5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s for stock 2019 rims?

jabara572

Reaction score
285/75r18 duratracs (35.1 per Goodyear) 2" level + UCA's. I have 1/4" spacers but dont really need them.

I do not think I could clear a 12.5 on my truck, it would be extremely close to the readylift UCA's.

Attachments

• IMG_27.10.2020_102225_2.jpg
    IMG_27.10.2020_102225_2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 582

ptacular06

Reaction score
They sit too far in so that wide of a tire ends up rubbing against the upper control arm. It's pretty close, a .25" wheel spacer usually solves the issue.
Ksn you have any complaints running 35s with 3.21 gears? I'm trying to decide if I shud go with mopar lift and 35s. I too have 3.21s and getting mixed responses from people.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ksn you have any complaints running 35s with 3.21 gears? I'm trying to decide if I shud go with mopar lift and 35s. I too have 3.21s and getting mixed responses from people.
Nah. It does gear hunt a little bit but it isn't terrible. Plenty of power still. Probably helps that I have a Pedal Commander but I have no issues with it.

ptacular06

Reaction score
Nah. It does gear hunt a little bit but it isn't terrible. Plenty of power still. Probably helps that I have a Pedal Commander but I have no issues with it.
Any warranty issues regarding the pedal commander? I'm assuming that let's you calibrate the speedo?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any warranty issues regarding the pedal commander? I'm assuming that let's you calibrate the speedo?
No warranty issues. I remove it if I have to take it to the dealer. Takes all of two minutes. It does not calibrate the speedo. All it does is adjust the throttle response. These trucks have terrible pedal lag, even with everything stock from the factory. I would imagine it worsens with the 35s but I’ve never noticed it because of the Pedal Commander.

ptacular06

Reaction score
No warranty issues. I remove it if I have to take it to the dealer. Takes all of two minutes. It does not calibrate the speedo. All it does is adjust the throttle response. These trucks have terrible pedal lag, even with everything stock from the factory. I would imagine it worsens with the 35s but I’ve never noticed it because of the Pedal Commander.
Did you do any flash to change the shift pts at all? I see some peeps running the taser for that?
Any pics?

ptacular06

Reaction score
Scratch that ksn...found some pics, NICE!! What's ur opinion on the mopar 2in lift with ORP? are the mopar UCAs gonna be ok being its technically a 3in lift? Or wud u reccomend going with readylift UCAs with their 3.5in lift?
Thanks for all ur help btw !

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Scratch that ksn...found some pics, NICE!! What's ur opinion on the mopar 2in lift with ORP? are the mopar UCAs gonna be ok being its technically a 3in lift? Or wud u reccomend going with readylift UCAs with their 3.5in lift?
Thanks for all ur help btw !
Appreciate it. The Mopar lift is nice. A little overpriced for what it is, but it keeps warranty intact and the Fox shocks are top notch. I actually ordered the Mopar lift first with ORP front springs only to be told there were parts missing and the dealer didn’t know how quick they could get another one in due to them being in back order. I called a local shop about the BDS 4” and they said they could have it in 2 days so I jumped on it. Then BDS sent the wrong parts so I ended up with a 6” lift instead of 4” and decided to keep it.

It’s all personal preference. I would suggest the Readylift or RC UCAs instead of the ones in the Mopar kit. The Mopar ones have more movement over stock but the ball joint is still at the same angle. The Readylift/RC ones actually change the angle of the ball joint to accommodate the lift.

ptacular06

Reaction score
Appreciate it. The Mopar lift is nice. A little overpriced for what it is, but it keeps warranty intact and the Fox shocks are top notch. I actually ordered the Mopar lift first with ORP front springs only to be told there were parts missing and the dealer didn’t know how quick they could get another one in due to them being in back order. I called a local shop about the BDS 4” and they said they could have it in 2 days so I jumped on it. Then BDS sent the wrong parts so I ended up with a 6” lift instead of 4” and decided to keep it.

It’s all personal preference. I would suggest the Readylift or RC UCAs instead of the ones in the Mopar kit. The Mopar ones have more movement over stock but the ball joint is still at the same angle. The Readylift/RC ones actually change the angle of the ball joint to accommodate the lift.
Thx again for ur help!

Flden33037

Reaction score
285/75r18 duratracs (35.1 per Goodyear) 2" level + UCA's. I have 1/4" spacers but dont really need them.

I do not think I could clear a 12.5 on my truck, it would be extremely close to the readylift UCA's.
What brand of spacers did you use and are you only running them on the front or on front and rear? I’ve never messed with spacers, but they are a lot cheaper than new wheels. I assume a 1/4 spacer is more or less a giant washer?

NHjake98

Reaction score
Anyone try 285/75 R18's, short 35, and how they do? Lotta people talk about 35 X 12.5, but I'm wondering how a slightly smaller tire does. Going to try something bigger when the stock tires go... they perform great for what I need... just want something to fill out the wheel wells a little better.
I went with 285/75/18's

Attachments

• 20201124_110859.jpg
    20201124_110859.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 257

Baca

Reaction score
Well I must say that it’s been quite a challenge but I bought some stock 18’s and installed myself a set of 35*12.5’s on the new to me stock 18’s! In front Had to use a 1.25” spacer to clear upper control arm. No lift as of yet. Only had issues clearing the rear of the front driver tire when I turned left. And vice versa, back inside right front (passenger) when turning right! Just a fun project car! Yes I said car! 07’ Charger RT AWD! Matte Black 5.7 Hemi

Attachments

• 203CBA4C-D963-42EC-8CD2-4C5CFE5FFA18.jpeg
    203CBA4C-D963-42EC-8CD2-4C5CFE5FFA18.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 168

jman17

Reaction score

Your truck looks so good man.

7thapollo

Reaction score
Can anyone touch base on tire size options with air suspension? I saw someone in this thread ask and no one acknowledged him. I too am looking for some help. I don’t want to remove the air suspension to level the truck but I’m real interested in getting 35’s on this thing. Someone help!

Users who are viewing this thread