5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Inch to 8.4 Inch Upgrade

pparker74

Reaction score
I have an 8.4 with Nav that I took out of my 1500 that I will part ith

I have a 4C Nav that I pulled from my 1500 when I upgraded to 12C that would work for you.

Got tired of trying to figure out what radio to buy, so I got the one from infotainment.com. I got it on the 4th of July sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
$1450 shipped CONUS or can meet for pickup in Central Florida. Does not have heated seats or steering wheel, but does have dual climate zones

Attachments

• 20200705_140430.jpg
    20200705_140430.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20200705_140708.jpg
    20200705_140708.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 81
  • 20200705_140538.jpg
    20200705_140538.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200705_140615.jpg
    20200705_140615.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 72

cyrusd

Reaction score
Got tired of trying to figure out what radio to buy, so I got the one from infotainment.com. I got it on the 4th of July sale.

Did you get yours yet? Infotainment is telling me they're on back order :(

pparker74

Reaction score
Did you get yours yet? Infotainment is telling me they're on back order :(

No, I’m so pissed they forgot to mention that it was out of stock when I placed my order. I ordered on 7/1 called on 7/14 to find out what’s going on, of course they don’t know when it will be in. They don’t return email or phone calls. I’ll never do business with them again. I’m doing some research now to see if I can piece this together on my own so I can cancel the order.

cyrusd

Reaction score
No, I’m so pissed they forgot to mention that it was out of stock when I placed my order. I ordered on 7/1 called on 7/14 to find out what’s going on, of course they don’t know when it will be in. They don’t return email or phone calls. I’ll never do business with them again. I’m doing some research now to see if I can piece this together on my own so I can cancel the order.

I got shipping for mine on Monday afternoon!! It should arrive tomorrow.
Maybe yours should arrive any day now?

pparker74

Reaction score
I got shipping for mine on Monday afternoon!! It should arrive tomorrow.
Maybe yours should arrive any day now?

Good to hear. What radio did you buy, for which truck model? The setup I got is for a Classic. I originally posted in the wrong forum.

cyrusd

Reaction score
I got this one for 2019 RAM 1500

It arrived today, took about an hour to install. There's a bracket from the old one that wouldn't fit on the new one. I looked at the instructions and turns out I don't need it. hah.
Took me a good 15 minutes of messing with it and taking apart and put back together before I looked at instructions to realize that.

Cjl_43

Reaction score
For anyone who ordered the instrument bezel with part number 5YU433XLAD, can you include a pic of the top area by the 12v outlet and mat/storage slot? I am trying to replace the one in my Laramie and looking for a part that fits the 8.4 no nav screen but plain black, or something other than the woodgrain.

pparker74

Reaction score

It arrived today, took about an hour to install. There's a bracket from the old one that wouldn't fit on the new one. I looked at the instructions and turns out I don't need it. hah.
Took me a good 15 minutes of messing with it and taking apart and put back together before I looked at instructions to realize that.

Glad you got yours, I’m still waiting!

1dan88

Reaction score
I also rewrote the vin:3C63RRGL0KG673383 from this machine to find out the desired number from this BEZEL. INSTRUMENT PANEL. Starting at 5YU if anyone has the opportunity to find out this number please help
Did you ever figure out the correct part number with the split hazard/traction control button?
I can’t find the part number anywhere

5RAMNW

Reaction score

How are you liking it so far? Got pics?

pparker74

Reaction score
Glad you got yours, I’m still waiting!

Update. I never did receive my unit, I canceled it yesterday. I ordered everything separately I saved about 600 bucks.

Bababooey600

Reaction score
Update. I never did receive my unit, I canceled it yesterday. I ordered everything separately I saved about 600 bucks.

I figured it could be pieced together much cheaper, any specific sites you used?

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Someone was able to connect 8.4 nav. I've been watching the infotainment videos. And you need an adapter that converts the climate control signal, which is a single wire, to double wire. This would connect climate control and climate control screen. Has anyone been successful at this?

Users who are viewing this thread