5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3” Fox DSC coilover pics

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, a few running Claytons with no issue. Fox DSC will ride 100x better than a 6 inches lift. It all depends on what you are aiming for (look vs performance).
Are those Clayton springs a full 2” also what spring rate are they? I’d like something a tiny bit less than 2” but don’t want anything softer than stock for towing and hauling purposes.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Are those Clayton springs a full 2” also what spring rate are they? I’d like something a tiny bit less than 2” but don’t want anything softer than stock for towing and hauling purposes.
They are listed as 2.5". So they'd be 1.5" over a stock Rebel or ORP. I assume that extra .5" gives you a slight rake and wouldn't look as nose high as some trucks do with a true level.

This is what Clayton lists for the springs:

• Triple Rate
  • Free Length = 21.500" +/-.25
  • Spring Rate 1 = 159 lbs/in
  • Spring Rate 2 = 280 lbs/in
  • Spring Rate 3 = 360 lbs/in

Eaglehemi345

Reaction score
Wanted to share some photos of my recent lift. I did the Fox 2.5 DSC coilover set to 3” however I think it netted me a few more mm’s than 3” as it looks higher than my Mopar + ORP lift. I foolishly didn’t take measurements - was too excited to get them on haha. Install was super easy, I have a lift at my place and have done several rams now, including my own. But to not have to mess with springs compressors is awesome lol. They came with a little bracket to mount the canisters which I thought was super cool. Shows off the canisters very nicely.

I went with a readylift SST upper control arm after seeing the BDS failures. The angles seem good. The ride is absolutely phenomenal, which I expected to be for the money. Not the cheapest but the quality is definitely great. Sorry for the dirty truck.
Nice looking truck. how are the front cv axle and ball joint angles on this lift. does it needs anything at the rear except 2" coil spring spacers?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. how are the front cv axle and ball joint angles on this lift. does it needs anything at the rear except 2" coil spring spacers?
CV's are fine, ball joint angles are good as i used 3.5" readylift arms.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Could you run 295/65R20s on stock wheels with this set up?

RamSATX

Reaction score
CV's are fine, ball joint angles are good as i used 3.5" readylift arms.

Very recently I had the 3.5 readylift sst kit installed. Uses a large spacer and what looks to be the same UCA’s you have. The ride is stiff, however that was expected. In my previous vehicle, I had fox coilovers and loved the way it drove. I wasn’t aware they had a kit for the Ram. Do you have a link for your set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Very recently I had the 3.5 readylift sst kit installed. Uses a large spacer and what looks to be the same UCA’s you have. The ride is stiff, however that was expected. In my previous vehicle, I had fox coilovers and loved the way it drove. I wasn’t aware they had a kit for the Ram. Do you have a link for your set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are part numbers:

FOX 19-ON Ram 1500 w/ UCA, Front Coilover, 2.5 Truck FRS, R/R, 2-3" Lift, DSC FOX-883-06-166

Fox 2.5" Smooth Body Reservoir Shock Kit for 2019+ Ram 1500 Rear w/ DSC Adjuster
FOX-883-26-079

The particular person you asked is using a 2" spacer in the rear on none ORP springs.

Last edited:

LithiaRam

Reaction score
Wanted to share some photos of my recent lift. I did the Fox 2.5 DSC coilover set to 3” however I think it netted me a few more mm’s than 3” as it looks higher than my Mopar + ORP lift. I foolishly didn’t take measurements - was too excited to get them on haha. Install was super easy, I have a lift at my place and have done several rams now, including my own. But to not have to mess with springs compressors is awesome lol. They came with a little bracket to mount the canisters which I thought was super cool. Shows off the canisters very nicely.

I went with a readylift SST upper control arm after seeing the BDS failures. The angles seem good. The ride is absolutely phenomenal, which I expected to be for the money. Not the cheapest but the quality is definitely great. Sorry for the dirty truck.
Wow, thanks for all the great info! I work at a RAM dealer and can get a smoking deal on the Mopar lift, so leaning that direction. Wondering if you could answer a few questions for me?
How was the ride quality when you ran the Mopar + ORP springs? Did that provide about a 3inch lift and remove the rake? Thank you in advance!

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the great info! I work at a RAM dealer and can get a smoking deal on the Mopar lift, so leaning that direction. Wondering if you could answer a few questions for me?
How was the ride quality when you ran the Mopar + ORP springs? Did that provide about a 3inch lift and remove the rake? Thank you in advance!
Read post 16. In the next 3-4 days I hope to be able to provide some insight on the Mopar lift / orp combo too.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Just got mine in, combo it with a 550LB Eibach front springs and icon dual progressive 1.5" lift rear spring
should have them on in a couple of weeks. IMG_4644.JPG

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Just noticed mine didn’t come with any hardware on the top. E8898B34-A9C9-462F-9E28-E23A30527008.jpeg

U

User_21361

Just got mine in, combo it with a 550LB Eibach front springs and icon dual progressive 1.5" lift rear spring
should have them on in a couple of weeks. View attachment 94510

Post back when you get a chance to install the front coils on the heavier springs. I was debating something similar to account for extra weight in the front.

Out of curiosity, why did you go with the icon rear springs? When I spoke with Icon, they said I would see very little difference from the stock Rebel springs. That’s what pushed me to the claytons.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Post back when you get a chance to install the front coils on the heavier springs. I was debating something similar to account for extra weight in the front.

Out of curiosity, why did you go with the icon rear springs? When I spoke with Icon, they said I would see very little difference from the stock Rebel springs. That’s what pushed me to the claytons.
I didnt want too much of lift, more so the dual rate. and was an easy order with these via Shock Surplus. i have airbags in the rear too so it helps with all the weight in the rear

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Sorry man, welcome to the club of missing parts 🙄. Fox will get the missing parts out to you, figure about a week. Just make sure they send parts for both sides- they missed that small detail with me.
just got off the phone with Fox, basically yeah I have to send them back and its take about a week to get them back.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Fox, basically yeah I have to send them back and its take about a week to get them back.

Annoying, not sure how a company like fox forgets to put in mandatory hardware lol. I would just order the studs yourself like another member on here did. Easy enough to pull them through

Nsm42

Reaction score
No need to send them back. They can send you the parts and any shop should be able to install without issue.

flying53brian

Reaction score
I shipped on a Saturday and Fox got em on Monday, I had them add an extra 1/4" of threads at top and had them back Wednesday. Dealt with Jeff, very fast turn around but a pain no less.

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I shipped on a Saturday and Fox got em on Monday, I had them add an extra 1/4" of threads at top and had them back Wednesday. Dealt with Jeff, very fast turn around but a pain no less.

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
why the extra length?

flying53brian

Reaction score
why the extra length?
I have the extended length 2"-3" coilovers 883-06-166 and wanted a little more than Fox Factory shipped settings which I believe are sent with 2" of pre-load and I wanted 2 1/2". From ground to fender I'm right at 40 1/4" with stock duratrac tires

I also have the Icon 1.5" Rear coils with no weight in bed and they netted me 3/4" lift, ground to fender 41 3/8"

4aa1cbf09f472b74d5700ae11e74b0d8.jpg
d108a9b450dca8613f73f5c7012e25b3.jpg

9fe2df1304bfeaae5c8f0d6405d2632a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread