5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37s with only a level........oh, it's possible

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes sir, that is the kit I used. Less than $100 on ebay. I can measure my links for you as well if you want measurements. I added links in the rear a couple days ago as I still wanted a bit of a rake. Rides like stock but doesn't look that way.

As for the install what you mentioned above is likely your best bet to evacuate as much as the air from the bags as possible before removing the top air line. I am in the FCA business so I have access to CDA and WiTech and used them to deflate the bags back to the reservoir but the loss you will see doing it the conventional way will be minimal. Just make sure to hand start the fittings when you re-install them and do not over tighten them.

Where are you located?
I’m interested in having this done and/or doing it myself and I live in the Dallas area

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir, that is the kit I used. Less than $100 on ebay. I can measure my links for you as well if you want measurements. I added links in the rear a couple days ago as I still wanted a bit of a rake. Rides like stock but doesn't look that way.

As for the install what you mentioned above is likely your best bet to evacuate as much as the air from the bags as possible before removing the top air line. I am in the FCA business so I have access to CDA and WiTech and used them to deflate the bags back to the reservoir but the loss you will see doing it the conventional way will be minimal. Just make sure to hand start the fittings when you re-install them and do not over tighten them.

Where are you located?

I appreciate all the insight! I'm in Sacramento, California - I might have a friend with a WiTech to aide in the process, but lets see how that pans out. I'd surely take recommendations on the link length to double check my own measurements with that kit. Figured that would be the way to go as well. I truly just want to level the rake up a bit as in 'Normal' mode, the rake is a bit sharp to my eye is all. Eventually I want to try the set of 37's my BiL has from his prerunner to see if it's a ride/look I'd like to keep

CouchAssault

Reaction score
man, this has got my interest.
would this be realistic to use offroad as it sits? no rock crawling but high speed trails and fields?

DieselDak

Reaction score
I appreciate all the insight! I'm in Sacramento, California - I might have a friend with a WiTech to aide in the process, but lets see how that pans out. I'd surely take recommendations on the link length to double check my own measurements with that kit. Figured that would be the way to go as well. I truly just want to level the rake up a bit as in 'Normal' mode, the rake is a bit sharp to my eye is all. Eventually I want to try the set of 37's my BiL has from his prerunner to see if it's a ride/look I'd like to keep

If you want a nice level use the parts and make the links. It really changes the looks of the truck without jeopardizing the ride, a coil spring truck cannot say the same......

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a buddy that works at a well known TV garage in the Dallas area that can likely help with the WiTech side of things if you decide to pull the trigger.
I do plan on doing it for real. Can you DM me who I should reach out to.

19RAMSRU

Reaction score
Poke is modest and perfect in my opinion. It is going to be a shame to put the wide body on it and have to start all over again figuring out the stance

View attachment 18860
View attachment 18861

Sounds exactly what I am doing. Can you make a seperate post just on the fender kits and the installation process? Quality as well?

Was gonna buy some tonight but I might as well see what you say first!

DieselDak

Reaction score
Sounds exactly what I am doing. Can you make a seperate post just on the fender kits and the installation process? Quality as well?

Was gonna buy some tonight but I might as well see what you say first!

Will do, that is the mission for tomorrow. First thoughts.......they wont just bolt on. Light fab and fit work will be required. They will need to be finished and blocked before paint to look really nice. If you cant do body work or paint yourself expect an additional $1000+ for finish after the $1250 investment. I will say this however. They look MUCH nicer than any other fiberglass part i have bought before, we will see how they fit tomorrow.

19RAMSRU

Reaction score
Will do, that is the mission for tomorrow. First thoughts.......they wont just bolt on. Light fab and fit work will be required. They will need to be finished and blocked before paint to look really nice. If you cant do body work or paint yourself expect an additional $1000+ for finish after the $1250 investment. I will say this however. They look MUCH nicer than any other fiberglass part i have bought before, we will see how they fit tomorrow.
Can't wait to hear back. I am a good painter! That part is the least of my concerns :).

clazer

Reaction score
Do you know how tall your truck is with the level and the 37’s at normal ride height? I’m assuming the radio antenna (terribly located) is the highest point. Really want to go your route but I’m not sure if the big metal bar at 6’11” is going to allow it as I enter the parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajr

Reaction score
Like the title states. 37s will fit a Rebel with just a level. My truck is on air but I leveled it out with a kit a put together. Before the tires it sat 41.5" in the back and 41" in the front. Wheels are 18x9 with a -12mm back space. Tires are 37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Truck will go lock to lock in Aero, Normal and Offroad. Entry/Exit has no interference but you will not be turning anywhere.

