5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrayRam20

Reaction score
5th Gen Winch Mounts in stock but I know that wont last so I'm always building more!
Warn VR EVO 10-s and 12-s winches are also back in stock!

Its been about a year since I released this product and I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting our small shop, your feedback, helping eachother with the installations, and for coming up with unique ways to finish off each installation. I hope these have come in handy or gotten you out of a jam. They look badass on your trucks.

We have a new website so go poke around a bit. I also fixed some broken links on the original post.
www.vicedesign.ca

I have a customer with a 2020 Rebel with our hidden winch kit, coming in a few weeks for a full replacement winch bumper so Ill post up when Im happy with a design.

Appreciate you guys eh!
This looks awesome, ill def be ordering a while set up with the led lights and relocations. do you guys supply wiring and switch for the leds?

Bigcountry

Reaction score
I ordered a Square control box enclosure and extended the cables. On the right side of engine compartment just behind the airbox is an area you can bolt the box, no drilling/ modification needed to mount the box. The clutch control is just below bumper passenger side parking sensor under the front bumper. if you are bottomed out you can run the winch out with electric. And/or still reach the clutch from the Front passenger wheel well. I also ordered the factory fairlead that comes stock on the 2019-2020 power wagons.
Hey man looking at ordering wires from vice. I’m installing my box near yours. What length cable would you recommend?

zane8000

Reaction score
Does this kit work with the ecoDiesel now? i no longer see the disclaimer on the website.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Note: This system is not compatible with vehicles equipped with the new ECO-Diesel Engine at this time."

still there at the bottom of the page

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is on the DT page.

2019RamChuck

Reaction score
Got my tow hooks and mount installed yesterday, and wired it up today! Overall I love it. Definitely would have been easier with another pair of hands, but the floor jack made up for it.

Did anyone else have any issue with getting to the nut behind the pillar on the bumper mounting plate? (Top inner location on plate)

Bumper Off - Vice Winch Mount Install.jpg
That took some time.....and some choice words. Thanks Vice Design for an awesome product!

Installed: Hidden Mount, Non-Rebel, Smittybilt X20 Clutch Relocation Kit, Smittybilt X20 Control Box Relocation Kit.
Vice Design Control Relocation Switch Installed.jpg
Vice Design Hidden Winch Mount & Smittybilt X20 Winch Installed.jpg

U

User_21239

Got my tow hooks and mount installed yesterday, and wired it up today! Overall I love it. Definitely would have been easier with another pair of hands, but the floor jack made up for it.

Did anyone else have any issue with getting to the nut behind the pillar on the bumper mounting plate? (Top inner location on plate)

View attachment 80184
That took some time.....and some choice words. Thanks Vice Design for an awesome product!

Installed: Hidden Mount, Non-Rebel, Smittybilt X20 Clutch Relocation Kit, Smittybilt X20 Control Box Relocation Kit.
View attachment 80186
View attachment 80187
Very Nice! I just finished the same setup. Yes that inner bumper nut is almost impossible to reinstall. Had to use a tiny ratchet and a piece of bent pipe. Install went well, except I think I broke the active air dam.

Did you have any issues with the parking sensors? Mine are triggered now even with nothing in front of the truck.

2019RamChuck

Reaction score
Very Nice! I just finished the same setup. Yes that inner bumper nut is almost impossible to reinstall. Had to use a tiny ratchet and a piece of bent pipe. Install went well, except I think I broke the active air dam.

Did you have any issues with the parking sensors? Mine are triggered now even with nothing in front of the truck.
I wondered the same thing with my active air dam but its most likely coming out anyways when its all said and done.

No issues with my parking sensors. I was careful to make sure I put them back in the same orientation that they were when I took them out. I'll see if I can get under the truck in the next few days and snap a pic of how they are aligned.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Check on the clocking of the sensors they do have a pattern that depends on it.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
I went to prep my winch mount for the install and it looks like the mounting plate is missing a hole. Any one else have this issue?
1613187030192.jpeg

kbraunphoto

Reaction score
catching up on this thread:
Anyone know off hand the weight of this off hand?
[i don't see it posted on the website]

U

User_21239

I wondered the same thing with my active air dam but its most likely coming out anyways when its all said and done.

No issues with my parking sensors. I was careful to make sure I put them back in the same orientation that they were when I took them out. I'll see if I can get under the truck in the next few days and snap a pic of how they are aligned.
Thank you!

U

User_21239

Check on the clocking of the sensors they do have a pattern that depends on it.
Thank you, I will check into that. I recall inserting them how I thought they came out, then I reversed them according to the install video from Vice. -- Hopefully thats it.

U

User_21239

catching up on this thread:
Anyone know off hand the weight of this off hand?
[i don't see it posted on the website]
I didn't pay too much attention, but I figured about 125 lbs for winch and bumper. So about 60 for the bumper and 125 for the Smittybilt X20 winch.

Users who are viewing this thread