5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printed Console Organizer Now available

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
Mine is shipped! Looking forward to getting it.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

BlckDT

Reaction score
Received mine today! Installed. Great add on and fits without issue in my Bighorn Crew. Tell your son good job and keep up learning about 3D Printing. Maybe follow him up on quality tools like 3D scanners and scan to CAD software. I work heavily in the 3D scanning world and it is very complimentary to the 3D Printing world.

Took a few photos.

EC5ED3AB-91A3-4DEC-A48B-29A19A29D9C7.jpeg

8A8055BD-8471-4438-A94D-F53E0B348CF9.jpeg

BC531572-7AE9-449D-B330-1646B49DA448.jpeg

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
Looks great! Mine made it to the area today, but I won't get to see it until Monday.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

69Sting

Reaction score
Received mine today! Installed. Great add on and fits without issue in my Bighorn Crew. Tell your son good job and keep up learning about 3D Printing. Maybe follow him up on quality tools like 3D scanners and scan to CAD software. I work heavily in the 3D scanning world and it is very complimentary to the 3D Printing world.

BlckDT,

Thank you for the post and glad you enjoy it. I share all feedback with him.
He would love to start learning scanning, just this thing called money and knowledge. We would love to be able toss him a few grand and have him get a power right computer, 3d scanner, software and another printer but resources just are not there right now. What we are able to do right now is gain knowledge. So if you have any suggestions on a good 3D scanner and how to transfer it to Fusion 360, he is appreciated.
Danielle2019 has also provided him with some suggestions and he has them noted.

69Sting

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BlckDT,

Thank you for the post and glad you enjoy it. I share all feedback with him.
He would love to start learning scanning, just this thing called money and knowledge. We would love to be able toss him a few grand and have him get a power right computer, 3d scanner, software and another printer but resources just are not there right now. What we are able to do right now is gain knowledge. So if you have any suggestions on a good 3D scanner and how to transfer it to Fusion 360, he is appreciated.
Danielle2019 has also provided him with some suggestions and he has them noted.

69Sting
PM me. I may know someone that can help. I work at Autodesk ;)

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
Mine arrived today! Well made and very sturdy! Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in the Longhorn Console. I didn't realize they were that different. Not the fault of the maker though, I rolled the dice on the console being the same.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

69Sting

Reaction score
Mine arrived today! Well made and very sturdy! Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in the Longhorn Console. I didn't realize they were that different. Not the fault of the maker though, I rolled the dice on the console being the same.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Rooster,

Thank you for the positive feedback on the organizer, very bummed it doesn't work for the Longhorn. Appreciate the update so we know the Longhorn is different. Hopefully you know someone who can use the organizer.

69Sting

69Sting

Reaction score
Rooster,

Thank you for the positive feedback on the organizer, very bummed it doesn't work for the Longhorn. Appreciate the update so we know the Longhorn is different. Hopefully you know someone who can use the organizer.

69Sting

Rooster,

My son is now back from his trip. We talked some options for you this weekend and I wasn't aware you also emailed him. He is going to check a few things with Etsy and reply back to you this eve.

69Sting

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you guys lived closer he’d be invited to come intern with me right now! I’m looking for summer help to process drone data and produce the 3D surface to hand off to the CAD guys.

Check out this link, may be a fun project for him take on and build his own scanning rig.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
If you guys lived closer he’d be invited to come intern with me right now! I’m looking for summer help to process drone data and produce the 3D surface to hand off to the CAD guys.

Check out this link, may be a fun project for him take on and build his own scanning rig.

Dangit why ya not closer to Florida!!!

YawnY

Reaction score
What material is this made of? I do alot of printing, and using pla filament inside of a car always worries me. It gets pretty soft at warm temperatures, and it gets pretty hot in a car when sitting in the sun. I'd hope it's made of PETG.

69Sting

Reaction score
What material is this made of? I do alot of printing, and using pla filament inside of a car always worries me. It gets pretty soft at warm temperatures, and it gets pretty hot in a car when sitting in the sun. I'd hope it's made of PETG.

YawnY,

It is made from PLA filament. I have had this organizer in my truck since late Sep/ early Oct and have had outside temps low of -30 and high of 90 while parked outside all day. So far no notice of getting soft or warping. I have no idea what the inside temp of the truck was. (think with all the sensors, actual inside temp would be an option) I also keep my slider in the front position and my panorama roof shade closed when at work. I can see a concern here, I just can't speak to it at this time. I will bring this up to him. Thank you.

69Sting.

69Sting

Reaction score

Danielle2019,
You keep making these offers and I am going to be talked into a long road trip. :)
I sent him the link, thank you. We have xbox 360 with Kinect that gets used 1x a year. So great re-purpose of tech.

69Sting

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get used to it, because I believe that he will have a lot great offers coming his way as his education and career path develop!

Nightmare90gt

Reaction score
More organizers have gone out and more going out tomorrow.

As mentioned in this thread, the organizer is printed in two parts so I thought I would mention the seems. When two pieces printed this size and are put together there can me a small gap(need light to see through) between the seem edges. The first bonding chemical he used doesn't fill this very small gap. Don't be alarmed by this. The bonding chemical he used is made for the PLA Material he prints with. All seems are treated with the bonding chemical and clamped together for 3-4 hours (technically only needs 1hr) so the bond can be fully set at all points the seems touch. He then does a pull and twist to check that the seems are bonded before shipping.
The bonding chemical he uses has now come out in a new formula that is thicker and he can put down a small bead that does help fill the gap.

Hope everyone who has received theirs so far is pleased. If you do have any questions upon receiving yours, please PM me.

Have a great day.
What CAD software is he using? If he uses Autodesk inventor I know there is an option to put a lip and grove on the part that should take care of a gap once together.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What CAD software is he using? If he uses Autodesk inventor I know there is an option to put a lip and grove on the part that should take care of a gap once together.

I Love Inventor myself but let my license lapse as no one around this area uses it .. they all use other software which I can use but don't like myself.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Inventor is free if your a student but need a good computer to run very ram dependent.

Yeah 3-year license. I had purchased the annual subscription, but just not worth it to me since no businesses around here use it and I would just be using it for personal stuffs.
I currently use my CAD system for 3D rendering .. dual graphics cards, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread