5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Stock Stereo Upgrade Options?

Reaction score
you need at least the anc bypass (or cut the wires to bypass the anc), and a line output converter. You won’t find something exactly like what net audio has on Amazon, since he designed and makes those custom for the Ram, but if you know what you’re doing, you can diy it a little cheaper.
I ordered the

and havent beena ble to install yet. I cut the "speaker wires" on the ANC module. came back to look for speaker wire colors so can can tap in at ANC and not at the B pillar.

Reaction score
ok, so that one I linked would do exactly what you need. you plug it in to the ANC module, and it gives you a signal out to your subwoofer amp, using the LOC that’s included
I went to a stereo shop to purchase items and they talked me into just doing a line output converter. They acted like i was a moron when i talked about the ANC bypass. Sooo, I bought the line output converter (i posted a link...its a kicker 2 channel). But, I also went ahead and removed the pins from the ANC that the bypass takes out. So now i need the speaker wire colors at the ANC so i can tap in for the line output converter. Hoping to find them on here but if you know where to find the diagram please do respond with it. thank you!

Reaction score
I found a lot of different information on here and on google. But still nothing confirming speaker wire color from ANC. Anyone know so i don't have to remove all the trim and carpets again? I pre ran wires to connect at the ANC under dash 2022 base system. thx

RichInMN

Reaction score
I found a lot of different information on here and on google. But still nothing confirming speaker wire color from ANC. Anyone know so i don't have to remove all the trim and carpets again? I pre ran wires to connect at the ANC under dash 2022 base system. thx
I've got you covered @BluesBlackRam2500

Attachments

• wiring.pdf
    518.4 KB · Views: 35

RichInMN

Reaction score
THX! so if i cut the ANC positive "speaker" wires already, my options are to get a bypass harness just to use the speaker outs, or just to tie in to the speaker wire outs of the ANC. any input?
My recommendation is to tie in to the ANC speaker input side (from the head unit), not the outputs - this is how the harnesses like the PAC APH-CH01 that I used in my system work... although with the mics disconnected it's probably a very similar signal coming out of the ANC.

And to get in front of the next question - many/most of us tap internal fuse box #66 for remote 12v turn-on. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My recommendation is to tie in to the ANC speaker input side (from the head unit), not the outputs - this is how the harnesses like the PAC APH-CH01 that I used in my system work... although with the mics disconnected it's probably a very similar signal coming out of the ANC.

And to get in front of the next question - many/most of us tap internal fuse box #66 for remote 12v turn-on. Good luck!
The line our converter says and "confirmed" on youtube it gets sensing voltage on the speaker wires to turn on the remote out wire it has. It also has a ground... So 4+- wires and Remote and ground. we will see. No access till monday. thx!

Reaction score
nothing is working. Even jumping power to remote wire input gives no sound. And through cutting wires ive lost Rear Right speaker. I'm ready to buy the bypass connector. it was said to not buy the amazon version. do you know what i need?
thx smh

RichInMN

Reaction score
nothing is working. Even jumping power to remote wire input gives no sound. And through cutting wires ive lost Rear Right speaker. I'm ready to buy the bypass connector. it was said to not buy the amazon version. do you know what i need?
thx smh
There are mixed reports that the head unit needs to sense a load otherwise it will shut off the channel. Some folks bought resistors for this purpose, also some of the harnesses have resistors built in. Many LOCs and DSPs, including the DSP I used also present a load for this reason. That could be it, idk 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, I used the PAC APH-CH01 harness, well worth it IMO.

Reaction score
There are mixed reports that the head unit needs to sense a load otherwise it will shut off the channel. Some folks bought resistors for this purpose, also some of the harnesses have resistors built in. Many LOCs and DSPs, including the DSP I used also present a load for this reason. That could be it, idk 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, I used the PAC APH-CH01 harness, well worth it IMO.
i used the bypass and a audiocontrol lc7i with the 8.4. non amplified you don't need resistors as far as the factory amped go's i can't comment. i also used a kicker key loc it was okay but i ended up going with a fosgate dsr1 and the anc bypass and the recommended maestro T harness IMO it's the way to go. i have a 4 channel and a mono amp i just ordered a down4sound JP95 5 channel to do it all with 1 amp. it's alot of power u don't have to use it all you can keep the gains low have plenty of headroom and CLEAN power.
at 18 in long and 7.5 high it's actually pretty small for what it is the pic makes it look huge.....

Reaction score
someone else posted to NOT buy the amazon one because it would not work on my 2022
I ordered it. Will see if it works. Cant figure out why my right rear speaker isn't working. All my connections appear to be solid. I did get some bass out of the sub finally. had to turn the gain way up.

Reaction score
I ordered it. Will see if it works. Cant figure out why my right rear speaker isn't working. All my connections appear to be solid. I did get some bass out of the sub finally. had to turn the gain way up.
do you have a factory amp as in the alpine or hardon system? supposedly it only works on non amplified.
i ordered the pac but they sent a cheaper version so i kinda got jacked but it still worked fine. they sent this. WHATEVER AMAZON U SUCK.
i imagine the wires are not as good as in not real AWG and yes that is a thing.
even cheaper CHINA but still would have worked

Reaction score
do you have a factory amp as in the alpine or hardon system? supposedly it only works on non amplified.
i ordered the pac but they sent a cheaper version so i kinda got jacked but it still worked fine. they sent this. WHATEVER AMAZON U SUCK.
i imagine the wires are not as good as in not real AWG and yes that is a thing.
even cheaper CHINA but still would have worked
i have a base model tradesman package. No Amp, sub, bells, or whistles. so hopefully it will work

BigBuss54

Reaction score
i have a base model tradesman package. No Amp, sub, bells, or whistles. so hopefully it will work
I’m attempting the same thing. I bought that bypass harness so I didn’t have to tap into my factory wires. The amp I installed is turning on and everything. Speakers are working. But I’m getting a buzzing sound through all the speakers. I can’t figure out why this is happening.

Reaction score
I’m attempting the same thing. I bought that bypass harness so I didn’t have to tap into my factory wires. The amp I installed is turning on and everything. Speakers are working. But I’m getting a buzzing sound through all the speakers. I can’t figure out why this is happening.
what year do you have? thats what the bypass is supposed to eliminate. It should have left out the mic wires. did you get a ANC bypass or just an amp hookup? I got my amp to work but still no RR speaker. ohm tested the connection and its good. Waiting on the anc bypass before i do any more trouble shooting.

BigBuss54

Reaction score
what year do you have? thats what the bypass is supposed to eliminate. It should have left out the mic wires. did you get a ANC bypass or just an amp hookup? I got my amp to work but still no RR speaker. ohm tested the connection and its good. Waiting on the anc bypass before i do any more trouble shooting.
I got the anc bypass. I’m using that because I didn’t want to tap into my factory wires.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
i used the bypass and a audiocontrol lc7i with the 8.4. non amplified you don't need resistors as far as the factory amped go's i can't comment. i also used a kicker key loc it was okay but i ended up going with a fosgate dsr1 and the anc bypass and the recommended maestro T harness IMO it's the way to go. i have a 4 channel and a mono amp i just ordered a down4sound JP95 5 channel to do it all with 1 amp. it's alot of power u don't have to use it all you can keep the gains low have plenty of headroom and CLEAN power.
at 18 in long and 7.5 high it's actually pretty small for what it is the pic makes it look huge.....
rockford DSR1 and idatalink harness is the key on these trucks. the sq is amazing and the noise floor is zero.

Users who are viewing this thread