5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4WD overheating message

LethalHemii

Reaction score
There was a good amount of snow fall today and I decided it would be fun to go do some “burnouts” as the snow will just protect the tires and it will be a good time. What I did weren’t even burnouts I just turned off traction control, put it on 2wd and hit the gas didn’t even hit brakes . The truck was spinning and sounded amazing with the borla I got on but after I got a message saying 4wd system overheating performance temporarily reduced. I was on 2wd with traction off and there was enough snow to make sure I wasn’t spinning on pavement. Any reason due to this or is it just a safety message. A lot of my friends do way worse with their trucks and do burnouts on plain pavement but they didn’t seem to have any issues so any reason this might have happened ?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There was a good amount of snow fall today and I decided it would be fun to go do some “burnouts” as the snow will just protect the tires and it will be a good time. What I did weren’t even burnouts I just turned off traction control, put it on 2wd and hit the gas didn’t even hit brakes . The truck was spinning and sounded amazing with the borla I got on but after I got a message saying 4wd system overheating performance temporarily reduced. I was on 2wd with traction off and there was enough snow to make sure I wasn’t spinning on pavement. Any reason due to this or is it just a safety message. A lot of my friends do way worse with their trucks and do burnouts on plain pavement but they didn’t seem to have any issues so any reason this might have happened ?
Why the double post?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Burning out your traction control system. It's still on in 2wd, and the button does not disable it completely.
You can disable it in 4hi by holding the button down and getting to the second state which can't be triggered in 2hi, but even that I'm not sure if it's disabled.
I think I read it's a clutch based system so you might of fried them.
Can't really screw around with modern vehicles without damaging them due to all the safety features stuck on unless you delete or disable them properly.

I believe you can pull a fuse to disable the system and Tazer DT can do it. My i3 claims it can do it, but not sure if that's just the first state and not fully off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If there was snow, put it in 4-hi doable traction control fully the way dark steel explained, and have fun that way. It's better than just doing RWD.

Users who are viewing this thread