5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Corner Air Suspension and Level?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Hi, can you share your impressions, how you like it the ride whit the new links, if there is any changes? . Thanks
I'll speak. I installed links a few weeks ago. Def rides firmer/rougher, even in Aero. Looks better though.

19 streak

Reaction score
Hi, can you share your impressions, how you like it the ride whit the new links, if there is any changes? . Thanks

I brought the front of my truck up 1 1/2 and lowered the rear 1/2 inch. To be honest there's very little ride difference that I've noticed and I drive roughly 250 miles a day. I know alot of guys are saying when they've brought the front up 2-2 1/2 inches that it rides much rougher. I'm happy with the ride i have now with the links

19 streak

Reaction score
I'll speak. I installed links a few weeks ago. Def rides firmer/rougher, even in Aero. Looks better though.
How high did you bring the front up? I'm assuming the difference in ride that people are getting is because the different heights people are raising the front.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
How high did you bring the front up? I'm assuming the difference in ride that people are getting is because the different heights people are raising the front.
I brought the rear down slightly and the front up. I'm going to reduce the front more when it's not so friggin cold outside in MN.

IgorAfichuk

Reaction score
I brought the front of my truck up 1 1/2 and lowered the rear 1/2 inch. To be honest there's very little ride difference that I've noticed and I drive roughly 250 miles a day. I know alot of guys are saying when they've brought the front up 2-2 1/2 inches that it rides much rougher. I'm happy with the ride i have now with the links
Thanks a lot!!!

Woodard1983

Reaction score
Brand new member and completely new to his so have a couple of dumb questions. What are the “links” that everyone is referring to when leveling their trucks. Second question, the guy at the ram dealership told me that the leveling kit they have only works for non-air ride equipped trucks and that no one makes one for the 19’s yet. Is this true? I would sort of like to add 2-3 inches of ride height through leveling or a suspension lift kit, but through all of the time I’ve searched I’ve inly been able to find a 5” lift kit by rough country. Nothing else seems to work with air ride???

dakmary

Reaction score
I used the revel links. It was nearly impossible to find the parts needed to make my own in Canada.

So how’s revel leveling kit holding up? Would you mind sharing some photos? I’m also interested in your wheels/tires set up.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Keep in mind there is a fundamental difference between the front level kits with OE coilovers and the air suspension.

On the coilovers most kits add a spacer between the shock and the frame effectively making the shock longer. The Bilstein mounts the seat of the spring higher, doing the same by lengthening the bottom of the shock below the spring. Travel and spring rate are unaltered.

With the air suspension, whether changing the length of the link between the sensor and the suspension or by changing the programming, the change is made by making the air spring stiffer so it deflects less. Not only does it make it stiffer, it also changes the ratio of bump travel to droop travel. This is why OR2 seems very stiff and the speed is very restricted. Raising the front or raising the front and lowering the rear will change the relative spring rates which can have an effect on the ride and handling.

Both change the geometry. FCA didn't publish specs for the 2019 Rebel. From the 2015 Rebel, the cab heights are the same as OR1 and OR2. Since it has a taller tire, it would mean the suspension geometry is different than the Off-Road Group at normal or the regular version at OR1.

Net, there is no free lunch and we don't know enough to tell what is good or bad. However, I probably wouldn't 'level' the air suspension and if I did not by much. For rock crawling a Gladiator Rubicon is a better choice; even a Raptor will scrape its exhaust and hitch. A 34" tall tire will fit the OE normal settings, although a 295/55-20, 305/55-20 or equivalents in 18" and 22" wheels may be better choices for the street.

barakutha

Reaction score
d4f7f346521dcaa374febc9f9d31e418.jpg

7e78daaf09472a960f97aa6b1dee33bd.jpg

Revel links, daystar spacers and 285/55r22 ridge grapplers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Would you share you front and rear Revel lengths and which size Daystar spacers you used? I have the same truck and I like the stance on yours

barakutha

Reaction score
I only installed the front links, and only the front Daystar spacer fits our air rides.. mine doesn't have the ORP so I can't speak to fitment on those.

It was mostly trial and error.. sorry didn't have a ruler to measure, but these are the front right and left links, around 11-12 ridges visible on each

0d7f94be497ca9ce2b43eb71c515e65c.jpg
aa29bcad95e23638c51d2555ce380f92.jpg

These are the front spacers

e41a9965dffb374e711dd6409ab66b75.jpg

Hands down the best mod, along with the tires

08c1927243119aa9e9ecfb81cd0c4cf2.jpg

Stickerhead

Reaction score
So nothing was done to the rear?

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Last question. I watched the video how to install the spacers. It said you can disconnect the bags 5 times without recharging. Does that mean if you do all four corners, that counts as 4? Or fronts, 2?

Users who are viewing this thread