I absolutely love the stocky filled up look of the truck. My Fiberwerx kit will be here on Wednesday, then she gets wider too......

View attachment 18260
View attachment 18261
View attachment 18262
View attachment 18263
That 41.5 and 41” before the tires was after the level at full air up height right?

Ajr

Reaction score
My rebel is not on air but can get a pretty close height setup as she sits currently it is 38” in front, 40” in rear

I’m thinking of doing 1.5 spacer in back and do either 2.5” or 3” strut spacer along with Ready Lift UCAs rated up to 6” of lift which would put it at either 40.5” or 41” up front and about 41.5” at rear. However with all this I have heard of issues going over 2”in front and now I’m not sure it will be as easy as I though in the first place @DieselDak what height did your truck sit at in Normal mode before the tires

clazer

Reaction score
That 41.5 and 41” before the tires was after the level at full air up height right?

My factory truck is 41.5” in back and 39.5” in front in OFF-ROAD. One inch lower in normal. So the Wytech was used to raise the air ride 1” from normal in addition to the front level from what I can tell. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blownout1500

Reaction score
I've ran it through the fields at speed as she sits now in Normal mode with no issues. It tucks tire surprisingly well give the size of the tire.

Going to get one 37x12.5r18 mounted on my 5th wheel to move around and test front/rear tuck & clearance.

Don’t really have the patience to pull my shocks. Thinking to just get the floor jack under the spindle/axel by the test wheel and go up.

Is this an incredibly dumb idea for a reason I haven’t thought of yet? Asking for a friend lol.

EDIT: Going to wait on this until after I resolve my steering issues with the dealer.

Last edited:

Jrhunt223

Reaction score
Like the title states. 37s will fit a Rebel with just a level. My truck is on air but I leveled it out with a kit a put together. Before the tires it sat 41.5" in the back and 41" in the front. Wheels are 18x9 with a -12mm back space. Tires are 37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Truck will go lock to lock in Aero, Normal and Offroad. Entry/Exit has no interference but you will not be turning anywhere.

I absolutely love the stocky filled up look of the truck. My Fiberwerx kit will be here on Wednesday, then she gets wider too......

View attachment 18260
View attachment 18261
View attachment 18262
View attachment 18263
What is different about the Rebel vs a Limited with Air Ride?
Would I be able to do something similar on my 2019 Limited with Air Ride. I custom ordered it with the towing gears specifically to go with bigger tires and i'm still trying to figure out what I can do while still keeping it on the ground... I live in the Carolinas and a 10" lift and 35'sx12.5 with half the wheel hanging out the side of the truck is the most common thing around here and it looks hideous in my opinion. (or even worse they only lift the front)

clazer

Reaction score
What is different about the Rebel vs a Limited with Air Ride?
Would I be able to do something similar on my 2019 Limited with Air Ride. I custom ordered it with the towing gears specifically to go with bigger tires and i'm still trying to figure out what I can do while still keeping it on the ground... I live in the Carolinas and a 10" lift and 35'sx12.5 with half the wheel hanging out the side of the truck is the most common thing around here and it looks hideous in my opinion. (or even worse they only lift the front)

The biggest difference is going to be your bumper. Limited hugs the tires more.

Do you have off-road 1 and 2? If so, you’ll have to lift it more with the links than a Rebel, and I’d assume your off-road 2 wouldn’t work.

Jrhunt223

Reaction score
The biggest difference is going to be your bumper. Limited hugs the tires more.

Do you have off-road 1 and 2? If so, you’ll have to lift it more with the links than a Rebel, and I’d assume your off-road 2 wouldn’t work.
Yes I have OR1&2
Ride height at OR2 is 41 in the rear and 38.5 in the front with the factory 20x9 wheels and 275/55R20’s
Would it be better to measure from the center of my hubs?

Attachments

• 9E6659EE-E296-4B70-AE1A-22C14B936FD4.jpeg
    9E6659EE-E296-4B70-AE1A-22C14B936FD4.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 64
  • FB6B2DBA-95BD-4C7D-A414-C83EF70E82E2.jpeg
    FB6B2DBA-95BD-4C7D-A414-C83EF70E82E2.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/