5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3” Fox DSC coilover pics

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanted to share some photos of my recent lift. I did the Fox 2.5 DSC coilover set to 3” however I think it netted me a few more mm’s than 3” as it looks higher than my Mopar + ORP lift. I foolishly didn’t take measurements - was too excited to get them on haha. Install was super easy, I have a lift at my place and have done several rams now, including my own. But to not have to mess with springs compressors is awesome lol. They came with a little bracket to mount the canisters which I thought was super cool. Shows off the canisters very nicely.

I went with a readylift SST upper control arm after seeing the BDS failures. The angles seem good. The ride is absolutely phenomenal, which I expected to be for the money. Not the cheapest but the quality is definitely great. Sorry for the dirty truck.

Attachments

• E9F70998-16CB-4BCB-85C1-CFEF81EE89D4.jpeg
    E9F70998-16CB-4BCB-85C1-CFEF81EE89D4.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 657
  • 03D5E793-70BD-4C01-A1E1-7C8ED016E267.jpeg
    03D5E793-70BD-4C01-A1E1-7C8ED016E267.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 649
  • D19BDF09-F073-431A-B96E-B8EC39FFF180.jpeg
    D19BDF09-F073-431A-B96E-B8EC39FFF180.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 651

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Looks great! what size wheels/tires you running? And is your rear just factory set up?

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Wanted to share some photos of my recent lift. I did the Fox 2.5 DSC coilover set to 3” however I think it netted me a few more mm’s than 3” as it looks higher than my Mopar + ORP lift. I foolishly didn’t take measurements - was too excited to get them on haha. Install was super easy, I have a lift at my place and have done several rams now, including my own. But to not have to mess with springs compressors is awesome lol. They came with a little bracket to mount the canisters which I thought was super cool. Shows off the canisters very nicely.

I went with a readylift SST upper control arm after seeing the BDS failures. The angles seem good. The ride is absolutely phenomenal, which I expected to be for the money. Not the cheapest but the quality is definitely great. Sorry for the dirty truck.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Nice ride, absolutely love my Fox! What is your height from ground to fender?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice ride, absolutely love my Fox! What is your height from ground to fender?
Ground to fender is 36” on the nose, maybe 35 7/8. It all depends on the tire pressure and tread depth of tires too. I have fairly new ridge grapplers so that could have a contribution to height

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
Looks incredible! I've been in a struggle on how to level out my mopar kit currently and been a bit all over the board. But I'm guessing this isn't for 2WD? What new rims / offset are you going for?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks incredible! I've been in a struggle on how to level out my mopar kit currently and been a bit all over the board. But I'm guessing this isn't for 2WD? What new rims / offset are you going for?

I think it’ll work for either 2WD or 4WD.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
36" and you're running 35s?
35” 7/8 from the bottom edge of my wheel with 20’s (probably the most accurate way to measure)

41 3/4” from ground to fender, ridge grapplers with 5k miles, aired to 38 psi. Again this is not a great way to test as everyone’s trucks weigh differently, could be aired differently and have more or less tread.

Attachments

• 8DB9374F-AEC9-4549-88ED-5C5AF7352F90.jpeg
    8DB9374F-AEC9-4549-88ED-5C5AF7352F90.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 84

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
How'd you compare the ride to the mopar kit fox shocks with the ORP package? Did you do the mopar kit w/o ORP package, if so how did it compare to that?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How'd you compare the ride to the mopar kit fox shocks with the ORP package? Did you do the mopar kit w/o ORP package, if so how did it compare to that?
First, go Vols.

Second, the ride with the Mopar was good felt just a little stiffer factory, no real complaints. The main reason for the change is because I tow a lot and the ball joint angles with the Mopar + ORP spring I was potentially asking for some trouble while towing. It got a little “dancy” in the front when I added the springs over the little bumps and expansion joints, but I am also hyper hyper hyper sensitive to changes like that as I deal a lot with race suspension engineering for race cars and track builds. I also can’t sit still and always want to modify things, so when I revisited the lift, this felt like the best option for high quality parts. The ride without the ORP springs felt just like factory, maybe a tick firmer than factory.

AA1mike

Reaction score

did you do anything in the rear? i am at 40 1/2 rear and 38 1/2 front stock . i would like the rear at 42 and level

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
2” rear spacer

wheels are 20x9 et0 with 35x12.5
I am actually switching to 20x1 this week
So on the rear your running your factory orp springs with a 2” puck style spacer?? And like a fox shock? Just curious how it rides with a coil over in front and orp in rear?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So on the rear your running your factory orp springs with a 2” puck style spacer?? And like a fox shock? Just curious how it rides with a coil over in front and orp in rear?
My truck didn’t have ORP, I had added the front ORP springs to the Mopar lift. In the rear I am running the 2” Mopar lift puck

flying53brian

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me if there Fox coilovers came with hardware for mounting the top into shock tower. The 3 bolts and nuts, or do you reuse the original hardware?

Thanks, I just don't want to start the install and get stuck!

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online