker that will stay locked up to 40 mph in all drive modes (not just 4LO).
That would sure be nice.
I purposely avoided the elock partially due to the lower speed drop out provision. I recognize that it is a better traction aid than the clutch based antispin and has better longevity as well.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Seems to be lots of confusion around this issue. You can turn off both the rear automatic braking and the auto parking break in unconnected. In my truck you can also disable the rear sensors with the toggle switch. You can manually release the parking break to move with your seatbelt off but I don't believe you can override the system that prevents you from using reverse with the door open.
Correct. I know it's no huge deal to manually override each instance, would be nice to just shut it off totally.

SzaboTx

Reaction score
1. Full rear window roll down!!!!! (Like Tundra)
2. No leaks...for the love, why cant they stop this?!?!?!
3. Wireless Android Auto
4. Better wireless phone charger

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I would like to limit MDS by speed, for example, it can't activate until above 40 mph. It does not bother me at all on the highway but drives me nuts between 30 - 40 when it drones and lugs.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
  • GME T6
  • ≥300# weight loss across the board
  • Ability to auto fold mirrors via the key fob (my past three vehicles all did this)
  • Ability to configure auto-comfort settings in UC
  • 6' short bed
  • Optional >33 gallon tank
  • Hybrid powertrain a la PowerBoost
  • Bed power options a la 2021 F-150
  • Higher quality Ramboxes
  • I6 diesel with 300hp/500tq
There are some things I'm pretty sure come with UC5 like a HUD that I'm not listing.

Last edited:

Quint

Reaction score
I would love an "fuel saver" mode in cruise control. That means that as I drive down the road, I can set the cruise at 65mph but set a parameter that it can slow down by 5 or 10mph (whatever I choose) when going up a hill. When I'm driving with my foot on the pedal, I don't give it more gas just to maintain my speed going up a hill. It would be nice if the truck didn't downshift into 6th gear just to stay at 65mph when I would be fine if it slowed 5-10mph for that short period.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I would love an "fuel saver" mode in cruise control. That means that as I drive down the road, I can set the cruise at 65mph but set a parameter that it can slow down by 5 or 10mph (whatever I choose) when going up a hill. When I'm driving with my foot on the pedal, I don't give it more gas just to maintain my speed going up a hill. It would be nice if the truck didn't downshift into 6th gear just to stay at 65mph when I would be fine if it slowed 5-10mph for that short period.
Sort of like a throttle lock on a motorcycle.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
..my father-in-law does that ****.. makes him a royal pain in the *** to follow anywhere. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BigBen

Reaction score
The ability to roll down the windows with the key FOB. That's the main thing I miss about my Silverado in the summer

Stop separating push start from passive entry just to sell a higher trim truck.

Move the 12v outlet from the top of the dash to pretty much anywhere else.

Make the brackets for the Multifunction tailgate integrated into the bed, much lower profile, or at the very least move them down slightly to allow for unobstructed low profile tonneau cover installation

ldoh

Reaction score
1) replace the long in the tooth, thirsty hemi
2) add an EV pickup option or fall on sword

Quint

Reaction score
I absolutely want an electric truck someday. I hope that I don't have to buy an ugly Tesla just to get it.

Another wish item, put a button on the driver door to change the side mirrors in reverse. 50% of the time I want them to tilt down but other times such as backing up to my garage or a trailer, I want to see straight back. Why does this have to be a setting in UConnect - essentially making me go all-or-nothing?

Quint

Reaction score
..my father-in-law does that ****.. makes him a royal pain in the *** to follow anywhere. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I don't do that when cars are behind me, unless I don't like the person. How is your relationship with your FIL? 😁

Going up little hills, I don't think most people increase the throttle. The truck slows down 2-3 mph and then gets back to speed on the other side of the hill. However, in cruise control is downshifts.

Users who are viewing this thread