5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s for stock 2019 rims?

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many people like the stock rims and just want a bigger tire. No problem there. You can either run 35x11.50 or put a .25” spacer on and be fine. There have been a few people that ran the 35x12.50s without a spacer but it’s a gamble. Each truck is slightly different.
Sounds like a 285/75 R18 should be fine then? A skinny 35?

I'm seriously considering putting these on without any modification and see how it does...

clazer

Reaction score

I'm seriously considering putting these on without any modification and see how it does...

do the mod of the front fender well if it rubs. Stickies in the wheel and tire section.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
I've been researching this as well - 35x12.5 with OEM Rebel wheels on a lift/level.

For sure at least a 2" level is required, if not 2.5". My concern is the inside part of the tire rubbing against the UCA where it meets the knuckle. I know using a spacer would resolve the issue, but I'm not 100% comfortable running spacers (yes, I'm one of those guys - why have another point of failure?).

I found this guy on Instagram (not sure if he's a member on here or not), but he mentioned he's on a 2.5" level with 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers. No spacers, and no trimming/cutting was involved.

http://instagr.am/p/B-zh2v9h4qX/

orange01z28

Reaction score
I've been researching this as well - 35x12.5 with OEM Rebel wheels on a lift/level.

For sure at least a 2" level is required, if not 2.5". My concern is the inside part of the tire rubbing against the UCA where it meets the knuckle. I know using a spacer would resolve the issue, but I'm not 100% comfortable running spacers (yes, I'm one of those guys - why have another point of failure?).

I found this guy on Instagram (not sure if he's a member on here or not), but he mentioned he's on a 2.5" level with 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers. No spacers, and no trimming/cutting was involved.

http://instagr.am/p/B-zh2v9h4qX/
I feel the same way about spacers. I know they're common but I get that point-of-failure thing

But the price difference between Milestar Patagonias + spacers as opposed to Nitto Trail Grappler 11.5" wide tires might end up being the kicker to finally get me to try them

Downytide

Reaction score

285/75 fits, I have them on 18x9 with ET0, they don't rub, they only time I had issue was at full articulation and lock to lock, it literately kisses the plastic above the mud flap, I just use heat gun to push that back, going to level it at 1.5" and that shouldn't be an issue after.

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Does anyone know how reliable .25” spacers are, or have a good recommendation for them? I’d like to run 305/45/22 on the factory 22” sport wheels, and just get it a little further from the UCA. Mathematically, I should already have .15” away from it (.75 as it stands now from a 275/55/20, and the size I want is 1.2” wider)

Maybe I’m just overthinking it, but are these .25” really safe since you’d be losing that amount of space for the lug to grab onto the stud?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know how reliable .25” spacers are, or have a good recommendation for them? I’d like to run 305/45/22 on the factory 22” sport wheels, and just get it a little further from the UCA. Mathematically, I should already have .15” away from it (.75 as it stands now from a 275/55/20, and the size I want is 1.2” wider)

Maybe I’m just overthinking it, but are these .25” really safe since you’d be losing that amount of space for the lug to grab onto the stud?

Actually the wheels spacers will come with their own studs for the wheels, they will be plenty long. The problem with a .25 spacer is that its too thin, the stock wheel studs will come out too far and hit the back of the rim. To make that fit, you either need to cut down the stock studs or get a thicker spacer to clear the back of the wheel.

clazer

Reaction score
Actually the wheels spacers will come with their own studs for the wheels, they will be plenty long. The problem with a .25 spacer is that its too thin, the stock wheel studs will come out too far and hit the back of the rim. To make that fit, you either need to cut down the stock studs or get a thicker spacer to clear the back of the wheel.
I’m not aware of 1/4” hub centric spacers with their own studs. BORA makes them down to about 0.6” thick. If you want 1/4”, it’s going to just be a flat metal spacer. There’s also plenty of stud length for that.

spb_sloram

Reaction score
I wasn’t referring to the ones with studs. I was more referring to the ones that are Basicially just a washer that would go between the hub and the rim. Sounds like you guys are having good luck with the 1” and the 1.25” ones, maybe I’ll just go with the bora ones and call it a day

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My bad, I was thinking about the larger spacers, its the only ones I have experience with. Really interested in these thin spacers though, if I could just go a little wider I would be happy, but the larger ones are too wide for what I want.

clazer

Reaction score
I wasn’t referring to the ones with studs. I was more referring to the ones that are Basicially just a washer that would go between the hub and the rim. Sounds like you guys are having good luck with the 1” and the 1.25” ones, maybe I’ll just go with the bora ones and call it a day
1.25 works great. If I did it again, I’d do 1.25 in back and 1” in front. Might have to grind a little off the studs (non threaded part) on the 1”. 1.25” fits no issue. From the factory, the rear track width is 0.4” narrower so I ran 0.25” wider spacers in back. Can I tell a difference? Pretty sure not haha
One other point, if you go with spacers, follow the instructions! My BORAs said to mount then drive some small number of miles then put on thread locker and retorque.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score

Did you end up trying this? Looking to do the same thing. Would like to size up a little bit from stock size.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you end up trying this? Looking to do the same thing. Would like to size up a little bit from stock size.
Not yet... also sounds like 35's might be a touch too big. Might be ok... might not... from what I've read so far without a level or lift.

I'm going to wait until next summer at least, and then make a move. Revel links, Daystar spacers, Mopar UCA's, rims and tires.

If I'm completely honest, my truck does everything I ask of it with ease on stock 33's. It's just something I want... nothing I "need".

Downytide

Reaction score

It fits.

Yoko X-AT 285/75r18, OD is rated at 35.1" , had minor rubbing on the flap at full lock to lock and on incline, after some heat gun no rubbing anywhere even maxing out the flex.

WhxTLy8.jpg

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It fits.

Yoko X-AT 285/75r18, OD is rated at 35.1" , had minor rubbing on the flap at full lock to lock and on incline, after some heat gun no rubbing anywhere even maxing out the flex.

WhxTLy8.jpg

Your rims help with fitment? -12 offset of there abouts?

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
It fits.

WhxTLy8.jpg
Thanks, and looks great. Do you happen to have a complete side picture? Thanks again.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
The only side profile I have unfortunately.

The truck looks lower in this photo, not sure why, no leveling kit was ever installed.

igGZv6m.jpg
Thank you! I was just trying to judge the tires in the wheel wells.

Smcneil1972

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Cooper SST Pros in 295/70 18 for the stock 2020 rebel wheels. Comes out to roughly a 34.6 x 11.6 tire. I have Icon upper arms and 1.5” hubcentric wheel spacers. The rest of my Icon Stage 5 suspension is still a couple weeks our so hopefully they will fit.
I have 295/70 18's on Mopar bead lock wheels without any lift or level. They will fit great and look awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread