5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35x12.5R18 on Performance Orientated Lift - a Overview, Procedure, and Review.

yax4

Reaction score
Man, fantastic write up and fantastic rig. Summarized in one page things that I spent weeks looking for! I've got a '24 Big Horn 4x4 on the same Methods with 35x11.5 Falken AT4s. I went with the Eibach Stage 2 kit all around. Some KSP UCA's until I change them to something better soon. Not afraid to admit my truck spends the majority of time on pavement, so on road comfort was what I was more focused on. Definitely trying to gear toward long road trips during ski season.

Anyway, I'm wondering what your alignment readout looks like? My dealer can't seem to get mine right. Originally they did OEM "Steel, non-lifted" alignment parameters with the 2" spacer pucks on 33" AT3Ws, which drove really well for E-Rated, 10-ply tires.

The current setup is aligned within the "Lifted Rebel / Off Road" parameters with the Eibachs at a moderate lift (2 5/8") with 35x11.5 AT4Ws, C-Rated, 6-ply.

It seems the major difference is about a degree difference in Caster. In the first setup (2" lift w/ 33s) it was near 5.1*/4.8*. The current readout after abut an additional 1/2" of lift in front and 2" larger tires is 4.1*/4.3*. Other parameters are all nearly the same.

Seeing if you, or anyone else with a similar setup, has dealt with this? Get a decent amount of seat/wheel vibration and dribble between 30-40 and 65-75 mph. No clank, noise, or otherwise. Steering is a little bit sloppy feeling. No real drag one way or the other. Just trying to get to the culprit of the issue. It could be tires, it could be alignment, it could be something else. Should note, the tires balanced (Road Forced) fine with scores all under 25, granted, it took 2 tries.

Thanks!!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, fantastic write up and fantastic rig. Summarized in one page things that I spent weeks looking for! I've got a '24 Big Horn 4x4 on the same Methods with 35x11.5 Falken AT4s. I went with the Eibach Stage 2 kit all around. Some KSP UCA's until I change them to something better soon. Not afraid to admit my truck spends the majority of time on pavement, so on road comfort was what I was more focused on. Definitely trying to gear toward long road trips during ski season.

Anyway, I'm wondering what your alignment readout looks like? My dealer can't seem to get mine right. Originally they did OEM "Steel, non-lifted" alignment parameters with the 2" spacer pucks on 33" AT3Ws, which drove really well for E-Rated, 10-ply tires.

The current setup is aligned within the "Lifted Rebel / Off Road" parameters with the Eibachs at a moderate lift (2 5/8") with 35x11.5 AT4Ws, C-Rated, 6-ply.

It seems the major difference is about a degree difference in Caster. In the first setup (2" lift w/ 33s) it was near 5.1*/4.8*. The current readout after abut an additional 1/2" of lift in front and 2" larger tires is 4.1*/4.3*. Other parameters are all nearly the same.

Seeing if you, or anyone else with a similar setup, has dealt with this? Get a decent amount of seat/wheel vibration and dribble between 30-40 and 65-75 mph. No clank, noise, or otherwise. Steering is a little bit sloppy feeling. No real drag one way or the other. Just trying to get to the culprit of the issue. It could be tires, it could be alignment, it could be something else. Should note, the tires balanced (Road Forced) fine with scores all under 25, granted, it took 2 tries.

Thanks!!
hmm not sure what alignment spec was like since I have no idea where I threw the sheet.
BUT, the shop we take to aligns it back to OE spec iirc and it drives straight as an arrow.

regarding onroad comfort: that's where the DSC comes into play lol setting mine for on-pavement mode is as comfortable as it gets and I also have the ability to take corners and pass cars and stuff going up and down the canyons. It's not sports car like in terms of handling, but it definitely fares better than stock or other regular traffic vehicles.
You can see more about it in my suspension thread here: Fox 2.5 DSC Suspension - A Brief Overview, Procedure, and Review of Proper Suspension Setup

Users who are viewing this thread