5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/60/20 on OE 20's

akostaac

Reaction score
I agree it looks amazing! Curious about fuel mileage as well.
Honestly I drove about 50 miles today and it seems about the same. I bought the truck brand new about 2 weeks ago. I had a 4th gen with Maxtrax 7/4 lift kit and 35” nitto ridge load E on it so I don’t really pay too much attention to mpg also have a company gas card for personal use. I drove across Florida this past weekend and I got about 19mpg at cruising speed of 75mph on this new one. I’m done lifting trucks 😂 but I love the stance so got me some stance. I will post more pics when I give this one her first bath 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 5BB73791-9378-41CF-BBE1-B98E3BA9F5E5.jpeg
    5BB73791-9378-41CF-BBE1-B98E3BA9F5E5.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 314

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not bad! How many ply are your new tires?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly I drove about 50 miles today and it seems about the same. I bought the truck brand new about 2 weeks ago. I had a 4th gen with Maxtrax 7/4 lift kit and 35” nitto ridge load E on it so I don’t really pay too much attention to mpg also have a company gas card for personal use. I drove across Florida this past weekend and I got about 19mpg at cruising speed of 75mph on this new one. I’m done lifting trucks 😂 but I love the stance so got me some stance. I will post more pics when I give this one her first bath 🤷🏻‍♂️
Looks mean! Love that stance. Thanks for the info

akostaac

Reaction score
Just had some 275/60-20 XL Ridge Grapplers installed a couple weeks ago. I promised myself I was going to leave this one completely stock, but those low profiles were killing me. Truck is a BTS so has 1 inch lift from factory. Pictures do not do it justice as it looks way better in person. For the way I use my truck it wasn't worth the extra cost and increased weight to go with an LT tire to move up to like a 285 or 295. Truck drives at least as well as it did with the OE Falkens. The RGs are a little noisier at low speeds but quieter and smoother on the interstate. Speedometer is off by about 2-3mph at 70. For those of you on the fence about doing this, it is worth it IMO. I was able to look at a BFG KO2 in the same size at the tire place side by side with the Ridge Grappler and it would look killer too. They don't hold rocks nearly as bad as the Falkens or the Goodyear Fortitude on my 19 did.
Looks awesome!! I did the same tires but added 1.5inc wheel spacers all around to give a little more stance.

U

User_63152

What do guys think about these on stock suspension, no ORP? It's a 4 ply so shouldn't hurt mpg too much.

https://simpletire.com/brands/venom...ireSize=275-60r20&userRegion=99&userZip=00000
Personally, I would never buy an ''off'' brand. But, that's just me. IMO, you get what you pay for. That being said, I am a tire snob. :ROFLMAO:

Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is my choice. They are one of the top 5 rated AT tires on Tire Rack (#4, I believe). Plus, they are a good value (they are the cheapest of the top 5).

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I gotcha. I’ve always run mastercraft and other off brands that have good reviews. I definitely won’t pay $1000 for tires. I’m cheap lol

Oilslick

Reaction score
Personally, I would never buy an ''off'' brand. But, that's just me. IMO, you get what you pay for. That being said, I am a tire snob. :ROFLMAO:

Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is my choice. They are one of the top 5 rated AT tires on Tire Rack (#4, I believe). Plus, they are a good value (they are the cheapest of the top 5).

I like and have those Pirelli's too. They're just a good all around tire!!!
(y)

Jacksoncj7

Reaction score

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want cheap and well known try these good years thwy have a good looking side wall and perform well on my friends Gmc. https://simpletire.com/brands/goody...rationPos=3&curationSource=top-pick-top-picks
For a long time I thought GoodYear was a good tire, but I've read tons of post were people say they aren't that great. I still kind of want to try those trailrunners as they look good, especially for the price. I guess it depends where I'm at in a few months, I'll end up deciding which way to go. My other option is the scoprions or the AT3 Toyo's.

Tdub

Reaction score
Just got installed...Super happy. I'll report back when I put a few miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_8500.jpg
    IMG_8500.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_8501.jpg
    IMG_8501.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_8504.jpg
    IMG_8504.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 620

jaredolsen27

Reaction score
Went with 275 60 20 Toyo AT3s. I’ve got about a thousand miles on them so far. I can’t say that I’m super happy with them to be honest. I’ve always been a Duratrac guy but I got these for a pretty good deal, 800 bucks, so I pulled the trigger. I went from averaging 19- 20mpg overall to about 16.5 at best which seems insane to me.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went with 275 60 20 Toyo AT3s. I’ve got about a thousand miles on them so far. I can’t say that I’m super happy with them to be honest. I’ve always been a Duratrac guy but I got these for a pretty good deal, 800 bucks, so I pulled the trigger. I went from averaging 19- 20mpg overall to about 16.5 at best which seems insane to me.
Man that’s kind of disappointing. I was thinking of putting those on there. Probably going to try the Continental all terrains then.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
We don’t work with plastic but we will design a thinner less expensive option for people who don’t off road and want light weight.

That’s a huge drop for 1” of lift. did you recalibrate the Speedo? Are they 10 ply?

Users who are viewing this thread