5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

34's vs 35's

I used Jscan $20 for license, a $20 bluetooth obd2 adaptor, and a $15 security bypass cable. I can add to the conversation here that after adding bigger tires it is essential to update the ecu with the correct size. I actually programmed mine a few times (can adjust by 0.25” increments in the ecu) to get it dialed in perfect. Now it actually shows 75 at 75 gps. I ran 33” tires for about six months without updating the ecu and it worked but the shift points were messed up especially when towing it literally wouldn’t stop hunting for gears, it was absolutely terrible towing. After updating the ecu to correct size it fixed all the shift points, tows normal again and increased fuel milage slightly. I have the 3.21 gears and it works fine. I have no doubt 34 or 35 would not be a problem if the correct value is set to the ecu. The computer needs to know the correct size to calculate correct powertrain outputs. Also for the record the max size the factory ecu will accept is 44” 😁

Curious, did you use Jscan on your phone? Apple by chance? I just got my 2024 and trying to figure out the best way to update tire size.

Curious, did you use Jscan on your phone? Apple by chance? I just got my 2024 and trying to figure out the best way to update tire size.
Yes apple phone and Jscan with the security bypass cable and an obd2 bluetooth adaptor.

Yes apple phone and Jscan with the security bypass cable and an obd2 bluetooth adaptor.
Super easy to update tire size with JScan, just did it myself yesterday. Anyone know how to adjust the manufacture date in the BCM with JScan however?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back