5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" Pro Comp Lift on 37's

cheme1985

Reaction score
I just got my truck back yesterday from having the 6" Pro Comp lift installed. 2019 Laramie 5.7 4x4. I've been on the fence since I bought the truck last June about lifting it, but Imelda pushed me over the edge.

I love the way it looks and the ride quality was better than I thought. No trimming of the plastic to fit. Clears lock to lock just fine. I wanted the tucked look so I went with as little negative offset as the lift allowed for.

I read a lot about people saying you must have the larger gear ratio for tires this big, but I have 3.21 gears and I don't find it hunting between 7th and 8th gear really at all, but Houston is pretty flat for what it's worth.

The wheels are the Fuel Assault 20x9 +1 offset 5" backspace on 37x12.50r20 Pro Comp tires.

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 6 Lift.jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 6 Lift.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 450

Toothninja

Reaction score
Looks great!! I wouldn’t change a thing!

what is the ground to fender height? Did you gain about 7 1/2-8 inches total with the lift and tires?!?

cheme1985

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn’t measure clearance before the lift so I can’t swear to exactly how much extra was gained.

If the lift gives a true 6” gained over the stock suspension and my stock tires were 32” then I gained an extra 2.5” in height going to 37’s for a total of 8.5” extra height.

I can measure the ground to fender heights when I get home later and report back.

clazer

Reaction score
Rad!!! Really like the near zero offset... kinda jealous now. Also very interested in the fender height front and back straight through the wheel hubs

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my truck back yesterday from having the 6" Pro Comp lift installed. 2019 Laramie 5.7 4x4. I've been on the fence since I bought the truck last June about lifting it, but Imelda pushed me over the edge.

I love the way it looks and the ride quality was better than I thought. No trimming of the plastic to fit. Clears lock to lock just fine. I wanted the tucked look so I went with as little negative offset as the lift allowed for.

I read a lot about people saying you must have the larger gear ratio for tires this big, but I have 3.21 gears and I don't find it hunting between 7th and 8th gear really at all, but Houston is pretty flat for what it's worth.

The wheels are the Fuel Assault 20x9 +1 offset 5" backspace on 37x12.50r20 Pro Comp tires.
One of the best on here!

RamSco

Reaction score

Looks awesome. Nice choices!

Tex_Ram

Reaction score

Sexy! Where'd you get it done at? I'm in Houston and Imelda is the reason I have yet another new Ram and am calling everywhere without much luck getting a 2020 lifted.. What I get for trying to live in the future lol

Attachments

• photo_2019-09-19_16-35-36.jpg
    photo_2019-09-19_16-35-36.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 135
  • photo_2019-09-19_16-02-14.jpg
    photo_2019-09-19_16-02-14.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 132

Helmetface

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn’t measure clearance before the lift so I can’t swear to exactly how much extra was gained.

If the lift gives a true 6” gained over the stock suspension and my stock tires were 32” then I gained an extra 2.5” in height going to 37’s for a total of 8.5” extra height.

I can measure the ground to fender heights when I get home later and report back.
What kind of mileage you getting?

cheme1985

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments!

bummer on your truck getting flooded. I’ve been lucky so far. No flooding during either Harvey or Imelda. Knock on wood.

i had it done at 4 wheel parts on south loop. I dropped it Monday morning when they opened and picked it up Wednesday evening.

I’m getting around 14-14.5 mpg and I’m not easy on the gas pedal.

Now I’ve gotta figure out what I’m going to do with the exhaust.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score

bummer on your truck getting flooded. I’ve been lucky so far. No flooding during either Harvey or Imelda. Knock on wood.

i had it done at 4 wheel parts on south loop. I dropped it Monday morning when they opened and picked it up Wednesday evening.

Cool Cool, I have a 2020 and 4WP won't do it yet because the lifts arent DOT approved :mad:

clazer

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing the electric cutouts. Basically a mullet for your truck. Business up front, party in the back.

cheme1985

Reaction score
I can’t believe they aren’t DOT approved yet! No major changes to the truck or the lift kit.

well my local muffler shop had a sale on magnaflow. $100 installed so I got a 14” and left the resonators in.

Last edited:

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
I can’t believe they aren’t DOT approved yet! No major changes to the truck or the lift kit.

well my local muffler shop had a sale on magnaflow. $100 installed so I got a 14” and left the resonators in.
Is that a price for anyone? If so where is your muffler shop?? What part of town are you in.

RamSco

Reaction score

I did the Flowmaster American Thunder cat back which is 3” back to 4” black tips. Sound is awesome. As loud or quiet as I want dependent on throttle pressure.

cheme1985

Reaction score
Is that a price for anyone? If so where is your muffler shop?? What part of town are you in.

Aces Performance Exhaust on Fairmont in Pasadena. I work in that neck of town so I ran over and they knocked it out over lunch. In and out in about an hour. That's the cash price installed with tax as of yesterday. I'm not sure how long that special is running for them. They actually cut the stock muffler off and then placed several different options on to let me listen. Granted it wasn't hooked up to the resonator, but I appreciated hearing a few different types.

Users who are viewing this thread