5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" Rough Country lift installed!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on having a 6" lift installed and went with Rough Country. After researching for a while, I found a lot of people who talked negatively about RC, but no one actually had any real-world experience with it, just talked it down due to the price being lower. I am here to say that going from just a leveling kit (Bils 5100s) to this kit, I notice very little to no difference in ride quality. Maybe just a SLIGHT more stiff/firm feel, but that's to be expected with any lift. Specs are below - let me know what you think.

RC 6" lift, wheels are 20x9 with 0 offset, tires are Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5x20.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 158
U

User_119824

My honest opinion? I think it looks good. I thought about doing this to my truck but didn't want to go with big tires as I drive a lot and road noise is a deal killer. Plus I don't offroad. It looks good on your truck though.

As for Rough Country, I also hear the people talking...but all the offroad shops near me stock their stuff and say it is a great value for the money. Some people immediately correlate cheaper to less quality and that's not always the case. If you're happy then that's what matters most.

Maybe you could let us know if you do happen to have any issues, though I'm hoping you won't. Enjoy!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My honest opinion? I think it looks good. I thought about doing this to my truck but didn't want to go with big tires as I drive a lot and road noise is a deal killer. Plus I don't offroad. It looks good on your truck though.

As for Rough Country, I also hear the people talking...but all the offroad shops near me stock their stuff and say it is a great value for the money. Some people immediately correlate cheaper to less quality and that's not always the case. If you're happy then that's what matters most.

Maybe you could let us know if you do happen to have any issues, though I'm hoping you won't. Enjoy!
I don't offroad either - I wanted the lift strictly for looks. As for road noise, the Ridge Grapplers produce very little to no noticeable road noise in my opinion, that was a big factor for me too.

I'll keep the post updated if I do encounter any issues with the kit.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Looks good! Nothing really wrong with Rough Country these days. Go back 10 or 15 years ago and it was a different story. One of my local shops used to keep a pile of broken rough country parts in the corner and if you saw that you wouldn't have wanted RC at that time.

They have made a turnaround though. One of the most meticulous people I know put a 7" RC on his Duramax AT4.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well done, sir👍
For your intended use, RC lifts are fine. Definitely not made to Baja with, but serves its purpose, and RC has come a long way in the quality department. The reviews remain mixed, but if I was to go higher, RC is at the top of the list because of price. Enjoy it…it looks sick! 🤘

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! 👍

ma25624

Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on having a 6" lift installed and went with Rough Country. After researching for a while, I found a lot of people who talked negatively about RC, but no one actually had any real-world experience with it, just talked it down due to the price being lower. I am here to say that going from just a leveling kit (Bils 5100s) to this kit, I notice very little to no difference in ride quality. Maybe just a SLIGHT more stiff/firm feel, but that's to be expected with any lift. Specs are below - let me know what you think.

RC 6" lift, wheels are 20x9 with 0 offset, tires are Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5x20.

I did the same lift and also add the RC upper control arms. I have been pleased.
Both look great!! Do you either of you notice that the truck leans to the right after the lift? (When facing the front of the truck)

John89

Reaction score
Both look great!! Do you either of you notice that the truck leans to the right after the lift? (When facing the front of the truck)
Do you mean the right side if you’re facing the truck? If so, the gas tanks is on the drivers side so it would naturally lean that way especially with a full tank. But if you mean it’s leaning towards the passengers side, then, that’s a bit odd.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks great. Only thing I would change would maybe be some wheel spacers. I like it when they stick out a little on tall trucks

Users who are viewing this thread