5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33 x 12.5 R22 ridge grapplers installed on Stock 22” limited wheels

lambone

Reaction score
I have the 4ply B rated Ridgegrapplers and they ride great. They don’t feel a whole lot different then stock on the road. Yet they are a bit higher load rates then the stock rubber.

Mine are 305/55/20 with the 2” Mopar lift. They rubbed at full wheel lock a bit so I trimmed the inside corner of the plastic mud flap. No more rubbing!

Savagescott

Reaction score
I have the 4ply B rated Ridgegrapplers and they ride great. They don’t feel a whole lot different then stock on the road. Yet they are a bit higher load rates then the stock rubber.

Mine are 305/55/20 with the 2” Mopar lift. They rubbed at full wheel lock a bit so I trimmed the inside corner of the plastic mud flap. No more rubbing!

Can you post a few pics?

Yankone1967

Reaction score
yea rides great like stock, no additional sound and i think it actually rides smoother with these. i had a minimal rub when fully rotating the wheel for about the first few days now i don't hear it at all I mainly drive int he city and highways , I've gone 90mph with them and everything was great I got the tires for the look and everyone says it makes the truck look way better. I would recommend you get them if you are thinking about it.
How does the TPMS system act? I don't want to be alarmed all of the time due to tire pressures that differ from stock...Is there a way around that? Thanks.

bobs4state

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, 35’s will rub, I put 33x12.5 r22’s on my stock Limited 22’s and it rubs slightly at times

Did you notice a change in MPG? A guy at the tire store told me today that my gas mileage would plummet with this config.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Anyone do a 305/45r22? The Ridge Grappler is only 2-3lbs heavier than stock - so should perform almost exactly the same.

aametzger

Reaction score
Anyone do a 305/45r22? The Ridge Grappler is only 2-3lbs heavier than stock - so should perform almost exactly the same.

I have these.. ride good, a little bit noisier than stock depending on the type of pavement. For some reason, freshly laid asphalt seems the loudest. They do feel a little heavier, likely due to the slightly larger diameter and extra weight. I have the air suspension, and in normal, they would rub slightly at full lock. Once I added spacers 1.5 frt 2.0 rear, I have no rubbing in any mode.

drrxnupe

Reaction score
I have these.. ride good, a little bit noisier than stock depending on the type of pavement. For some reason, freshly laid asphalt seems the loudest. They do feel a little heavier, likely due to the slightly larger diameter and extra weight. I have the air suspension, and in normal, they would rub slightly at full lock. Once I added spacers 1.5 frt 2.0 rear, I have no rubbing in any mode.
You got pics of your truck with 305/45R22s?

aametzger

Reaction score
You got pics of your truck with 305/45R22s?

Yes I have posted a bunch of pics of my truck on this forum in different phases of customization. You could click on my profile and look at my posts.

I will look for the post when I first put them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aametzger

Reaction score
Yes I have posted a bunch of pics of my truck on this forum in different phases of customization. You could click on my profile and look at my posts.

I will look for the post when I first put them on.

This is the first post with the tires added

What did you do to your Ram today???

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put the 305/45/22 All Season Nitto 420V tires on last week and they aren't any noisier than the Goodyear Eagle Touring tires and they will most likely do much better in snow than the Goodyears did even though I didn't have any trouble with the goodyears in up to 6 inches of snow. They also rub a little in Aero fully turned but haven't noticed them rubbing in Normal.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I decided to have my OEM 22 inch wheels powder coated in high gloss and threw some Nitto Terra Grapplers G2’s on them, size 33 x 12.5R22. Wowza! I’m loving the look and feel of this set up. I will be leveling the front end 2 inches soon, still figuring all the angles with the air suspension. I installed the Diablo Sport Pulsar system to adjust the tire size for the speedometer.

Of course, the Terra Grappler is less aggressive than the Ridge Grappler, so I have zero complaints about noise. Going from 11.2 ish inches wide to 12.5 made a ton of difference in the feel and ride of the truck.

BTW, no noticeable rubbing with this tire size.
84B267F6-1606-4D39-9897-90C6287165D7.jpeg 4C58206B-25EC-4FDE-AC07-E199763F3C8E.jpeg 12874DD7-324B-4D46-87B6-7254BAE80E8D.jpeg

Landon G

Reaction score
I live in Toronto. Was originally going to keep my 22" rims, buy some 20" or 18" rims for winter tire. Did some reading on KO2 and thinking I can keep all year and enjoy the truck up north.

Wondering if the grapplers can do all I want (I know 22" rims are not off roaders). Still thinking 18" with KO2
Do you still have 22s? Willing to sell?

Users who are viewing this thread