5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$26 leveling kit installed

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are from eBay, made in USA. My front fender lip went from 36” to 38”. Rears stayed same at 39”. I prefer a slight take, both aesthetically and for towing. Helps my air bags be able to keep the truck level. Fitment and directions were great. I’ve done these before, so nothing new here. I have to get an alignment eventually. I checked toe and camber with my tools, and they are very very close.
Had issues in past with 2.5”s giving 4wd CV vibrations. So hopefully don’t get that. Also hopefully the upper balljoints stay happy for a bit. I really didn’t want to change all that crap. I’ve some 6” kits on 4th gens, and the front diff brackets are hell. And the custom tie rods required to fit the drop knuckles are junk and get loose at 10k. I’ll be happy with some 275-60 or 65s in the future.

Attachments

• AEA5F5BB-D29C-454D-BF7F-0F23C4F0E849.jpeg
    AEA5F5BB-D29C-454D-BF7F-0F23C4F0E849.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 341
  • AE7C3F6A-6F1C-4D5E-9548-51927F8D9E03.png
    AE7C3F6A-6F1C-4D5E-9548-51927F8D9E03.png
    378 KB · Views: 357
  • F68E2E0F-FE8F-4F0A-BF3E-E2A746944ACC.jpeg
    F68E2E0F-FE8F-4F0A-BF3E-E2A746944ACC.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 340

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Looks great, yeah how long did it take you to do it yourself, and did you say you have the air ride suspension as well? If so any issues with disconnecting and re connecting the air lines up front? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great, yeah how long did it take you to do it yourself, and did you say you have the air ride suspension as well? If so any issues with disconnecting and re connecting the air lines up front? Thanks

I do not have factory air ride..I have aftermarket in-coil helper airbags in the rear.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this spacer difficult to install?
Not really..you remove tie rod and sway bar nuts, then I Reference marked and removed lower control arm to frame bolts, let it fall, and remove the strut to install spacer.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No factory air ride. I wish!

Ram1992

Reaction score
I’m going to purchase the same spacer but I’m not sure if I should go 2” instead of 1.5” .

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So its only been a day. Really nothing negative to report here. The ride is unchanged, didn't really notice anything different. I marked the control arm adjustment cams, and just put them back. Checked toe in with a tape measure, and its still about 1/8" toe in, which was what I noted before I started. *I know this is not proper measurement or alignment. I will get an proper alignment at some point. But it really didn't throw anything totally out of whack. I probably also need to adjust my headlights. The factory LED's are bright, but I've never had anyone flash me back until last night. So they may be up a bit to high. I should have measured before I started. No odd noises, creaks, clunks, or excessive harshness. Maybe slight slight slight firmer. Might be my imagination.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m going to purchase the same spacer but I’m not sure if I should go 2” instead of 1.5” .
For what its worth, I purchased the 1.5" version. Without trimming the factory upper mount studs, this is the shortest you can go,,else, I would have gotten an 1" version.

That being said, I received about 2" of lift with them. My front fender lip went from 36" to 38". Maybe it will settle in a few days, dunno...But I'm happy.

cucubogdy

Reaction score
For what its worth, I purchased the 1.5" version. Without trimming the factory upper mount studs, this is the shortest you can go,,else, I would have gotten an 1" version.

That being said, I received about 2" of lift with them. My front fender lip went from 36" to 38". Maybe it will settle in a few days, dunno...But I'm happy.
So its only been a day. Really nothing negative to report here. The ride is unchanged, didn't really notice anything different. I marked the control arm adjustment cams, and just put them back. Checked toe in with a tape measure, and its still about 1/8" toe in, which was what I noted before I started. *I know this is not proper measurement or alignment. I will get an proper alignment at some point. But it really didn't throw anything totally out of whack. I probably also need to adjust my headlights. The factory LED's are bright, but I've never had anyone flash me back until last night. So they may be up a bit to high. I should have measured before I started. No odd noises, creaks, clunks, or excessive harshness. Maybe slight slight slight firmer. Might be my imagination.
If you look up the factory OEM Mopar lift kit on mopar website they will have install instructions you can download, at the end of the instructions there is a section on how to adjust the light pattern to compensate for the lift. It has all the measurements. If you can't find it I will look it up and post a link here. Hope this helps.
How do you like the ride after a couple months? I am looking on doing something similar in height. Why you went with that particular brand? The cutouts in the mounting holes worry me that they compromise durability. Let us know what you think.

cucubogdy

Reaction score
Instructions for the OEM lift kit, they might help, they have the Headlights setup at the end.

Attachments

• Lift Kit.PDF
    974.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Lift Kit Light Setup.pdf
    68.3 KB · Views: 37

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im still happy with the spacers. No issues. I still haven’t done an alignment. I’m waiting to get new tires. My existing tires have not worn funny, and no pulling or anything. I’m still going to do it, but I’m super happy for the price.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have a 4x2 Laramie w/flares and measured mine from the ground to fender flare lip being 36" on front & 38-7/16" in the rear in stock form. I ordered the 2" version of what you ordered, thinking I would end up with about a 7/16" rake. The photo below is from the ad that I purchased from and how to measure what you need.

Another note....the ad is listed as 2006-2018 Ram 4WD, so I can assume the ad is wrong and it also fits 2006-2020 as well. Also, I have read where there should be no differences in the front struts between 2WD to 4WD. Can anyone confirm all of this? Spacers are already on the way, so I put the cart in front of the horse, but if it doesn't work, I'm only out about 30 bucks. Just be nice to know this is going to work before I get things torn down and run into unforeseen issues. TIA.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
e47106444eccedb0851f17b2d9800d21.jpg

Fit verified, thickness of spacer on 2” kit is 1.350”. Will be installing soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed yesterday, was a b!tch by myself, but got it done. VERY pleased with the result, perfectly level within a 1/16.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
38-1/4" front & rear + or - a 1/6"...when I measured above, I don't recall the fuel I had. I have a light load in the bed right now (maybe 75 pounds) and 3/4 tank of fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread