5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen DRL's - What's up?

Reaction score
trying to decide between the alpha and tazer... not Sure I need to be so far into the programming as to warrant the alpha. I’m a plug and play kinda guy... seems the tazer might be a little easier ? Another note, anyone have any photos of their drl’s with the turn signals as their running lights. I tried to take a photo of my truck with the flashers on... would it look like this with the LED strip on the bottom on... ?
Did you ever find an answer and solution? I'm interested in doing the same. Thx.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Here’s a few pics of my Limited with the amber as DRL’s.

sig lights are set to no
Drl drop yes
Drl location turn signals
And the menu feature worked to turn on with my Canadian truck as well which is cool.
So with the truck in park with no lights on it’s dark (no lights). Put it in drive ambers on. Switch to parking lights amber and lower signature on. Switch to full lights amber off and both upper and lower signature on with headlights. Also, the dogs can turn on without the headlights on in parking light mode.

2EF13A01-8613-44E5-950D-8AE178A9E9F3.jpeg E49C9D7C-078C-4528-A5F1-28CD76CE927B.jpeg 01BB9E78-7C84-4911-8221-BEDCE9BF7CBA.jpeg C04AAB6F-210E-4071-9AF9-BE3AE24D7122.jpeg
Sorry about the crappy photos, my assistant wasn’t available! 🙃

RickWaz

Reaction score
Are your fog lights acting as DRLs as well? It appears that way in the photo. I’m wanting to set our turn signals and fog lights together as the DRLs. Do you remember the settings you changed to make this happen? I’m using Alfaobd.
I'm using the Tazer DT to use the Amber turn signals as DRLs and the Tazer DT also to have the Fog Lights illuminate, regardless if the headlights (low or high beam) are on/off.

Reaction score
Hi All - curious, has anyone tried using Tazer or AlfaOBD on a 2022? I have a 22 Backcountry, Level 2 Equip, Premium lighting, Technology Pkg, 8.4" info w/Nav coming soon and this is one of the things that first caught my eye. Would love to use the amber turn-signal LED's as DRL's, etc. Is the 22 the same as 2019-2021 since UC5 is involved now?

zendesigner

Reaction score

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s the boards. A few people have. But you have to cut your light in half to install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi All - curious, has anyone tried using Tazer or AlfaOBD on a 2022? I have a 22 Backcountry, Level 2 Equip, Premium lighting, Technology Pkg, 8.4" info w/Nav coming soon and this is one of the things that first caught my eye. Would love to use the amber turn-signal LED's as DRL's, etc. Is the 22 the same as 2019-2021 since UC5 is involved now?
I used the Tazer on my 22 to turn the ambers on, so yes, it is still the same

zendesigner

Reaction score
It’s the boards. A few people have. But you have to cut your light in half to install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah saw that , the video's in the links i gave show how also. Remember it's 225 degrees fahrenheit, not Celcius :cool:
Just wanted tp know if the aftermarkets then can reach the brightness of audi or mercedes for example

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Oracle will do the work for you if you send in your lights. I accidentally deleted the email response with my quote and something came up so I had to push it out quite a ways now :( I want to say it would cost more to ship both ways then the labor quote was, and at the time I was ok with that since I know I will melt the house if I tried :D

zendesigner

Reaction score
Oracle will do the work for you if you send in your lights. I accidentally deleted the email response with my quote and something came up so I had to push it out quite a ways now :( I want to say it would cost more to ship both ways then the labor quote was, and at the time I was ok with that since I know I will melt the house if I tried :D
as I'm In Europe it probably would even tripple, and hten have to deal with another 21% VAT on it =-)

Hackmunch

Reaction score
when you convert to drl as amber do they still work as turn signals?

Beckster

Reaction score
Yes...2022 1500 Night Addition EcoDiesel

I'll get a pic tomorrow

RupsRam1500

Reaction score
I have the 2021 bighorn with LED package. I got the AMBER lights to come on with the AlfaOBD. Any way I can get the whites to go off? And then is there anyway to get the Amber DRL to stay on even when the lowbeams/Highbeams are on?

Last edited:

Flicker925

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a 21 big horn with halogen lights. I have alpha… setup i have now has lasift switchback led turn signals…. I want to run the parking light as my DRL (white instead of amber) seems like this function only hold the turn signal Brightness as the DRL. Anyone had any experience with this?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, have a 21 big horn with halogen lights. I have alpha… setup i have now has lasift switchback led turn signals…. I want to run the parking light as my DRL (white instead of amber) seems like this function only hold the turn signal Brightness as the DRL. Anyone had any experience with this?
It can't be done. The truck's turn signal DRL circuit isn't wired that way.
Alfa can't change it.

I tried it too. I have the halogens with the switchbacks too.

The white only comes on with your main head lights.

David_D

Reaction score
First, you need an OBD2 reader (mine is a cheap OBD2 reader that I bought off Amazon over 6 years ago but works fine with Alfaobd). You also need a security gateway bypass. I bought mine from Amazon also. Next you need either an Android phone/tablet or a Windows based PC to install Alfaobd on as it doesn't support IOS.
Is there a way to change the HALO to Amber via the utility ?

Users who are viewing this thread