5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Do they make these for the 5th Gen (2021 Longhorn Limited Edition with the Offroad Package) 2500s with the Cummins?
I know the turbo intake and cooler are down under there but don't know if they're in the way or not.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
I would be contacting vice for re-imbursement
Contacted vice. They offered to send me a new one. I emailed them back saying I really didn’t know if it was better to wait for a new one shipped from Canada or go get a hole drilled and then I didn’t hear back from them.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Flden33037

Reaction score
Have you looked at the new WARN VR EVO? not the powerhouse the ZEON is, but its definitely up to the task! Ive had one for a month now and am happy with how its all put together. Easy to clock, the clutch handle has a detent built in so you can feel when its engaged, has an IP68 waterproof rating, comes prespooled, and comes with a wireless controller. I also have a clutch relocation kit for these as well. Its a nice package definitely worth considering.

Link: https://www.warn.com/vr-evo-12-s-103255

Any chance you can make a clutch relocation for a warn VR?

Redfour5

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing with my active air dam but its most likely coming out anyways when its all said and done.

No issues with my parking sensors. I was careful to make sure I put them back in the same orientation that they were when I took them out. I'll see if I can get under the truck in the next few days and snap a pic of how they are aligned.
"I wondered the same thing with my active air dam but its most likely coming out anyways when its all said and done."

I'm figuring I will let nature start the process of removal when out on sketchy national forest roads. They will last as long as they last.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I did another post requesting info as most of the threads seem to "assume" information many of us might not know or even know to ask. Sort of a Vice Design 101 from gee that looks interesting, now what does it entail and why would I want any of the accessories like the clutch relocation and/or control relocation.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I did another post requesting info as most of the threads seem to "assume" information many of us might not know or even know to ask. Sort of a Vice Design 101 from gee that looks interesting, now what does it entail and why would I want any of the accessories like the clutch relocation and/or control relocation.
Only 14 days old but ask and you shall receive... This video addresses my questions, but any feedback welcomed.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I didn't pay too much attention, but I figured about 125 lbs for winch and bumper. So about 60 for the bumper and 125 for the Smittybilt X20 winch.
There goes some more of my payload... Do you get anything back from what OEM you have to take off?

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Winch Mount Weighs in at 65lbs, The Warn VR EVO 12-s weighs in at 67lbs. Much lighter than any replacement bumper!

kliffy77

Reaction score
Any news on TRX winch mounts?

Last edited:

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
These look amazing I love them.

I'm looking for an option to get a winch mount, tow hooks, or a receiver hitch on the front of my truck - had to take off factory hooks to put on my Westin grille guard.. any idea if this winch tray is compatible? It's a Westin sportsman X on my 2020 1500 Tradesman

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
I still want one for an Ecodiesel :(
Yea same here. I wonder how far down the intercooler sticks..might be able to get a shorter one that is thicker. I’ll be checking it out when I get my truck in a couple weeks

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
If I end up adding a winch this is exactly what I will do, thanks for proving it out, great job. Only thing I would change is cut that hook off and install a Factor 55 flatlink or ultrahook, cleans things up even more.

6535b37b47cc63ce692369ef39e89440.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Took some time but did get the Factor 55 components installed. The fit was tight, but came out looking factory. Thanks for the idea!
PXL_20220211_182710913~2.jpg PXL_20220211_182736218~2.jpg

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
I got my truck finally and took a look underneath the bumper to see where this intercooler is and yea.. it is right in the way. Now the good news is that it seems to be smaller than I thought as I am pretty sure it is mounted under the bumper support. So...depending on how much room there is you could maybe run a slightly thinner but bigger core in front of the radiator if you are dead set on getting a hidden winch. I am honestly surprised that they would just shove this down there as there really is jack all for protection (for the off roaders).

1644634132162.png

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This truck isn’t a dakar racer or super swamper, so not really sure what’s being expected of the ecodiesel intercooler placement.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Looks good. I like how you reused the factory lower mess grill instead of that crappy looking one Vice supplies.
Thanks! It took a lot of work to be able to reuse it. Had to cut the fairlead support arms from the Vice kit about an inch and then weld them back on. After that I powder coated everything again as when it was shipped to me the coating was removed in several spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/