5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Generation misunderstanding into a trivia thread. When you know, you know

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty easy. 6 lugs...it's a 5th Gen. 5 lugs it is just a classic 4th Gen.

That said. Hood badge, bumpers, tailgate, grille headlights, brake lights, emblems.

VIN number...ah...you get the point.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are lots of ways to tell, but devildodge nailed the easiest way to tell at a glance.
Or maybe you can't even get a 2021 Limited in anything but a 5th gen? Classic is only Tradesman, Express, and Warlock.

He's spammed the forums this morning with a ton of extremely basic, easy to answer questions that would be found in the manual with maybe 2 minutes of looking.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or maybe you can't even get a 2021 Limited in anything but a 5th gen? Classic is only Tradesman, Express, and Warlock.

He's spammed the forums this morning with a ton of extremely basic, easy to answer questions that would be found in the manual with maybe 2 minutes of looking.
You guys are brutal. Why the hate, this isn't a Honda Civic forum :ROFLMAO: You're right that you can't get a 2021 Limited Classic. And there are lots of ways to tell whether it's a DS or DT. But I don't think you need to be rude to new members just because they are unfamiliar with these trucks. I would suggest that new members spend some time looking around. Maybe use the search function.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let's lighten this up.

There is a rare, one-of-a-kind Mopar (unintentionally) at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. It is not a Turbine car.

What is it and how did it get there?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053003 miles.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let's lighten this up.

There is a rare, one-of-a-kind Mopar (unintentionally) at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. It is not a Turbine car.

What is it and how did it get there?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053003 miles.
For the Win:
'56 Norseman, sank with the Andrea Doria.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are brutal. Why the hate, this isn't a Honda Civic forum :ROFLMAO: You're right that you can't get a 2021 Limited Classic. And there are lots of ways to tell whether it's a DS or DT. But I don't think you need to be rude to new members just because they are unfamiliar with these trucks. I would suggest that new members spend some time looking around. Maybe use the search function.
Well someone came in and deleted posts so it makes him look better. He was rude to start off with for no reason other than reading comprehension. The question was answered within 2 minutes of asking without any fluff, and he came in hot insulting people.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the Win:
'56 Norseman, sank with the Andrea Doria.
Correct! The Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria sunk on 25 July 1956 after colliding with the Swedish liner Stockholm off the coast of Nantucket. On board was a design model made in Italy for Chrysler, the Chrysler Norseman. Intended to be the 1957 show car, many design cues would later be used. Of the 1,706 passengers, 46 died from the collision. The accident remains the worst maritime loss of life in US waters.

Best regards,
Dusty

Attachments

• Chrysler Norseman2.jpg
    Chrysler Norseman2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Chrysler Norseman3.jpg
    Chrysler Norseman3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 19

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The guy was rude, that is why they called for a lock. Had little to do with his question.

His comments were deleted.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well someone came in and deleted posts so it makes him look better. He was rude to start off with for no reason other than reading comprehension. The question was answered within 2 minutes of asking without any fluff, and he came in hot insulting people.
The guy was rude, that is why they called for a lock. Had little to do with his question.

His comments were deleted.
Guess they were deleted before I could see them. Sorry guys.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well. I learned something today.

New guy comes asks a question.

He does not understand about signature lines.

Basically reads that he is a nimwit.

It was explained the 2 moved on.

I deleted the inflammatory posts.

But yet others keep coming back to it.

We have people ask this question quite often.

I actually answered this question 5 times in the last week.

We beg people to use the search function. No one does.

I think it will be ok.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guess they were deleted before I could see them. Sorry guys.
Do not worry they were deleted before the posts you replied to where posted also.

Just like he thought he was getting name called.

It is a big scary world. I think this misunderstanding can be overcome.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
"We beg people to use the search function. No one does."

Needs to be a banner on every new thread...
I think it's from using Siri too much instead of getting off your azz and looking it up.
Although if she'd ever bring me a cold beer, then it would be ok.

Quint

Reaction score
Correct! The Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria sunk on 25 July 1956 after colliding with the Swedish liner Stockholm off the coast of Nantucket. On board was a design model made in Italy for Chrysler, the Chrysler Norseman. Intended to be the 1957 show car, many design cues would later be used. Of the 1,706 passengers, 46 died from the collision. The accident remains the worst maritime loss of life in US waters.

Best regards,
Dusty
Extra credit question: Name the 1990s sitcom where one of the main characters competed against an Andrea Doria survivor to win the pity of a tenant association so he can get a new apartment.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I'm, uh, H.E. Pennypacker. I'm a wealthy industrialist and philanthropist and, uh, a bicyclist. Yes, I'm looking for a place where I can settle down with my, uh, peculiar habits, and, uh, the women that I frequent with
Hahaha! My wife calls Seinfeld "my friends" because I know all the lines! Growing up in NYC metro that show is just like home :D

Users who are viewing this thread