5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Towing - reducing sway and sag

i had core 4 x 4 front and rear control arms and sway bars on my JT. Their products are by far superior to basically everyone else on the market in my opinion. They helped some with the alignment numbers on my gladiator, but certainly did not make a noticeable difference in the field of how it drove.

That being said… though for your purpose I don’t think it’s a necessary expense. It seems like the ram is similar to the gladiator in that anything over 2 inches requires a very little bit of correction. And 2 1/2 inches or more requires more. So for your build, I would not encourage you to spend the extra money on adjustable or fixed front or rear sway bars and I would just stick to the Mopar kit pieces you’ve already gotten. 🤙

Is this on a lift or just sitting on their own weight!? Those coils look oem how they sit.

I just tonight got my truck back from the dealer and put my swaybar at the highest setting. It feels infinitely better with the lift provided by the 893HD springs in the rear. If I do the XHD springs I will probably go for the 1 inch rear sway bar.

That’s on its own Weight. I wish I had a lift but the coils are so easy to swap out. Especially after doing it a couple times. I just lift one side a little. Disconnect sway bar link and then raise it until the tire comes off the ground. It takes a little finagling but with some brute strength you can get it to slide over the perch.

The XHD’s I had to also remove the lower shock bolt to get the axle to drop another half inch or so as they aren’t as easy to compress.

Did you do aftermarket sway bar links to account for the difference in height?

Did you do aftermarket sway bar links to account for the difference in height?

I didn’t. I was actually surprised to not see longer sway bar links on the parts list of the mopar lift. Which ones are you using?

Sounds like people really like the hellwig adjustable links but I’m going to do the +1 inch or +2 inch core 4x4 links. I’m waiting until I level the front out though in case it changes any of my other measurements.

I’m assuming that by leveling out the front will transfer some weight back to the rear possibly?

I tried my best to measure my the difference with axle offset/alignment but it’s really hard to tell. Since the rear is lifted 1 3/4” I am seeing that the axles is offset towards the passenger side ever so slightly. Maybe 1/8” difference side to side.

I am going to watch some videos to see how the best way to check rear alignment after a lift to see if there is a more successful way of verifying.

My parts come in today for the track bar relocation kit.

Got my parts today but missing the spacer. 68426828aa

Waiting for a response from BAM to see if it shipped separately.

I ended up with a lot of extra bolts and nuts as when I ordered I thought is was per item.

Also only need the small bolts with flange if doing the rear bump pad riser. Part number: 06507078AA. (I’m not so I didn’t need to order. Opps)

image.jpg

If you decide to do this relo bracket too you only need the following highlighted. 1 each.

IMG_1981.jpeg

I tried my best to measure my the difference with axle offset/alignment but it’s really hard to tell. Since the rear is lifted 1 3/4” I am seeing that the axles is offset towards the passenger side ever so slightly. Maybe 1/8” difference side to side.

I am going to watch some videos to see how the best way to check rear alignment after a lift to see if there is a more successful way of verifying.

My parts come in today for the track bar relocation kit.
1/8 isn’t really enough to make a difference IMO, but its a pita to measure for sure. I went through this same process with my last two jeeps after lifting them. Spent a mess of money on adjustable track bars before really knowing what i actually needed. But you could always throw that bracket on and see of it over corrects it or dieals it in perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back