5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.21 vs 3.92: The Last Word

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a 2013 Ram with the 6 speed tranny & 3.21 gears. Now I got a 2020 Ram with 8 speed tranny & 3.92 gears. Man, what a difference!! Like night & day. Lots of fun to drive.

It’s the 6 to 8 speed tranny that’s the difference you’re feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Oh you’re just pissy because when you added your “man” Tars it basically turned your 3.92 truck into a 3.21 truck but without the good mpg.

I remember when I though large tires were cool
To drive on roads. Then I grew up.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Oh you’re just pissy because when you added your “man” Tars it basically turned your 3.92 truck into a 3.21 truck but without the good mpg.

I remember when I though large tires were cool
To drive on roads. Then I grew up.

Didn't you put 33x12s on there? I'm surprised 3.21s will get you up the driveway.

Don't worry, when you get stuck on the curb we'll send the 3.21 rescue crew to pull you out.
0a3d329d260e7ea7f6ea974ad7ea355e.jpg

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Imagine that. I can fit 33x12s on a lowered truck in 2022. But you had to lift it 5in in the 90s to do that.

My newer Subaru Outback can go anywhere your useless lifted trucks can go, and get 30mpg doing it. Glad I realized it’s just a “look at me” vs function. Since I’ve yet to see any of your trucks on a hard trail off road.

;)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine that. I can fit 33x12s on a lowered truck in 2022. But you had to lift it 5in in the 90s to do that.

My newer Subaru Outback can go anywhere your useless lifted trucks can go, and get 30mpg doing it. Glad I realized it’s just a “look at me” vs function. Since I’ve yet to see any of your trucks on a hard trail off road.

;)

You owning a Subaru Outback is the least surprising thing I've read this year. Did it come with a lifetime supply of avocado toast and a pair of rainbow suspenders?

Bigzway

Reaction score
I had a 2003 5.9 360 with 3.92 gears in 2019 I bought my 2019 Hemi with 3.21 major upgrade all smiles going 90 past all the 3.92s on the toll road

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Didnt you say yourself you have your truck only for towing your mobile toilet? And you also have other economic modes of transportation?

I also have multiple vehicles other than my ram. An outback, turbo focus, and a few motorcycles. My truck is mainly used for hauling the bikes to races. Doesn’t mean I can’t get good mpg while doing it.

Bam

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didnt you say yourself you have your truck only for towing your mobile toilet? And you also have other economic modes of transportation?

I also have multiple vehicles other than my ram. An outback, turbo focus, and a few motorcycles. My truck is mainly used for hauling the bikes to races. Doesn’t mean I can’t get good mpg while doing it.

Bam

I have my truck to take me around the country and I don't sleep in public bathrooms because I'm not a hippy with a Subaru, correct.

At least you have a couple motorcycles so you know what fast is supposed to feel like.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Nah you’re just over compensating with 3.92s pulling a mini toilet which could easily be pulled with 3.21s and get better mpgs

But you didn’t do your research before buying the truck and comparing it with the toilet you were going to be towing.

And Ive had lifted trucks with large tires and low gear ratios. I’m not missing anything but a stereotype.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What lift? My truck is completely stock. I didn't lift it because I didn't need it and I didn't lower it because I'm not 12.

And I haven't seen anything from your slow truck that's better than 37.9 mpg. Slower and terrible fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/