5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33 x 12.5 R22 ridge grapplers installed on Stock 22” limited wheels

Tomek77

Reaction score
Can some tell me what is the exact mesurment from road to rim on the 22" wheels? Is it at least 4". Im thinking of buying the limited trim and the 22" are the only nice looking wheels but I'm afraid that i will be popping tires often here on NY roads.

Julian7

Reaction score
Whats up guys, im new to the ram world, i just picked up this 2019 limited 4x4, it has the 22 inch wheels, im wanting to get some 35'sx12.5 r22 but dont know if there will be lots of rubbing. 20180926_162812.jpg 20180926_162838.jpg

sass

Reaction score
This combination looks awesome. My '17 wrangler, that I just traded in for my ram, had 35" versions of these tires. They are one of the best tires to date that I have ran. Awesome in rain, snow, dirt,etc etc. When the stock tires get worn down, I'll be looking to put these on.

-sass

drsubie

Reaction score
I live in Toronto. Was originally going to keep my 22" rims, buy some 20" or 18" rims for winter tire. Did some reading on KO2 and thinking I can keep all year and enjoy the truck up north.

Wondering if the grapplers can do all I want (I know 22" rims are not off roaders). Still thinking 18" with KO2

I ran a '13 Ford F150 FX4 w/ 17" rims and Goodyear Duratrac's year round on it here in Seattle; went snowboarding a couple of times. I would say, if you get a lot of snow and have to potentially drive in un-plowed roads, I would get dedicated winter tires. Paved slushy roads where it's below freezing was fine, but if it's below freezing, I'd get winter tires definitely...

Samcpatterson

Reaction score
Good day ladies and gents from sunny South Florida, Beautiful wheel/tire combination--looking for the exact same...

LongHorn 2WD 6.4" bed with (ordered 2.5" front level being shipped) Prefer not to use level if don't have to

Current 275/65/18, lol..... what offset with 22" wheels to run 33.12.5.R22---or do you think I'll have to level?

Attachments

• 20180819_104622.jpg
    20180819_104622.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 262

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, 35’s will rub, I put 33x12.5 r22’s on my stock Limited 22’s and it rubs slightly at times

SMS, how are you making out with your tires? Still liking them? Still rubbing? Did you locate the rub point? I’m sure the tire filed it down but any way you can find the rub point and attach a pic so we can all see where it’s catching? Thanks!

Bdog

Reaction score
Will 35x12.50x22 fit on the stock 22 in longhorn rims and a 3.5” ready lift?

I like my factory wheels and don’t want to change them but I need bigger meats.

AGGIE00

Reaction score
Posted this on another thread but thought I’d add here. I installed the same tires today, 33x12.50r22. It did rub, but it’s a small ear on the wheel well shroud. It bent back easily and no more rubbing. Ride is a bit rougher and power does suffer some. Not enough to sacrifice having a tire that will go places though.

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Posted this on another thread but thought I’d add here. I installed the same tires today, 33x12.50r22. It did rub, but it’s a small ear on the wheel well shroud. It bent back easily and no more rubbing. Ride is a bit rougher and power does suffer some. Not enough to sacrifice having a tire that will go places though.

What suspension do you have? Do you have pictures of where it was rubbing?

AGGIE00

Reaction score
What suspension do you have? Do you have pictures of where it was rubbing?
Air suspension. Don’t have a picture, but it’s like bending back a piece of cardboard. I creased the plastic so it would stay and it worked perfect. I literally reached over the tire, felt for the plastic that was rubbing and bent it back with my fingers. Took 5 seconds

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Air suspension. Don’t have a picture, but it’s like bending back a piece of cardboard. I creased the plastic so it would stay and it worked perfect. I literally reached over the tire, felt for the plastic that was rubbing and bent it back with my fingers. Took 5 seconds

Awesome, sounds like an easy fix and I could probably increase space more with the heat gun trick. I appreciate the feedback.

rcbundy9

Reaction score
SMS Limited - Truck looks great. I'm about to make a deal on a Limited and looking to do something similar. I like the look of 22s but I don;t like the how small the combination looks with the stock 285/45/22. I don;t do any off-roading but finding a bigger tire is difficult without going to an all terrain, which I'm worried will compromise ride quality and noise. A couple follow-up - and probably redundant - question... you haven't seen any difference in ride/noise with those tires? Could the truck handle (clearance) 35/12.5/22s?

I'm interested if anyone has any suggestions for a 22 that would give a little more sidewall that the 33/12.5/22 but still offer the same ride quality.

I went 285/55/22 ridge graps and I’m taking them off this week for 33x12.5 4 ply terra graps. 285/55 is 34.5 looks awesome but totally compromised power and I feel every bump. I don’t do hard core off road so trying to get as close to stock with a somewhat aggressive AT tire. Nitto makes 4 ply in 305/45/22 which is a little over 33 inch. Those go on next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online