5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 holes in the Bumper

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 3/8" Hillman's are to small and don't fit tight while the 1/2" are too large.

My solution was to insert the 3/8" plugs in the hole then, from behind the bumper, I spread the clips out to make them hold tight. They cover the holes completely and fit tight.

Cost: 1.08 x 4 at Lowe's.
Big spender!

egnarp

Reaction score
I just got home from work so my truck is dirty, but here's what they look like. My color is billet silver so I just painted the plugs to match prior to installing them.

Attachments

• front bumper.jpg
    front bumper.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 77

ScottW19

Reaction score
The 3/8" Hillman's are to small and don't fit tight while the 1/2" are too large.

My solution was to insert the 3/8" plugs in the hole then, from behind the bumper, I spread the clips out to make them hold tight. They cover the holes completely and fit tight.

Cost: 1.08 x 4 at Lowe's.
Did mine today. Thank you

NortheastRebel19

Reaction score
I just picked up my new truck and it came with 4 -3/8” holes in the front bumper from the factory to mount the front license plate.

The problem, I live in a state that doesn’t Require front plates.

I am upset and will be Calling Ram because none of their advertisements show these holes.

I didn’t pay extra to have painted bumpers so they could drill holes in them.

Other than that I really like the truck.
I wished I had your problem.

Mandatory to have front licence plate in my state.

Users who are viewing this thread