5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33s or 35s inch tires and leveling kits

Jack.

Reaction score
Can you guys link me some p rated tires? I'll be going from 18-> 20" wheels soon. Looking to do a 1.5-2" lift and prob going with a 285/60r20 if possible ☠️ if not I can live with 275 60 r20

Maxum

Reaction score
Can you guys link me some p rated tires? I'll be going from 18-> 20" wheels soon. Looking to do a 1.5-2" lift and prob going with a 285/60r20 if possible ☠️ if not I can live with 275 60 r20
I just bought General Grabber tires, they're not an aggressive thread at all, but they ride nice and excellent in water. If you want a nice aggressive mud and snow type tire in a P rated, you can get Goodyear Duratracs in either LT or P275/60R20. Personally after having LTs on the truck, I wouldn't go back to them unless I wanted.to go up in size and absolutely had too.

puba08

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with Duratracs. They are actually an AT tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maxum

Reaction score
I will be installing 275 60r20's soon. I haven't decided on the recal yet. I'm most worried about the oil life system.
Change the oil at 15% oil life, that's what I do, instead of waiting for the warning to come on and then running it for another 3 or 400 miles before I get it changed. At 15%, you'll always be well within the limits.

Maxum

Reaction score
Pirelli Scorpions are also available and an AT tire...nice looking tire and good reviews.

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
I have a Readylift SST 3.5" lift and after trying LT275/60/20's, I changed to a P rated in the same size.,.which equates to a 33" tire. Few reasons I went this route. First was gas mileage..35's and an LT weight tire, really eat into the mpgs. Second, 33's you have the choice of P or LT rated still, 35's you dont. Honestly, LT tires are overkill on these trucks unless you run it off road a lot or with a LOT of weight. Third, with the Readylift kit, the preload spacers stiffen up the suspension, so with LT tires, it felt like I was running cement tires, i just felt every pebble on the road and it hit potholes really hard. Possibly leveling shocks on the front and not the spacers would be a better combo with LT tires. Lastly, LT tires are just plain heavy, rough, not great in wet conditions normally. I just couldn't justify the LT tires over P rated with my driving style. I do haul my atv in the back and yes, P rated tires tend to be a little squishy if you don't air them up a little more, but nothing serious if you get good quality tires. The ride comfort the other 99% of the time is sooooo worth the little trade off of a stuffer tire for the 1% of time I tow or haul. 33's by the way look great with the 3.5" lift. It has some space, in the wheelwell still, but the 33' suits the look I find. 35's would fill that space more, but looks fine with 33's
You got pictures? And what tires do you have?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy Alfa. Im all apple myself but picked up a cheap Samsung tablet I think under $100 just for use with Alfa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
would also need an odb2 Bluetooth adapter and the gateway bypass right?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
would also need an odb2 Bluetooth adapter and the gateway bypass right?
Yes. You would have to spend $100 on the app, OBDII adapter, and gateway bypass + the cost of a Windows or Android device. My dealer quoted me ~$150 to reprogram my speedometer, so it's definitely cheaper than AlfaOBD for you. If you plan to do any of the changes available with AlfaOBD, it might be worth it for you to spend another $50.

Jack.

Reaction score
those all seems like really good options hmm, prob a dumb question but there shouldnt be an issue running p rated tires or in the above case 4 - 6 ply rating tires on my truck if i just use it mostly to commute right? i dont hault around a trailer and sometimes i do carry stuff in the bed but prob nothing over id say... 500-600lb

EJ84

Reaction score
I just did the recal with Jscan, picked up what I needed off Amazon. It honestly took less then 10 minutes. If you don’t want to pay the dealership this is a good option. I also put on 275/60/20.

Users who are viewing this thread